Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,847 of 35,472
Perhaps this is not the best place to post but I am interested in adding a pair of bookshelf or smaller floor standing speakers to my audio world. Ideally something that would work well with my current dac and amp.

I hope to be able to keep it under $800 but even better if I can do for under $500.

Does anyone know of any places that I can go to check out in Hong Kong?

since you are in the Chinese brand thread, ill recommend Swans M200 MKIII, they are only about 300 USD or less depending on the exchange rate. I can not point you to any shop in HK because I am not familiar with the place but I'm sure they are available there. You can find a review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/563723/a-bundle-of-extreme-musical-happiness-a-review-of-the-swans-m200-mkiii .

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #1,848 of 35,472
  Asked Penon Audio about the new Pistons:

Dear bhazard451,

dear friend:
thanks for you attention.
this is the Xiaomi  official statement: 
Rose gold version Pistons Xiaomi earphone won  Design Academy IF Award .
Xiaomi Piston IF commemorative edition  presale now.
All orders containing IF commemorative  piston edition earphones will shipping in accordance with the timing of payments in succession  from the March 13th
Original rose gold piston earphone will shipping normal..

We had booked the official Xiaomi  piston  IF commemorative  edition, 
But we really do not know how many quantity the head-fi friends need.
We are considering establishment of a reservation advertising on PENON announce everything . 
and we  will confirm PAYPAL when we shipping the goods.
best regards.

Great news and... just ordered my 3rd piston 
wink_face.gif
 Will this ever end ?
Actually I'm so impressed by the Pistons that I just bought even a Xiaomi phone 
etysmile.gif

I'm also on the fence for Dolphin vs. Drama: patiently waiting for bharzrd comparison.

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,851 of 35,472
Mar 7, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #1,852 of 35,472
  So what distinguishes this 'commemorative edition' from the others? Is it just a marketing scam?

Nobody knows, they are not available yet. I tried my best to contact a staff of xiaomi through taobao trade manager to ask questions regarding commemorative edition but I failed. So, this commemorative edition will be  a mystery for now.

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #1,854 of 35,472
Guess what?

I couldn't let go of the idea of getting more bass out of the B3 Pro's without the need for eq so I brought out all the tips I've got and started testing. I managed to squeeze on a pair of random triple flanges and deep insert them in my ear canals and WOW!

A very slight decrease in soundstage maybe but an overall much fuller sound and enough bass without any kind of bass boast. The small amount of silbliance I could detect earlier is now completely gone as well. As an extra bonus they also stay much better in my ears now, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to use them when working out without any problem at all.

I'll copy this post in the one with my initial impression as well.

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #1,855 of 35,472
My first impressions, its not representative, I only listended to a handful of songs (which I have in mind)

Setup:
Meizu 6 SL + Havi B3 Pro v1 + original Tips/comply foams (will order other tips soon)

In comparsion to my UE700 (bought for 70 USD - recommended retail price 200USD):

- not such a high resolution - the UE 700 has more details
- smaller soundstage
- better Bass
- not such stressful highs, the highs of UE700 are a litte bit to high imho

Overall its pleasant to listen. I think not superior, but for this price its really ok.

I think the B3 could be my allround IEM. Could imagine that listenening to them is not stressful over hours and hours.

The UE700 are better for classic and concentrate listening, but are a litte bit stressful. My Beyerdymanics DTX 50 (Bassheads) are good for fun listening (Hip Hop).

So every IEM has its right to exist
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,856 of 35,472
  Just bought Piston 2.1 form taobao+ cable for my CK100pro for $8.

You do realize for that price you got fakes? 

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,857 of 35,472

Great news and... just ordered my 3rd piston 
wink_face.gif
 Will this ever end ?
Actually I'm so impressed by the Pistons that I just bought even a Xiaomi phone 
etysmile.gif

I'm also on the fence for Dolphin vs. Drama: patiently waiting for bharzrd comparison.

It'll be a while. They are on the slow boat and just shipped, so it may be a good 3-4 weeks until I get them. I ordered one day too early before Penon got them in.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,858 of 35,472
Perhaps this is not the best place to post but I am interested in adding a pair of bookshelf or smaller floor standing speakers to my audio world. Ideally something that would work well with my current dac and amp.

I hope to be able to keep it under $800 but even better if I can do for under $500.

Does anyone know of any places that I can go to check out in Hong Kong?

There are actually many good DIY kits available in the US, with pre-cut flat pack MDF for ~$200 a speaker. Check this site out... www.diysoundgroup.com. Top quality for bargain pricing. I haven't seen any Asian vendors that could beat it, as shipping adds up quick on heavier items.

PM me for more info, as it's not really Asian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back