Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #14,827 of 35,472
@bhazard Happy Birthday and i hope you will have a very prosperous year ahead of you.
Moe SS01 at 44$ is it a good buy ?? i know you had it, what do you think ? or is there any better option available at 45$.
currently i have FidueA63,Qstry kc6 and SM E30.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #14,828 of 35,472
  @bhazard Happy Birthday and i hope you will have a very prosperous year ahead of you.
Moe SS01 at 44$ is it a good buy ?? i know you had it, what do you think ? or is there any better option available at 45$.
currently i have FidueA63,Qstry kc6 and SM E30.

It would be a sidegrade to what you already have.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #14,829 of 35,472
  I'm not too sure of the rules and policies here, and whilst I don't know the appropriate channel for me to express my sentiments, I think it's best that information be as transparent as possible, and hence my posting in this thread. If any administrators actually bother to read this or venture into this thread, then please enlighten me as to why the Havi B6 thread was locked.

I can understand that there are certain posters who are unable to refrain from certain types of posts. That is not an issue for contention. But that still doesn't warrant

1) Closing down a thread without any fair warning
2) Not taking into account that the thread had already steered away from the nasty posts that had earlier surfaced
3) Disregarding the efforts of the thread creator, who painstakingly spent time and effort to provide useful information to a product that is set for launch
4) Closing down a thread for an occurrence which has plagued other threads before. I don't see the same infringement being applied in those cases.

It's actually less of why the B6 thread was shut down, but more of why other alternatives weren't pursued. A better solution would have simply been to personally warn those who were guilty of unconstructive behaviour, clean up the thread of the unwanted mess, and then allowed it to carry on as per normal. That way, the 99% of innocent people would still have been able to read and update the thread with useful information of a highly anticipated product (the very purpose of Head-fi?)

Instead, just shutting it down completely, silently and abruptly just reeks of 杀一儆百, which is just totally uncalled for. I get that none of the admins actually read the B6 threads since it's regarding a product geared towards the budget conscious community. I'm not saying that it's anything to do with elite JH Layla level IEMs vs Budget Havi B6, but in all honesty I do not think a thread regarding a darling product would have been so effortlessly shut down if similar dissenting posts had occurred in it. The B6 might mean nothing in the eyes of elite audiophiles, but it means a lot to many of us.

+1000
whoever locks the thread should have the decency to post the reason as the last post.
Very sad that there is no procedure established or followed in these cases.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #14,830 of 35,472

+1000
whoever locks the thread should have the decency to post the reason as the last post.

For those that missed it, the B6 thread....

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #14,831 of 35,472

+1000

I agree, the ATH-R70x thread recently, got locked for a while without any warning and reason beforehand too. People seem to be completely fine with it and I personally don't care, but it still makes wonder the deal here is.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #14,832 of 35,472

For those that missed it, the B6 thread....

It's all a marketing scheme I tell you, look how much attention the b6 got now
biggrin.gif

simply geniuses!

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #14,833 of 35,472
It's all a marketing scheme I tell you, look how much attention the b6 got now:D  

simply geniuses!

Idea is as crazy as the pitcure on the abowe :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #14,834 of 35,472
I'm not too sure of the rules and policies here, and whilst I don't know the appropriate channel for me to express my sentiments, I think it's best that information be as transparent as possible, and hence my posting in this thread. If any administrators actually bother to read this or venture into this thread, then please enlighten me as to why the Havi B6 thread was locked.

I can understand that there are certain posters who are unable to refrain from certain types of posts. That is not an issue for contention. But that still doesn't warrant

1) Closing down a thread without any fair warning
2) Not taking into account that the thread had already steered away from the nasty posts that had earlier surfaced
3) Disregarding the efforts of the thread creator, who painstakingly spent time and effort to provide useful information to a product that is set for launch
4) Closing down a thread for an occurrence which has plagued other threads before. I don't see the same infringement being applied in those cases.

It's actually less of why the B6 thread was shut down, but more of why other alternatives weren't pursued. A better solution would have simply been to personally warn those who were guilty of unconstructive behaviour, clean up the thread of the unwanted mess, and then allowed it to carry on as per normal. That way, the 99% of innocent people would still have been able to read and update the thread with useful information of a highly anticipated product (the very purpose of Head-fi?)

Instead, just shutting it down completely, silently and abruptly just reeks of [COLOR=660099]杀一儆百[/COLOR], which is just totally uncalled for. I get that none of the admins actually read the B6 threads since it's regarding a product geared towards the budget conscious community. I'm not saying that it's anything to do with elite JH Layla level IEMs vs Budget Havi B6, but in all honesty I do not think a thread regarding a darling product would have been so effortlessly shut down if similar dissenting posts had occurred in it. The B6 might mean nothing in the eyes of elite audiophiles, but it means a lot to many of us.

+1
Very sensible post.

I've beem moderator on multiple forums, and usually policies direct us to warn the troublemakers, and ban in severe cases.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #14,835 of 35,472
I think going off topic for too long with no real discussion actually pertaining the thread's topic is one of the reason. I'm certainly a bit annoyed with having the thread bumped, got excited while clicking it, and left disappointed when it's just another stream of 10 meme pictures, and this happen daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back