Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #1,861 of 35,472
Yeah, I definitely recommend trying it out, for me there's a significant difference in bass impact and isolation. I've got pretty small ears so the housing stay pretty much in the same place for me with tri flanges as with regular tips. I've also ordered soon bi flange but It'll probably be a while before I get them.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,862 of 35,472
Today I got my Dolphin - right out of the box: they are nice. Powerful and fun sound, pretty good amount of detail, though it could be more treble for my tastes.
Inner diameter of the earpads could be larger, but still it's much more comfortable than CAL!. Pretty good noise cancelling.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #1,863 of 35,472
  Today I got my Dolphin - right out of the box: they are nice. Powerful and fun sound, pretty good amount of detail, though it could be more treble for my tastes.
Inner diameter of the earpads could be larger, but still it's much more comfortable than CAL!. Pretty good noise cancelling.

More treble????? Wow! I love highs, and i actually leave me eq flat. These things kicj butt with highs. Maybe you got a bad set.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,864 of 35,472
Nah, I just need a pretty large quantity and good quality treble for listening strings (mainly violin).

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #1,867 of 35,472
+1 

I know people who claim that Denon D1100 have very good highs, and yet D1100 are hopeless (not enough treble and they have poor quality).
Dolphin are very interesting, with a pleasant sound, but to headphones that have really shiny and great highs, they are very far in this.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,868 of 35,472

Run it through burn in, you might hear sound improvement.  These are dynamic drivers after all :)

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #1,869 of 35,472
The highs of the B3's are so very smooth with triflange tips. I just can't stop listening to these iem's, they're so seducing.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #1,870 of 35,472
Finally got my KZ order from 2 months ago. They were sent back by customs from China Post.

The V-Moda type headphone looks awesome. Doesn't look as sweet as the actual V-Modas, but I love the foldable design and case. The sound quality is warm and clear. It probably sounds like the LP2. I only had the LP and that was a pure bass cannon. These aren't as rumbly, but they do focus on bass.

Won't have time to really listen to everything until Sunday.

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,872 of 35,472
  http://penonaudio.com/Xiaomi-Piston-IF-Commemorative-Edition?search=xiaomi

The only difference in the description with the regular v2.0 is "Dual-damping balance system make the sound more pure".
Bought anyway.

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,874 of 35,472
  It doesn't sound like it's another new version, but no one knows yet. Comes with a carry bag, custom shirt clip, and white box.

Beside white box, sounds like carry bag is the only difference.  Though, I can't imagine they will be able to squeeze in carry bag in there.  The box/packaging is ultra compact to begin with.

Btw, do you mind posting a link to that M-100 look-a-like you have in the picture above?  To be honest, I hardly listen to my M-100 anymore, but still keeping it because of that super compact folding design.  I'm always fascinated by it.  As a matter of fact, I mentioned that my ultimate headphones would be V-Moda M-100 with Dolphin drivers :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• mzso
Back