Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #14,836 of 35,472
Our mods are busy people in important jobs. That they do what they do is already amazing as they do not get paid for their work. Justifying every action and the subsequent tidal wave of discussion about it (like what we do here) is a waste of their time. This forum is not a democracy, the rules are laid out clearly and it says that there will be no discussion or reasoning or any obligation telling you why and what.

However unless you are not banned you are free to start another thread as often as you like.

Maybe the thread starter should try to keep the thread on track and not let it turn into something silly.

Sometimes thread get locked for some time to calm things down and they are getting reopened later.

Disclaimer: I am talking general here, I don't know the B6 thread.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #14,837 of 35,472
I like headphones by Hisoundfi

I listen to headphones

When I'm with friends or alone

Headphones are really cool

I use them at work, and my son uses his at school

Sometimes I listen to my headphones, and sometimes I don't

There's time when I listen, and sometimes I won't

When I don't have headphones I'm sad

When I do have headphones I'm glad

Chinese headphones are really cool

American headphones are really cool too

Sennheiser Germans got it going on

And sometimes T-Peos will play my favorite song.

All I can say is that headphones rule

And if you're a troll that schiit ain't cool.

I like headphones.

Head-fi over and out

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #14,838 of 35,472
  I like headphones by Hisoundfi

I listen to headphones

When I'm with friends or alone

Headphones are really cool

I use them at work, and my son uses his at school

Sometimes I listen to my headphones, and sometimes I don't

There's time when I listen, and sometimes I won't

When I don't have headphones I'm sad

When I do have headphones I'm glad

Chinese headphones are really cool

American headphones are really cool too

Sennheiser Germans got it going on

And sometimes T-Peos will play my favorite song.

All I can say is that headphones rule

And if you're a troll that schiit ain't cool.

I like headphones.

Head-fi over and out

beautiful! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #14,842 of 35,472
Lol HiSound.... That was a nice one.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #14,845 of 35,472
  I'm not too sure of the rules and policies here, and whilst I don't know the appropriate channel for me to express my sentiments, I think it's best that information be as transparent as possible, and hence my posting in this thread. If any administrators actually bother to read this or venture into this thread, then please enlighten me as to why the Havi B6 thread was locked.

I can understand that there are certain posters who are unable to refrain from certain types of posts. That is not an issue for contention. But that still doesn't warrant

1) Closing down a thread without any fair warning
2) Not taking into account that the thread had already steered away from the nasty posts that had earlier surfaced
3) Disregarding the efforts of the thread creator, who painstakingly spent time and effort to provide useful information to a product that is set for launch
4) Closing down a thread for an occurrence which has plagued other threads before. I don't see the same infringement being applied in those cases.

It's actually less of why the B6 thread was shut down, but more of why other alternatives weren't pursued. A better solution would have simply been to personally warn those who were guilty of unconstructive behaviour, clean up the thread of the unwanted mess, and then allowed it to carry on as per normal. That way, the 99% of innocent people would still have been able to read and update the thread with useful information of a highly anticipated product (the very purpose of Head-fi?)

Instead, just shutting it down completely, silently and abruptly just reeks of 杀一儆百, which is just totally uncalled for. I get that none of the admins actually read the B6 threads since it's regarding a product geared towards the budget conscious community. I'm not saying that it's anything to do with elite JH Layla level IEMs vs Budget Havi B6, but in all honesty I do not think a thread regarding a darling product would have been so effortlessly shut down if similar dissenting posts had occurred in it. The B6 might mean nothing in the eyes of elite audiophiles, but it means a lot to many of us.

I do not correspond with the moderation team directly. I do however, see a lot here. For those that missed it, the B6 thread was temporarily locked because things became out of hand between 1 - 3 members, things started getting personal. I can only gather the thread was closed not only to prevent flaming going further (put a dead end on it) but also to allow a cool down period. The reason you cannot see what happened is because the offending posts were deleted. How do I know this? I watched it all happen. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #14,846 of 35,472
These look interesting (at least based on aesthetics for USD$47). Unfortunately can't find any reviews or opinions.

