Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,886 of 35,472

Great first post! Thanks.

Could you elaborate a bit on the subbass and compare it to the vsd1s/piston?
I'm talking about the sweet glory of sound, send from the gods themselves; j-bass subbass rumble.
I found it severely lacking in the vsd1s and overshadowed by the mid bass of the Piston. How much in quantity does the xe800 have?

VSD1s doesn't extend as well and most of the subbass that i get from it is from bass drums rather basses, The pistons sound slower than the xe800s and the decay smooths out the rumble. So the xe800s sound more textured, and they don't get overwhelmed by midbass like the pistons.
Though that doesn't mean that the j-bass can touch the subbass of a wal bass.
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #6,887 of 35,472

That was fast
redface.gif
I'll share my impressions asap.

I see some resemblance to SoundMagic P21 (also GREAT on-ear headphones, but $45-$50 price tag):

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #6,894 of 35,472
  Can anyone recommend a decent DAC for speakers? My friend has a budget of $100-$200. 

My speakers (rokit 8) had really bad distortion and I needed a way to fix it. The cheapest way i could fix the distortion was with dual XLR out. I fond xda-2 to be the cheapest way. It's really touchy. The tech support is terrible and you have to turn it on after windows boots up to have it work. Despite all of this its a really good dac for speakers purely because of its dual XLR out. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #6,895 of 35,472
I got the TTPOD T1-E in today, and yeah, its pretty awesome for $35 at dxsoul.

It has a nice meaty bass to it (which sounds even better with bass boost), and it adds crunch to guitars. Its also clearer than many $50+ iems, and I feel this is the next step after the Xiaomi Pistons at only $10 more.

Its definitely not neutral, but instead "energetic", "musical", "boosted", etc etc. This is within 15 minutes of listening too.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #6,897 of 35,472
I got the TTPOD T1-E in today, and yeah, its pretty awesome for $35 at dxsoul.

It has a nice meaty bass to it (which sounds even better with bass boost), and it adds crunch to guitars. Its also clearer than many $50+ iems, and I feel this is the next step after the Xiaomi Pistons at only $10 more.

Its definitely not neutral, but instead "energetic", "musical", "boosted", etc etc. This is within 15 minutes of listening too.

They remind me of the Velodyne VPulse/Don Scorpio Bass Colour quite a bit, with better mids.

I take that back. Just a/bed them and the T1E is better and clearer in every way.

Remember, the VPulse was $80+ for years, and the T1-E beats it handily.

Reading these two posts is making me luff out loud...sinisterly...don't know why...just happen naturally..I'm on a roll for my few last purchases...NX1...Havi...TTPOD...Vivo

...and I can guarantee I'll be doin me dance to celebrate fo sho'

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #6,899 of 35,472
The second I put the t1e in my ears I knew it would be a hit. I hope you guys don't think I was over hyping them. It's great to read that you guys are hearing it and getting the similar results/impressions.

Cheers.

I've become a fan of flat signatures, so naturally I thought the original T1 would be better for me. While the T1 is balanced pretty well, its just not as clear as the T1E, and the T1E bass is way more appealing.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #6,900 of 35,472
I've become a fan of flat signatures, so naturally I thought the original T1 would be better for me. While the T1 is balanced pretty well, its just not as clear as the T1E, and the T1E bass is way more appealing.
Ya, I think people have to hear them to understand the "audiophile basshead iem" term associated with them. The bass is so high quality in speed and tone that one can't help enjoy it, even those who prefer a flat signature can't deny how well the low end presentation is on these t1E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back