Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #13,309 of 35,472
By organic I think you mean the smoothness of some earphones. I think the only inherent weaknesses of the S-018 are they aren't smooth. They also lack airiness and 3D imaging. But aside from those small qualms, they do just as you said. That's exactly how I hear them. Good to read someone post a spot on description of how I hear the S-018.

Is your IEM sig in order of what you like most to least?

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #13,310 of 35,472

Two different sound sigs/designs, wouldn't that make it easier to choose?  DuoZA getting a lot of hype in Discovery thread.  I'm pretty sure it kills A71, now wondering how it stacks up against other dd heavy hitters like FX850 and CKR10.  T2 on the other hand, might be the first quality budget 3-way hybrid.

They are saying that it doesn't quite get up to the FX850 nor CKR series, but amazing price to performance ratio; nothing better at under $150.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #13,311 of 35,472
Is your IEM sig in order of what you like most to least?

To a point. I think that the GR07BE = SoundSOUL S-018, due to the sibilance issue and the better bass response on the S-018, though the GR07BE are airier, more lush, and smoother, but I will go to war with anyone who tries to tell me the GR07 has better detail retrieval and instrument separation than the S-018, due to price or some preconceived notion of superiority, because in a A/B, I hear just as much detail being shot forth from the S-018 as the GR07, but there's hardly a hint of sibilance from the SoundSOUL, where the GR07 has terribly hot upper mids/lower high peaks, unless you use Comply's. To me this makes it equal. After that, it's the Tenore, UE 700, Sony Ex300, and then Sony C10B. I used the Sony C10B last night on my A15 for a hour of listening, and the lack of bottom end was so unfulfilling. Especially when I put my FX750 back in. It was a silly difference lol

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #13,312 of 35,472
So @RedJohn456 finally gets to ride the S-018 train! I just hope once he gets them, he'll love them as much as I do, and think the wait was worth it?

~~cheers~~ to a new IEM

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #13,316 of 35,472
"Can anyone read Chinese here and care to tell me more about astrotec am600 ? Look like it is also a hybrid dynamic and balanced amature headphones ? Thank you"

AM600 is a 9mm dynamic budget model >$50.

They have a newer model...http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/astrotec-gx-50-hifi-in-ear-supra-aural-earphones-headphones.html

Looks pretty but also not a hybrid based on that. They do have the two hybrids but those Astrotec hybrids are kinda old now. Obviously paying a bit more for a T2 is the way to go then buying the old AX's which were not even too well regarded back when they were amongst the only budget hybrids.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #13,318 of 35,472
Regardless its always exciting to get a new headphone so I am excited as is :D  Thanks HouseofDoom for hooking a brotha up!

You're welcome. It's my pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back