Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #10,550 of 35,472
Ahem, excuse me, but they copied V-Modas design outright. It isn't just the case of sharing the same housing. If this was a company in the US, they would be slammed with a copyright claim.

Good thing they're chinese! But imo as long as they don't say "vmoda m100" on them they're not fakes.

And welcome back to the land of the living Wokei!

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #10,552 of 35,472
thanks, but already got it. :D yeah I know... I'll give it to my brother or something if I don't like it...
Avoid fakes, and don't give fake products to your friends and family. You have no idea what toxic chemicals were used in making illegal products, and what type of illegal activity you're supporting by not reporting them and getting your money back.

Nov 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #10,554 of 35,472
Avoid fakes, and don't give fake products to your friends and family. You have no idea what toxic chemicals were used in making illegal products, and what type of illegal activity you're supporting by not reporting them and getting your money back.

Yes but I'm not sure if it is fake or real unless I get it, right? :D I'll get my money back if they turn out to be fakes...

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #10,555 of 35,472
Ahem, excuse me, but they copied V-Modas design outright. It isn't just the case of sharing the same housing. If this was a company in the US, they would be slammed with a copyright claim.

It's similar, but not the same. Several differences if you look close enough.

Copyright is also the wrong issue you're worried about. It would be a Patent law issue. Please don't confuse the two. They are not using the V-Moda name or logo, which would be a copyright infringement.

Since headphones don't have a utility patent that I know of (highly enforceable, and only one company would be able to make the headphones unless licensed), it would come down to a design patent issue, and design patents are somewhat worthless. We're not Patent lawyers, so its best not to get into that.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #10,556 of 35,472
Oh come on. V-Moda could have sold the design rights to KZ. A simple rebrand. How many companies rebrand the housing of the Sennheiser CX 300 IEMs? Tons! Then there's the IEMs I bought from this start up that essentially were rebranded Spark ID. REBRAND are not fakes.

Brainwavz B2 are nothing more than rebranded FA DBA02. You think Brainwavz is gonna risk a lawsuit because they used the exact same housing as Fischer Audio?

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #10,557 of 35,472
Oh come on. V-Moda could have sold the design rights to KZ. A simple rebrand. How many companies rebrand the housing of the Sennheiser CX 300 IEMs? Tons! Then there's the IEMs I bought from this start up that essentially were rebranded Spark ID. REBRAND are not fakes.

Brainwavz B2 are nothing more than rebranded FA DBA02. You think Brainwavz is gonna risk a lawsuit because they used the exact same housing as Fischer Audio?

That's a bit different. I'm sure each are under license from the OEM (the asian factory). The lawsuits would occur if Brainwavz used the Fischer logo and material without permission.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #10,558 of 35,472
that's why I'm also refraining from ordering from him...

As for posting aliexpress links in general, I don't agree - there's certain amount of risk in everything. Yes, sure there are lot's of sellers on aliexpress that exist solely to rip people off but there are also some reputable legitimate seller with customer service that rivals any other site/vendor. One needs some basic skills and a bit of brain tissue to differentiate between these two so no,these are not dangerous by themselves - only buyers that are too gulible would fall for these traps. Also as I've made it clear, the seller is new with no reputation, so it's not like I said these are legitimate deals or anything like that...

Lol, got this message from aliexpress about that seller:

You order is currently frozen, due to the sellers suspicious trading activities.
We have suspended this seller’s account because we have detected unsafe trading activities. We have therefore requested the seller to provide sufficient evidence, such as shipping documents and certificates which they must provide within 3 business days (not calendar days).
If the seller fails to provide any evidence within 3 business days, we will issue you with a full refund. In the event the seller does provide evidence, it could take about 15 business days for the case to be resolved.
We apologize for this inconvenience. At AliExpress, we are committed and always taking steps in improving our customers shopping experience and to the protection of both the buyer’s and seller’s interests.
Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade  Security Department
2014.11.11 06:34

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #10,560 of 35,472
That's a bit different. I'm sure each are under license from the OEM (the asian factory). The lawsuits would occur if Brainwavz used the Fischer logo and material without permission.

I agree. That's what I was stating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back