Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #3,301 of 35,472
From my phone, tenore is smoother, less midbassy, less peaky, have better soundstage, also less in your face/intimate due to better soundstage and overall better timbre than Re400.

Much appreciate your input

May 29, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #3,302 of 35,472
Members have posted that the 27 usd ed3 are the real thing

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/3135#post_10573876

Just a heads up (might work for other people too), I added the ED3 to my basket yesterday and then decided I don't need another pair of headphones - Aliexpress emailed me today with a price drop to $20 shipped so I went for it.
Dammit Head-Fi! I really don't need them, will give them as a present for good audio karma I guess :p

May 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #3,303 of 35,472
  Just a heads up (might work for other people too), I added the ED3 to my basket yesterday and then decided I don't need another pair of headphones - Aliexpress emailed me today with a price drop to $20 shipped so I went for it.
Dammit Head-Fi! I really don't need them, will give them as a present for good audio karma I guess :p

I got mine from aliexpress for about 25usd if i remember correctly . They should be here next week max. I'm interested in impressions in SQ.

By the way this forum has literally destroyed me financially :) . Since i got into this thread i ordered 4 headphones , 2 portable amps and 2 dacs .Its like an addiction. And i have no idea when i will test all of them. I guess should give 100 hours each one and decide which one to use most :) 

May 29, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #3,305 of 35,472
@shak85

Wokei, myself and a few (thousand) others are founding audiophile anonomus to help people like ourselves out of our addiction. Only problem is finding sponsors since this is the only forum I'm active on :wink:

May 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #3,308 of 35,472
@shak85

Wokei, myself and a few (thousand) others are founding audiophile anonomus to help people like ourselves out of our addiction. Only problem is finding sponsors since this is the only forum I'm active on
wink.gif

I'm in definitely but been pretty subdued today cuz SHE at home.....shhhhhhhhh

May 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3,311 of 35,472
@peter123

The closest thing I've heard to the b3 with sub bass is the dn1000 or the gr07BE.

I've never heard the dn2k but I've read that it doesn't have the same bass impact as the dn1000. I hear that the mids are breathtaking though.

Hmm, I think I'll have to try the GR07BE one day, I'm not particulary sensetive to sibliance so it could be the right one for me.

Is soundstage, layering and separation on the DN1000, DN2000 and GR07BE at least as good as on the B3's? I would not be willing to give up on any of these parameters to get added bass. Also when I'm talking about bass I mean SUB bass not more midbass.

Are you saying you like Havi B3 the most for Rock music?

Yes but I'm an old man so Rock music to me is The Eagles, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, REM etc. Should have been clearer on that since it's such a diversed gengre.

May 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #3,313 of 35,472
Can't wait for the tin go ear buds and my dx90:sunglasses:.

I m waiting for m760 earbuds which are told to be performed similar if not better than tg-38s . Hopefully they can be on par with some IEMs i own

May 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #3,314 of 35,472
@peter123

Once you add a sub bass bump, the soudstage. layering, and seperation is hard to replicate, hence the b3 pro II. The closest I've heard is the DN1000. The tenore is right up there too.

I'm looking for the same set of phones as you my friend. We are on the same mission. The only thing I would add is a little more weight on the mids that are a little more forward than the b3. This is why I will sacrifice micro details and enjoy the gr07BE and dm2. I'm starting to wonder if the re400 might be right up my alley, although from what I read they aren't the most durable things, and the sub bass isn't there the way I would probably prefer.

May 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3,315 of 35,472
@shak85

Wokei, myself and a few (thousand) others are founding audiophile anonomus to help people like ourselves out of our addiction. Only problem is finding sponsors since this is the only forum I'm active on
wink.gif

Add me to the list cause I need help!  I Keep saying this is it for a while then I blackout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back