Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #3,511 of 35,472
Hey, I though this is good place to ask this:

I plan to buy phone/tablet from China and I see good deal on Dinodirect, but I am worried about the shipping quality. Is it generally safer choice to buy via taobao + agents?
thanks

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #3,512 of 35,472
  Where would you recommend buying an smsl m2 from? Are there any similar options you'd recommend I look into?

You can buy it from a place called shenzenaudio. I haven't had any dealings with them but that is where I plan on purchasing mine from. Just waiting on some reviews first as I am also looking at other options.

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #3,513 of 35,472
--Edit--

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #3,514 of 35,472
  So, the Vsonic CEO said essentially his new VSD3/5 earphones will beat out any Chinese brand earphone costing up to US $80. That would mean the Havi, Osty's, Sidy, etc. So, who is up for the challenge? I might try one but only have the Tenore and those are Japanese so they don't really count
biggrin.gif

You just gotta love this guy. Their new products should sound like Shure, Westons and god knows what but only compete with $80 of Chinese brand earphones 
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #3,515 of 35,472
Perhaps he feels that the Shures and Westones only compete with $80 Chinese earphones, too. Price and value in audio is very esoteric, I still don't know what quantifies one sound being worth $100 or $1000 more than another sound. Diminishing returns have been quoted, but nobody can put their finger on what you actually get for each of your dollars.

How about we wait until we hear them and decide for ourselves? VSonic's CEO is as entitled to his opinion as much as any of us are, even if he does come across as a bit big-headed. In my opinion, any attempts at competing with much higher-priced products can only be good for the end-consumer. And people are worried about these earphones not being priced higher just because other companies see fit to charge massive premiums on their products simply because they know people will pay? Smh.

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #3,519 of 35,472
  The DonScorpio Dolphin do look good but is hard to source and kinda pricey :frowning2:

http://penonaudio.com/DONSCORPIO-Dolphin

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #3,520 of 35,472
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #3,522 of 35,472

Driving them straight out of Note 2 w/Neutron, I have to crank it up all the way close to max volume :frowning2:  While using X5 and AP100, I also have to crank up volume about 20 ticks higher than all my other IEMs.

Yes, but they still sound phenomenal, right?  I play them at around 80% on my laptop and smartphone.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3,523 of 35,472
  Yes, but they still sound phenomenal, right?  I play them at around 80% on my laptop and smartphone.

They sound "Giant Killer" phenomenal :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back