Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #10,561 of 35,472

Lol, got this message from aliexpress about that seller:

You order is currently frozen, due to the sellers suspicious trading activities.
We have suspended this seller’s account because we have detected unsafe trading activities. We have therefore requested the seller to provide sufficient evidence, such as shipping documents and certificates which they must provide within 3 business days (not calendar days).
If the seller fails to provide any evidence within 3 business days, we will issue you with a full refund. In the event the seller does provide evidence, it could take about 15 business days for the case to be resolved.
We apologize for this inconvenience. At AliExpress, we are committed and always taking steps in improving our customers shopping experience and to the protection of both the buyer’s and seller’s interests.
Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
AliExpress Trade  Security Department
2014.11.11 06:34

Nice. at least we know that aliexpress has some security and it actually works... dealing with fishy sellers though is still on the buyer...

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #10,562 of 35,472
Are there any olive shaped tips with wide bore?

Comply TSX-400, 500, ect...absolutely awesome. I currently have the 400 on my GR07BE.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/tsx-400/

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #10,564 of 35,472
China factory is world's factory. Many good IEM. But you can not pick the nice one from thousands goods.

Yeah since VSonic, Havi, and TTPOD are the only companies producing audiophile caliber IEMs nowadays. Ok Fidue too, but those are really spendy.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #10,565 of 35,472
Yeah since VSonic, Havi, and TTPOD are the only companies producing audiophile caliber IEMs nowadays. Ok Fidue too, but those are really spendy.

I'd nominate Ostry also.  I think their offerings are excellent!

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #10,566 of 35,472
Which IEM do you think has the best design and comfort including all brands?
My vote goes to PFE 11X.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #10,568 of 35,472
Yeah baby....gotta take it slow..me on medication... haha

LONG LIVE KZ

That's what addiction to headphones does to you
biggrin.gif

But seriously, hope you are ok and welcome back!!!

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #10,572 of 35,472
Alright, here is my review of HZSound HZ-EP001 headphones, available @ http://penonaudio.com/HZSOUND-HZ-EP001

Actually, the full write up is posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-hzsound-hz-ep001-ear-headphones-t2936440 while I'm just going to paste below my sound impression (after 12hrs of burn in) and eye-candy pics.

------------------------

HZ-EP001 are warm, smooth, and have a little v-shaped sound signature.  Low end extends down to a moderate level of sub-bass with a punchy mid-bass which spills a bit into lower mids, though it doesn't make it bloated but rather adds thickness to a full body sound.  Mids are smooth and warm, a bit recessed but still clear.  Treble is also smooth with some roll off.  Their lack of brightness makes sound less detailed but it still has enough clarity.  Soundstage has an average width/depth.  Also, I found it to sound good with any source, and amping was not necessary.

Everything from a design and a build quality to an included headphone case has a premium feel above its sub $25 price. Sound signature is not necessary suited for a detailed analytical listening, but has a nice warm, smooth, full body fun sound with a decent amount of bass that works great with EDM, pop, and rock music.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #10,573 of 35,472
Beautiful pictures and write-up as always @twister6. It may sound silly but are they nearly as good as IM50? How are the vocals on them? I just loved the look of  HZ-EP001.

For their lack of brightness you can remove the filters anytime lol 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #10,574 of 35,472
  Beautiful pictures and write-up as always @twister6. It may sound silly but are they nearly as good as IM50? How are the vocals on them? I just loved the look of  HZ-EP001.

For their lack of brightness you can remove the filters anytime lol 
biggrin.gif

Indeed, they look very good and have a very comfortable (at least for my taste) fitment.  As others pointed out, reminds you of DITA Answer.  I know, that filter is looking right at ya asking to be removed!!!  I might have to try it out removing it tonight, though my wife already claimed these so she can get it before my kids lol!!!

But even with filter removal, I don't think they are going to match the refinement of IM50 and its vocal delivery, ATH set a very high standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back