Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #1,366 of 35,472
Hi,

Pardon me that I am new and this is my first post despite being an on-off reader of head-fi for many moons.

I had some chat with Havi B3 seller, and gathered some infos which I like to share below. Before that, I have some questions:

bhazard, like to check with you when and where did you order your 3rd version of Havi B3? It supposed to be the improved pro version (2nd gen) released on the 15th Jan. Howver, they had quite a few different versions which they using to test the market. The fellow is thinking that you probably did not have the 2nd gen pro version (the only final version they have now)

I have shown him the opened up pic of  bhazard's first Pro version (one with red wire between 2 drivers) and still awaiting answer from him if it is the former pro version. I am trying to establish if his former pro version is exactly the one bhazard listens in case it was a different version.
Update: Indeed the photo from bhazard is their former Pro version.

Finally, we could request him to produce the old pro version if there is a MOQ of >10 units. Isn't that a good news? However, I don't know how this can be organised.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,367 of 35,472
Nice work. If the seller can guarantee the Pro version and be clear about it in the item description I cannot imagine that it would be a problem to sell more than ten units. I'd get a pair for sure. Let's hope that this work out :)

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #1,369 of 35,472
Ugomark is ignoring me as well, not sure if I can still open a dispute claim with them since I ordered without a Paypal account. 

Would be interested in the Pro version as well, Sobriety71. Though, what's the price?

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #1,370 of 35,472
Yeah, I'm definitely done with ugomark. Very ignorant behaviour.

Regarding the ax35: the nozzle is pretty wide (similar to the piston's) so deep insertion will be difficult for most persons I'd imagine. The housing is also pretty wide so they will probably stick out a little bit on most people. I cannot sleep with them.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,371 of 35,472
  The KC06 would be killer if it was less bright and had more bass. I'm not sure I would spend $60 on another single dynamic though, unless it was at the Fostex TE-05 level.

Perhaps the "A" revision does that. I actually think you could easily modify your KC06 to be less bright, and in turn allow the bass to be felt more, by adding additional filter material in front of the nozzle. Perhaps extra filters from HiFiMAN earphones could do the trick.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #1,372 of 35,472
Some of the best cost effective over ears I've tried all come from Sonic and Takstar.

Somic has a new Studio headphone for ~$50 called the MM185 which should be awesome. Mine is on the way.

The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000 in the US) is another headphone with the bass and treble you like at $54 that sounds like a $200 headphone.

Is there anything out there in the 40-45mm size that you could recomend? Those new somics look great, but look a lil too big.
The audio technica ATH-M50s are a steal at about $100. Have you compared these? Thanks

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,373 of 35,472
Some of the best cost effective over ears I've tried all come from Sonic and Takstar.

Somic has a new Studio headphone for ~$50 called the MM185 which should be awesome. Mine is on the way.

The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000 in the US) is another headphone with the bass and treble you like at $54 that sounds like a $200 headphone.

I'm interested in an opinion on the MM185. Reading a small review http://piebbs.pconline.com.cn/topic-75098.html on a Chinese forum (with google translate) this guy says it's kind of thin on bass.
I'd like to see a Pro 80/HD 5500/MM185 comparison.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #1,374 of 35,472
So PayPal came to my rescue once again and I got full refund for both my disputes with Ugomark :)

Still not one single reply or feedback from Ugomark though. That's really poor custom service.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,375 of 35,472
  Is there anything out there in the 40-45mm size that you could recomend? Those new somics look great, but look a lil too big.
The audio technica ATH-M50s are a steal at about $100. Have you compared these? Thanks

The M50's are easily matched by the Somic MH163, and are beaten by the Takstar Pro 80. Both are $50.

The new Somic may be even better, but I have a slow boat wait and a hold up at China Post keeping them from arriving.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #1,380 of 35,472
So PayPal came to my rescue once again and I got full refund for both my disputes with Ugomark
smily_headphones1.gif

Still not one single reply or feedback from Ugomark though. That's really poor custom service.

Seems paypal has blocked their account now. Cant use paypal now with Ugomark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back