Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #13,351 of 35,472
...I believe there are many more out there to discover. As China is the country to produce the largest speakers drivers as much as in ear drivers on the world. I am not lying to you, but some of my baby girl toys has some awesome speakers inside it....and for toys.....I was like....what da hack ?

On the KZ site they claim the drivers are from Japan (and Germany). That may or may not be true. Do you know for a fact that these high quality, low cost dynamic drivers are manufactured in China? Not that it really matters, just curious.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #13,352 of 35,472
On the KZ site they claim the drivers are from Japan (and Germany). That may or may not be true. Do you know for a fact that these high quality, low cost dynamic drivers are manufactured in China? Not that it really matters, just curious.

They may very well source drivers from Japan or Germany, but I can guarantee you it's not high end/high quality drivers. They might even be getting old drivers from Sony or Sennheiser on the cheap, but selling them for the average of $6.00-15.00, the cost of the drivers themselves are going to be in the cents to maybe the dollar? This pretty much guarantees you are getting a low cost/lower quality driver. Even the SoundSOUL S-018 originally sold for $40-50 on release.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #13,354 of 35,472

Not the fact that I know, just assuming as I lived in Vietnam for a while, and these China made drivers were cheap and everywhere in electronic market.

I assumed these good speakers in my daughter toys were China made due to the toys was made in china. :D

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #13,355 of 35,472
You know why there is hidden gems among the mud ?

Pure luck
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just look at the huge number of IEMs for sale on tabao or aliexpress, not to mention the more conventional channels. Designers just keep trying different combinations of drivers and housings, and every now and then they chance upon something that works well. It's evolution at work.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #13,357 of 35,472
Very nice, balanced review. For the price you can't to wrong! Also check out the KZ thread. There are some comparable IEM's for the same price. BUT you have to wait 3-5 weeks for delivery from China to the US. Like Soundsoul - there are very fine KZ and also mediocre, independent of price.

Thanks for the props, I tried my best with the reviews.

I'll have to check out the KZ, I also just ordered the VJJB K1. Too many good budget Chinese earphones lately!

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #13,359 of 35,472
It's all in the skills and dedication of the audio technician tuning the driver. A really good tech can make a low cost/low quality driver (aka most KZ models) sound good or decent. A great tech can also take a really good driver, like the one found in the S-018, and make it sound like a "giant", punching way above its price. Look at the positive reviews for the auglamours! Those are basically college audio tech students tuning what I believe would be very low cost drivers, but the dedication and time they took to tune them, produced a very solid product. Can you imagine what kind of sound they could get from a high quality/high cost titanium, beryllium, or bio cell/liquid polymer driver??

It's all about the care and love one puts into tuning. i.e. Zero Audio/SoundSOUL S-018 ect.

Very nicely explained. I agree with this totally.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #13,360 of 35,472
All KZs are worse than SS 018?

So far i've not heard any KZ that's up to the technical proficiency, clarity, balance, and bass response of the S-018. There were a couple that came close (KZEDSE/GR), but no, not really.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #13,361 of 35,472
Thanks for the props, I tried my best with the reviews.

I'll have to check out the KZ, I also just ordered the VJJB K1. Too many good budget Chinese earphones lately!

I hear you! I'd pick up a VJJB K1 and SoundSOUL S-018 but I'm getting maxed out with low cost IEM's. Also awaiting for T2 reviews from trusted forum members...

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #13,362 of 35,472
http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-VJJB-Enhanced-Headphone-Smartphones/dp/B00PRMAUM4

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #13,363 of 35,472
So far i've not heard any KZ that's up to the technical proficiency, clarity, balance, and bass response of the S-018. There were a couple that came close (KZEDSE/GR), but no, not really.

Please stop it. You know I'm going to have to buy one now. And then will have to have listening test to compare to my T1, GR07,  KZ EDSE ED8 (in transit), DT3, KZ R1 (in transit), etc etc...
This is becoming a black hole for time 
tongue_smile.gif
!

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #13,364 of 35,472
Please stop it. You know I'm going to have to buy one now. And then will have to have listening test to compare to my T1, GR07,  KZ EDSE ED8 (in transit), DT3, KZ R1 (in transit), etc etc...
This is becoming a black hole for time :tongue_smile: !

No....it is true. In fact I do believe the S-018 is so extraordinary. I like it more than IM70.... I hope it means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back