Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #3,859 of 35,472
  Received my SMSL M2 DAC+Amp.
Horrible noise from both headphone out and line out.
Completely unusable.

I was thinking of jumping on that train. I will stick with my c&c bh. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #3,860 of 35,472
Received my SMSL M2 DAC+Amp.
Horrible noise from both headphone out and line out.
Completely unusable.

There is a Head-Fi member that tried a couple of different SMSL products and had horrible luck with build quality/reliability. I wonder if this is indicative of their products. They tend to have similar models to some of Toppings t-amp offerings, only cheaper. Maybe the cheaper is not better in this instance.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,861 of 35,472
There is a Head-Fi member that tried a couple of different SMSL products and had horrible luck with build quality/reliability. I wonder if this is indicative of their products. They tend to have similar models to some of Toppings t-amp offerings, only cheaper. Maybe the cheaper is not better in this instance.

even buyers feedback at Taobao for SMSL products have lots of negatives.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #3,862 of 35,472
There's people on the tenore thread claiming that they completely destroy IEMs like the Sony h3, jvc fx-850, gr07 BE, and even $1000+ dollar customs...

What a joke!!!

I haven't heard the H3 nor FX850 so I can't comment, but they do destroy the GR07 MK2 (see my sig).  I still haven't found an IEM that is better than the Tenore, but I have Singolo on the way so we'll see.

There also seem to be variations of the Tenore, so all Tenores are not equal.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,863 of 35,472
And it's not just eke2k6 saying it beats H3 and FX850.  

Cn11 just said it handily beats SE846 and is close to, but does not beat Truth and Answer.

Mochill just said it beats FX850

Countless others saying it beats much more expensive IEMs.

For me, I haven't tried anything more expensive than M200, but it beats everything I've tried.

But again, there are variations of Tenores and tips also make a difference.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #3,864 of 35,472
even buyers feedback at Taobao for SMSL products have lots of negatives.

I did a lot of research on t-amps at one time, and that's where SMSL has a lot of models. I never could find much excitement about their products in the t-amp enthusiast community either. Just seems like they might be a brand to avoid unless it's easy for one to return if there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back