Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3,496 of 35,472
@Twister6

Did you hear the im70 as well? I wonder what the main difference is.

I feel it's a bit like the ax30/35, no one can really highlight what differs them.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #3,497 of 35,472

Good point but do you feel like the IM50 is a horizontal upgrade?

I'm not familiar with SE215 sound signature, and heard two opposite stories about how these sound.  Some people describe them as v-shaped with recessed mids, slightly exaggerated bass that spills into lower mids, and unnatural higher frequency tones - it's an entry level single BA driver IEM.  IM50 has a better separation with bass isolation and balanced (if not slightly upfront) mids with a pretty good tonality.  So my take is will not be a horizontal upgrade.  Might be a good question to post in http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #3,499 of 35,472
@Twister6

Did you hear the im70 as well? I wonder what the main difference is.

I feel it's a bit like the ax30/35, no one can really highlight what differs them.

No, didn't hear IM70, and it's a bit confusing going through IMxx thread on head-fi where I see people flip-flopping about which one they like better.  One thing for sure, IM70 is a lot bigger and only comes in red, which is a turn off for me lol!!!  I think IM70 is a bit more detailed, while IM50 has better bass?

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #3,500 of 35,472
Yeah. I tried to learn from that thread as well without much luck.

My impression from what I learned equals yours. Would have liked a detail direct comparison though.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #3,501 of 35,472

I'm not familiar with SE215 sound signature, and heard two opposite stories about how these sound.  Some people describe them as v-shaped with recessed mids, slightly exaggerated bass that spills into lower mids, and unnatural higher frequency tones - it's an entry level single BA driver IEM.  IM50 has a better separation with bass isolation and balanced (if not slightly upfront) mids with a pretty good tonality.  So my take is will not be a horizontal upgrade.  Might be a good question to post in http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70

Agh ok definitely gonna think about it, I'm curious about the Carbo Tenore but I'm in contact with a few people that has the Havi B3 Pro-1 here in the forums as well. Right now, the Carbo is the one I really like but I'm still worried about the cable. Will update as soon as I make a decision to buy :).

P.S. I actually do quite enjoy my SE215's I just want to get something better than it.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #3,502 of 35,472
I think it's safe to say that the B3 Pro1 is the technically best of your options so far. The important question is whether you like their signature nor not.

They're also pretty bass light so it depends on what you like and what music you listen to.

Edit: I agree, the se215 as a package is quite nice. However these new offerings are really moving forward.

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #3,505 of 35,472
you could always wait for the new vsonic vsd3/vsd3s to go on market... they have removable cables and should sound pretty good considering the maker is pretty well known for high quality high value stuff...

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #3,506 of 35,472
I think it's safe to say that the B3 Pro1 is the technically best of your options so far. The important question is whether you like their signature nor not.

They're also pretty bass light so it depends on what you like and what music you listen to.

Edit: I agree, the se215 as a package is quite nice. However these new offerings are really moving forward.

Pulled the trigger on the Havi's. I figured that it's hard to beat for $/performance ratio and I managed to get it for $40 from a head-fi'er that had only used it for 3 weeks! Thanks a lot for your help. The SE215's are nice and the cables are awesome but I figured a change of scenery would be nice :).

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,507 of 35,472
So, the Vsonic CEO said essentially his new VSD3/5 earphones will beat out any Chinese brand earphone costing up to US $80. That would mean the Havi, Osty's, Sidy, etc. So, who is up for the challenge? I might try one but only have the Tenore and those are Japanese so they don't really count
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3,508 of 35,472
  So, the Vsonic CEO said essentially his new VSD3/5 earphones will beat out any Chinese brand earphone costing up to US $80. That would mean the Havi, Osty's, Sidy, etc. So, who is up for the challenge? I might try one but only have the Tenore and those are Japanese so they don't really count
biggrin.gif

I'm sure mochill will have it before anybody else
biggrin.gif

Btw, is there any info in english about VSD3/5?  I have seen pictures, removable cable, similar ergonomics to Shure/Westone, really cool looking cable, etc.  Will it have dynamic or BA drivers?  It looks kind of small, so maybe multiple BA drivers?

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #3,509 of 35,472
Lol I swear this cheap iem thing feels like a while new world of audio! What are the announced prices of the VSD3 & 5? Do they release later in June?

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,510 of 35,472
$55-ish for the VSD3(pre-sale on LMUE was $53.70) and $65-ish for the VSD5. Maybe will go up a bit after the first batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back