Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,033 of 35,472
Found a awesome discovery with the dm2...

Using the double flanges that come with the accessories, if you push them all the way around the tips and up to the housing, you cover the vent on the the tip and give the dm2 a whole new sound much similar to the monster gratitude. Very deep sub bass that is controlled. I increased the low end by a few dB while losing very little the highs with the red tips.

Anyone who has the dm2, give this a try and post your impressions. I'm pretty sure you will like the results.

Happy Sunday

May 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #3,035 of 35,472
Very impactful and powerful, great for pop.

A couple clicks down on the lows, and a couple clicks up on the highs... I'm loving it

You mean with EQ adjustment?  I just tried sliding eartips using both included AT small bore eartips and my UE large bore eartips - in both cases bass becomes very powerful (!!!), but upper mids/highs suffer due to loss in clarity.  I mean, it's a great solution for an extreme v-shape super-bass sound!  Personally, I'm sticking with eartips in default position to expose that pinhole - I love the balanced sound and my clear vocals :)

Btw, I have been doing more a/b comparison with some other IEMs, especially RE-400 which I find to sound relatively natural in tonality (though more toward warm/neutral signature), and I did notice that DM2 has a slightly different interpretation of higher frequencies.  They sound VERY FUN and I LOVE their sound and impact of fast beat/bass attack while still being able to hear details of mids, but I don't want anybody to be mislead these are audiophile quality headphones.  But they are FUN, and this is FUN without compromises!

Can't wait to hear KC06, coming sometime next week :wink:  Will post my impressions/review and comparison.

May 18, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,036 of 35,472
You mean with EQ adjustment?  I just tried sliding eartips using both included AT small bore eartips and my UE large bore eartips - in both cases bass becomes very powerful (!!!), but upper mids/highs suffer due to loss in clarity.  I mean, it's a great solution for an extreme v-shape super-bass sound!  Personally, I'm sticking with eartips in default position to expose that pinhole - I love the balanced sound and my clear vocals :)

Btw, I have been doing more a/b comparison with some other IEMs, especially RE-400 which I find to sound relatively natural in tonality (though more toward warm/neutral signature), and I did notice that DM2 has a slightly different interpretation of higher frequencies.  They sound VERY FUN and I LOVE their sound and impact of fast beat/bass attack while still being able to hear details of mids, but I don't want anybody to be mislead these are audiophile quality headphones.  But they are FUN, and this is FUN without compromises!

Can't wait to hear KC06, coming sometime next week :wink:  Will post my impressions/review and comparison.
Ya, with the filters covered, eq the lower frequency down a tad and the upper frequency up a tad. It seems to add a nice bump without taking to much away from the rest of the spectrum

May 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #3,040 of 35,472
  The KC06A is AWESOME. Loving it right now.

So this one is a keeper? :wink:  How is the bass?  Overall impression of the sound (lows/mids/highs)?  Is it neutral, v-shaped, analytical, or balanced?

May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,041 of 35,472

So this one is a keeper? :wink:  How is the bass?  Overall impression of the sound (lows/mids/highs)?  Is it neutral, v-shaped, analytical, or balanced?

Keeper, great bass, slight v shape, mids slightly less than the KC06, bass more here, yet coherent. Still need to let them run.

May 20, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #3,042 of 35,472
Received DM2, using red nozzle yes it has stronger bass than KC06 but not overbearing the rest of frequency. Got the silver cable edition without mic and I don't have the silver nozzle, so I guess they've done away with it for my batch.

May 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #3,043 of 35,472
Received DM2, using red nozzle yes it has stronger bass than KC06 but not overbearing the rest of frequency. Got the silver cable edition without mic and I don't have the silver nozzle, so I guess they've done away with it for my batch.

Interesting I have the KC06 as well and these are on my radar....you thoughts on how the two compare would be most welcome.

May 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #3,045 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back