Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3,753 of 35,472
  Any news on the SMSL M2 DAC?

It has become the new replacement over the HifimeDIY dac as a cheap but effective stepping stone into DACs.

With the HifimeDIY U2 at ~$57 without an amp, this is a much better value at ~$62 with a 130mW amp. It seems a little bright at times, but I haven't run it much.

As far as power goes, it can power the Havi, so it passes that test.

It works on my Nexus 5, but its buggy. It'll play one track, then freeze afterwards. Happens every time. Since that is the main reason I bought it, it is kind of disappointing unless UAPP (or smsl) can fix it.

This doesn't beat my GO 1000, but it is a nice value setup.

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #3,754 of 35,472
  It has become the new replacement over the HifimeDIY dac as a cheap but effective stepping stone into DACs.

With the HifimeDIY U2 at ~$57 without an amp, this is a much better value at ~$62 with a 130mW amp. It seems a little bright at times, but I haven't run it much.

As far as power goes, it can power the Havi, so it passes that test.

It works on my Nexus 5, but its buggy. It'll play one track, then freeze afterwards. Happens every time. Since that is the main reason I bought it, it is kind of disappointing unless UAPP (or smsl) can fix it.

This doesn't beat my GO 1000, but it is a nice value setup.

xD it's a fraction of the cost of the GeekOut 1000. I also really prefer the form factor of the M2 over the thumb stick type. The M2 does win over the HiFimeDIY U2 by a pretty large margin by coming with it's own amp. It's also nicer to look at. 

Also, does any know the difference between the SA9023 and the ES9023 DACs? Can't find anything.

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #3,755 of 35,472
xD it's a fraction of the cost of the GeekOut 1000. I also really prefer the form factor of the M2 over the thumb stick type. The M2 does win over the HiFimeDIY U2 by a pretty large margin by coming with it's own amp. It's also nicer to look at. 

Also, does any know the difference between the SA9023 and the ES9023 DACs? Can't find anything.

SA9027 is the USB chip. Both the hifimeDIY and M2 use the same in that regard. The M2 adds the Max amp.

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3,756 of 35,472
SA9027 is the USB chip. Both the hifimeDIY and M2 use the same in that regard. The M2 adds the Max amp.

Oh yeah got yah! The SA9023 is the USB IC and the ES9023 is the DAC IC. 

Thanks for that.

So they're pretty much Identical in architecture except for the amp. Interesting.

Anyway. Has anyone who has ordered this recieved them yet?

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,759 of 35,472
Hey guys,

KC06A or Havi B3 Pro I? Also, what does the KC06A improve upon its predecessor?
Thanks.
From what I've read, the kc06a is more v signatured than the original with deeper bass and more spiked treble.

I ordered a pair simply because I want to see the difference is between the new one and original. I'm very happy with the original, and feel it has plenty of bass in quiet environments (isolation is not the best)

If you have a good amp get the b3 pro I.

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #3,760 of 35,472
From what I've read, the kc06a is more v signatured than the original with deeper bass and more spiked treble.

I ordered a pair simply because I want to see the difference is between the new one and original. I'm very happy with the original, and feel it has plenty of bass in quiet environments (isolation is not the best)

If you have a good amp get the b3 pro I.

So, does the original KC06 have a more neutral frequency response? I would really like a pair with a flat, smooth frequency response for recording.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,762 of 35,472
So, does the original KC06 have a more neutral frequency response? I would really like a pair with a flat, smooth frequency response for recording.
go with the havi if you want flat. Just make sure that you're driving it properly.

The original kc06 is flatter and more neutral than most budget IEMs, however, the b3 is about as flat and neutral as their is, and is an amazing iem if driven right.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #3,764 of 35,472
go with the havi if you want flat. Just make sure that you're driving it properly.

The original kc06 is flatter and more neutral than most budget IEMs, however, the b3 is about as flat and neutral as their is, and is an amazing iem if driven right.

Huh. Well, I don't have an amp, so the B3s might be a more expensive purchase than it is.

Have you heard the Dolphins? I'd really like to know how they perform in detail retrieval and soundstage.
Thanks for all the help so far!

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #3,765 of 35,472
Huh. Well, I don't have an amp, so the B3s might be a more expensive purchase than it is.

Have you heard the Dolphins? I'd really like to know how they perform in detail retrieval and soundstage.
Thanks for all the help so far!
I'm not a big fan of cans, more of any iem guy. I love the sound of my m50s mh-839 but they make my ears sweat. This would be a good question for others, as I've never heard the Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back