ARKON AWM130
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Artiste-ARKON-AWM130-50mm-Driver-Dynamic-HIFI-Deep-Bass-Stereo-Music-Computer-MP3-4-PHone-Headphones/32232692932.html

Nice looking padding, detachable cable, although on-ear.

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #14,847 of 35,472
Hi, since I'm a newbie here I'm not sure I can post this in this topic, but I'm looking for good quality portable headphones which I can use outdoors (when I go to work) and I don't want to spend too much money on it, around $40/50 tops.

I'm really interested in Asian brands (that's why I'm posting this here) and was looking at the Takstar HD5500, but I read that these have way too much bass, which I don't like. I do like a nice punchy bass, but just not too much. I already own the Takstar HI2050, which I really, really love, but I wouldn't want to go outside with it (a bit too big and heavy for that). I've been searching and searching for something like the HD5500 but with a little less bass and I'm getting tired of it... Can someone recommend me anything? 

The Somic M1 seems interesting to me, they look kind of nice, but I can't find any information/reviews on it:

http://www.somic-elec.com/products/02/01/2014-03-26/96.html

I've also been looking at some other stuff from Somic (MM185), Takstar and Senmai (HD900), but don't know if those are any good. I almost bought the Takstar HD2000, until I read here that it doesn't come anywhere near the quality of the HI2050. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #14,848 of 35,472
  These look interesting (at least based on aesthetics for USD$47). Unfortunately can't find any reviews or opinions.

ARKON AWM130
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Artiste-ARKON-AWM130-50mm-Driver-Dynamic-HIFI-Deep-Bass-Stereo-Music-Computer-MP3-4-PHone-Headphones/32232692932.html

Reminded me of ATH MSR7 Gunmetal at looks and detachable cable. I think it won't hurt to blind buy and try :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #14,849 of 35,472

ARKON AWM130

Here is their site.
  Hi, since I'm a newbie here I'm not sure I can post this in this topic, but I'm looking for good quality portable headphones which I can use outdoors (when I go to work) and I don't want to spend too much money on it, around $40/50 tops.

I'm really interested in Asian brands (that's why I'm posting this here) and was looking at the Takstar HD5500, but I read that these have way too much bass, which I don't like. I do like a nice punchy bass, but just not too much. I already own the Takstar HI2050, which I really, really love, but I wouldn't want to go outside with it (a bit too big and heavy for that). I've been searching and searching for something like the HD5500 but with a little less bass and I'm getting tired of it... Can someone recommend me anything? 

The Somic M1 seems interesting to me, they look kind of nice, but I can't find any information/reviews on it:

http://www.somic-elec.com/products/02/01/2014-03-26/96.html

I've also been looking at some other stuff from Somic (MM185), Takstar and Senmai (HD900), but don't know if those are any good. I almost bought the Takstar HD2000, until I read here that it doesn't come anywhere near the quality of the HI2050. 

Will be hard finding full size cans or even on ears in this price range that seal, sound as good or better than HI2050 and will be compact enough to take outside. I have a couple of somic models and I can say that MM163 sound really good. I didn't compare them against HI2050 though and I don't think that they are small enough to take outside. I suggest going with IEMs instead.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #14,850 of 35,472
Thanks. I looked at the MM163, how is the bass with this model? I read somewhere these headphones yield an incredibly flat frequency response throughout the spectrum, bass included. Like I said earlier, I don't like too much of it (like the Takstar HD5500), but I do like a nice punchy bass.

I know it's hard to find what I want :), but the Takstar HD5500 seemed good enough for me except for the bass. So I thought there's got to be something like that out there but with a little less bass?

Does anyone have any experience with the Edifier H840?

The Artiste/Arkon AWP3000A looks nice too, but not a review anywhere....
Edit: Never mind, I found a Chinese review (http://m.nanrenwo.net/article/65285.html).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back