Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,871 of 35,472
In which areas are the Havi superior/inferior?

HAVI
Build quality
Ergonomics (destroys the tenore)
Accessories (destroys the tenore)
Product consistency

Tenore is warmer, and has more of a sub bass layer than the havi. The tenore is easier to drive than the havi.

This is based on an a-b-c comparison last night between these two and the gr07 BE.

When amped...

HAVI
Seperation
Treble extension
Soundstage
Micro details (destroys the tenore)
Timbre

The gr07 BE is my favorite of the three, and I feel this is the best of them all things considered.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,872 of 35,472
The saddest thing about all of this discussion is that the havi is superior in a majority of categories over the tenore.

I am on the verge of getting the tenore, so you can try and convince me otherwise.

I dunno, they cost about the same - the tenore just looks a bit more convenient to use. I will be powering those with a smartphone as well and the havi are supposedly power hungry, right? Anyway, tip sensitive as is described on the first page of their thread just kinda kills it for me and a lack of go-to tips for them. I have not yet found tips for my Brainwavz S1 that are perfect for me, life just seems very simple on the tenore side, just order a pair of 3$ tips and phones and plug and play.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,873 of 35,472
  I am on the verge of getting the tenore, so you can try and convince me otherwise.

I dunno, they cost about the same - the tenore just looks a bit more convenient to use. I will be powering those with a smartphone as well and the havi are supposedly power hungry, right? Anyway, tip sensitive as is described on the first page of their thread just kinda kills it for me and a lack of go-to tips for them. I have not yet found tips for my Brainwavz S1 that are perfect for me, life just seems very simple on the tenore side, just order a pair of 3$ tips and phones and plug and play.

Ostry, Havi B3, Tenore are all good in different aspects. With plain source like smartphone, Havi may be not as good as the other 2, but if you have good enough Dac/Amp, Havi B3 will shine the most out of three.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #3,874 of 35,472

Ostry, Havi B3, Tenore are all good in different aspects. With plain source like smartphone, Havi may be not as good as the other 2, but if you have good enough Dac/Amp, Havi B3 will shine the most out of three.

Yeah, I'm upgrading to a 2014 flagship phone too, it might provide plenty of power for the havi - then again, it also might not. I've been reading up on the havi and I see that they actually are now coming with the most desired tips for most, the sennheiser double flanges, surely makes more appealing to the guy who doesn't want to be bothered :D
With the tenores vs havi I think one reason people are getting the tenore could also be that the havi initial review is very honest and does list cons, while the tenore thread is mostly just writing about upsides. Life is easier without cons.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,875 of 35,472
  Yeah, I'm upgrading to a 2014 flagship phone too, it might provide plenty of power for the havi - then again, it also might not. I've been reading up on the havi and I see that they actually are now coming with the most desired tips for most, the sennheiser double flanges, surely makes more appealing to the guy who doesn't want to be bothered :D
With the tenores vs havi I think one reason people are getting the tenore could also be that the havi initial review is very honest and does list cons, while the tenore thread is mostly just writing about upsides. Life is easier without cons.

I have powered my havi from my galaxy s3 and only need to put it around 50% volume and that is usually loud enough for me. The sennheiser double flanges are a true god send for these iems and get a great seal. In the past before I got them I was spending a lot of time tip rolling and not listening and since I got them they have great and my go to, don't think I have bothered with other tips since.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,876 of 35,472

I was objective in that Havi thread. Faith follows truth, always... If B3 is special, one day most audiophiles may appreciate it, sooner or later...

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #3,881 of 35,472
So given proper amplification, a Havi B3 owner has nothing to gain by buying Tenores?

I own a reference Tenore sample and can easily say that B3 is better in every way. Bass is better quality in B3 and well layered. If you need quantity then you can always eq.

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3,882 of 35,472
It seems odd to me that there are pairs of Tenore that are "better" or "reference". No one, *that I've seen*, has has reported a consistent issue with QC for other Zero Audio products. Yet, the Tenore seems to suffer from either the worst/best QC mistake in history or it's in people's heads. I personally think it comes down to differences in gear, music preferences, and all the normal variations.
Now, assuming that you just have to get lucky and snag a good pair, what's the point? So we are supposed to gamble away $55 in the hope of getting a so-called "reference" pair? PPFFFFFFTTTTT! I think not. 

I don't doubt that what people are claiming is what they are hearing on both sides of the spectrum, but I also see a glaring problem with the variation.

The disparity in the reviews almost makes me curious enough to pick one up. Hopefully someone comes to the August 9th SoCal meet with a pair. And hopefully, it's a 'reference' pair. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #3,883 of 35,472
  1. 1clearhead posted about "Ivery IS-1" (or Liberty 1).  $6 shipped!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-316-iems-compared-tdk-ba200-added-05-26-14-p-914/13860#post_10642457

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #3,884 of 35,472
I ordered a Tenore (off someone from Headfi) to listen for myself based on how highly rated they supposedly are. Can't wait!

I will say though. The Havi B3 is otherwordly for it's price, but I do not think it is better than the best $300 IEMs. For example compared to the TF10, granted it may be apples vs oranges, the TF10 seems better to me in many ways (e.g. bass and treble extension) while the B3 is better in others (soundstage, imaging accuracy). Which is better? Hard to say! So even if the B3 is better, it definitely doesn't 'kill' the TF10, a great $300 IEM.

So when others say the Tenore is 'better than' (what does it even mean nowadays...) or even 'kills' the 846 or CIEMs, obviously my interest increases manifold.

I've got to say I'm almost 99.99% sure of disappointment. I suppose some areas of the Tenore might be 'better than' the TOTLs. But if you're gonna tell me it 'beats' $400, $800, $1k plus IEMs, you're essentially telling me that it annihilates the TF10 and for that matter the Havi B3, which is going to be a tall order.

I guess we shall see.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #3,885 of 35,472
We all know that when reading reviews, one should take it with a grain of salt. but when people start claiming it kills this, destroys that and is the best ever then increase that to a spoonful of salt. (season to taste)

Also as gyx11 said, he was so hyped on those Tenores that his expectation biase is through the roof and therefore will definitely subconciously affect his impressions.

Personally though I am hoping that the hype on the Tenores, Havi and Ostry are legit. Win win situation for all music lovers eh? Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back