Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #3,706 of 35,472
Jun 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #3,708 of 35,472
  I was waiting for the Oneplus One, but that Vivo phone has even better specs, a ESS9018K2M, a 2K screen, comes with those XE800 headphones, AND can actually be purchased now. Wow.

Oh, if only AT&T had a better reception where I live, I would have dropped Verizon to get rid off CDMA sim so I can jumped on GSM sim bandwagon to enjoy all these cool phones :wink:  Didn't know XE800 comes free with a phone...

I really like the looks of this XE800 and the fact it could be worn comfortably with wire up or wire down.  My only concern is the adjustable nozzle; I wasn't too crazy how it was implemented in ATH-CKX7 (too loose).  Hopefully in this VSonic version it has a better design.

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #3,710 of 35,472
  Wow, who are these guys? Did you see their phone? It has an ES9018 in it!!!!

I have TCL IDol X plus and it also has ES9018 and some maxim amplifier (not sure which one). I actually like the sound of it more than my DX50. only thing is, it has 16 gigs of memory and no option for expansion (as does the vivo, albeit it has 32 gigs)

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,711 of 35,472
From what I've been gathering it's the same driver size, but not the same driver. Whatever, the XBA-H3 don't sound anything like the EX1000 imo.
I was under the impression these had the same driver as the ex1000 based on my reading from an h3 thread on head fi. My mistake

I love the way the h3 has such powerful bass, and still the mids and treble come through very clear without being overly bright or sibilant.

Would you care to share the differences in sound between the h3 and ex1000? I understand they are different technology, just curious as to the difference in signatures.

Thanks

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #3,712 of 35,472

I have TCL IDol X plus and it also has ES9018 and some maxim amplifier (not sure which one). I actually like the sound of it more than my DX50. only thing is, it has 16 gigs of memory and no option for expansion (as does the vivo, albeit it has 32 gigs)

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/m3r.html

If the phone does USB OTG, this will work. I have one and it works great.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,714 of 35,472
  https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/st/p/m3r.html

If the phone does USB OTG, this will work. I have one and it works great.

Even cheaper solution for $7 only, though a bit longer than Meenova.  I reviewed it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2770705

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,715 of 35,472
only problem with that kind of solution is excess stress on usb port. my phones 3.5mm jack is at the top, while the usb port is on the bottom. it would be hard to put it in pocket without damaging one of them imo...

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #3,716 of 35,472
  only problem with that kind of solution is excess stress on usb port. my phones 3.5mm jack is at the top, while the usb port is on the bottom. it would be hard to put it in pocket without damaging one of them imo...

True.  Just get Sandisk 128GB microSD ($99 on Amazon now) and you are all set, as long as your phone has expandable memory since I'm talking from Galaxy perspective :)

For me personally, I'm not too crazy about sound quality of Note 2, and instead of using my OTG usb DACs (either E18 or A200p), I just go for dedicated DAP which is AP100 at the current moment.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #3,717 of 35,472

True.  Just get Sandisk 128GB microSD ($99 on Amazon now) and you are all set, as long as your phone has expandable memory since I'm talking from Galaxy perspective :)

For me personally, I'm not too crazy about sound quality of Note 2, and instead of using my OTG usb DACs (either E18 or A200p), I just go for dedicated DAP which is AP100 at the current moment.

no it doesn't, or I'd really get 128 gig card and use my phone as main rig, well, except for when I neeed line out in my car. I'm much more comfortable tossing around the DX50 with its rugged (and already battle worn :D ) full metal shell...

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #3,718 of 35,472
I love the way the h3 has such powerful bass, and still the mids and treble come through very clear without being overly bright or sibilant.

Would you care to share the differences in sound between the h3 and ex1000? I understand they are different technology, just curious as to the difference in signatures.

Thanks

Agreed, it's probably one of the H3's biggest assets, that it will satisfy any basshead and still sound amazingly clear and detailed throughout the mids and treble.

The EX1000 have much more linear and tighter bass, which bassheads will probably find thin and lacking in comparison to the H3. Treble is more pronounced and livelier, but some folks may find it harsher and more fatiguing than the H3's. One of the most significant differences is timbre, the EX1000 being single full-range dynamic driver based, whereas on the H3 mids and treble are dominated by armatures, which make their timbre more similar to the X3/X30 than the EX1000.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #3,719 of 35,472
My BigBarginOnline order arrived today.
New toys:
Vsonic GR07 Classic Silver
Vsonic VSD1 LE
Dunu C-60 II 

Quick first impressions -

Loving the GR07 Classic.
Not sure about the VSD1 LE,  SQ and fit.
Surprised by the Dunu C-60 II.  I like using clip ons. I have Koss KSC 75, KSC 35 & Yuin G1.  These "two dynamic drivers earphones" made a good first impression.

The Havi B3 Pro 1 are still holding their own and the HiFiMan RE 400 are still hit (sometimes big time) and miss.

For a guy that did not like IEMs all of a sudden I am in deep.

Now some run time, then more listening and all are going on a trip with me.

Thanks,
R

PS: Vsonic GR07 Bass and free Vsonic UU2 are on the way.

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #3,720 of 35,472
  My BigBarginOnline order arrived today.
New toys:
Vsonic GR07 Classic Silver
Vsonic VSD1 LE
Dunu C-60 II 

Quick first impressions -

Loving the GR07 Classic.
Not sure about the VSD1 LE,  SQ and fit.
Surprised by the Dunu C-60 II.  I like using clip ons. I have Koss KSC 75, KSC 35 & Yuin G1.  These "two dynamic drivers earphones" made a good first impression.

The Havi B3 Pro 1 are still holding their own and the HiFiMan RE 400 are still hit (sometimes big time) and miss.

For a guy that did not like IEMs all of a sudden I am in deep.

Now some run time, then more listening and all are going on a trip with me.

Thanks,
R

PS: Vsonic GR07 Bass and free Vsonic UU2 are on the way.

would like to hear some comparisons between ksc75 and those dunus... I got my Ksc75 three days ago and absolutely love them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back