Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #33,947 of 35,472
Hey guys, a long time lurker here... decided to hop in the **** 4in1 hype train and ordered a pair.

Till now I have owned only KZ ATE, Piston 3 and an old pair of Shure (SE115). Definitely expecting some nice things from the 4in1.

Now the questions:

I've read that most people got the best out of their IEMs by burning them. Can someone please enlighten a noob like me how exactly should the burn-in be done? I tried to do a search about that topic, but didn't seem to find the right answer. Is it enough to just use them for some period of time, or it's faster to just use one of those "burn-in your headphones" videos in youtube and just leave them playing to those during the night? And how long should the burn-in for the **** 4in1 be (cause I've read that people suggest different burni-in times for different IEMs).

And another one - will the original cable (black one) and the original tips be enough, or I should buy separate ones? In general I do love the foam tips and have ordered some for the Pistons from here (size T200), but don't know if they'll match the **** and if it's even a good idea to use them instead of the original ones. I don't have a separate DAC so I'll be using them with my HTC One M8 and my Dell Laptop.

Thank you in advance !

Download the JLab free burn in test. Mix it up with some real music, I use Drum and Breaks station on Spotify. Try to shoot for at least 150 hrs. Some people like to take break for hours at a time, I have so many different IEMs and don't listen all that much so I don't worry about it

As for tips, in the USA you can get Auvio tips off EBay and Amazon. Trinity Audio sells Kombi tips for cheap, they ship internationally. They are silicone with a foam underneath for solid isolation and comfort without the hassle of straight foam

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #33,950 of 35,472
Any information, comparison or recommendation for Ostry KC06/KC06A and TFZ series 1s?

TFZ 1s vs Ostry KC06A - short comparison:
  1.  TFZ has much, much more bass. What kind of bass? All of it. Considerably more mid-bass and upper bass in particular. Similar depth I think. Ostry perceptually more controlled due to less quantity. TFZ quality surprising for the quantity, though. 
  2. TFZ more lower/middle mids, Ostry more upper mids/lower treble transition. Ostry brighter, more exciting sound in that regard, good with rock. TFZ vocal range a little fuller and rather clear, well separated from the bass. 
  3. TFZ considerably less treble, but seems to extend pretty well, just quietly. Ostry again, much brighter. 
  4. Timbre wise, I'd actually pick the TFZ IF you EQ down the upper and a little mid bass, and boost the treble - I think its rather nice treble and its a pity its so recessed by default. Ostry has an engaging mid range and nice bass but is a little thin in the treble. 
  5. Ostry fit is very shallow, not a fan of this and I have struggled to find ideal tips, currently using ML spiral dots but comfort is still not great. Cable is annoyingly springy; needs earguides to not be a pain for over-ear wear. TFZ shell is not small and is over-ear only, but the newer ('s' version) cable is nice and well behaved. Fits me very well with varying tips - using spinfits as for me they tend to reduce upper bass and increase lower treble some, ideal in this case. 

Ultimately for me, I quite like the Ostry and try to give it some listening time, but not enough to put up with the fit for long. I like the TFZ enough to pick it sometimes over objectively better gear, just for a change. Buuuut, I have found I don't have an affinity for any sound signature in particular and these are quite different sounding, your taste should inform your decision more than my preference.  

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #33,952 of 35,472
Just got a brief listen to the **** 4in1 which i just received. Initial impressions, they're straight off very different to its sibling the **** UEs. The 4in1 boast a very V shape sound signature to me, bass dives deeper with more amount of bass than the UEs and a recessed midrange as opposed to UEs which sounds more forward in its midrange in comparison. The 4in1 surprisingly sound so much brighter than UEs even though they share the same BA so i believe there's some tuning involved there. The 4in1 kinda reminds me of the HLSX-808 sound signature which is V shape sound signature but with even more clarity and detail whereas the UEs is actually more balance in its overall sound presentation which gives a more natural and less fatiguing listening for me. The brighter 4in1 seems to bring out slightly more detail as compared to UEs though. It depends which kind sound signature you prefer but to me i prefer the UEs more. I've never heard of anything double or triple the price of 4in1 but it can never beat my unnamed IEM and i will pick the Vyrus over it anytime by topping up just a little more in my budget. Of course these are just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #33,954 of 35,472
Just got my AK custom 3+1 will be reporting after try out :D
Unexpected shipped with EMS to SG less than a week :D
A4969DCA-6577-4399-8323-97EFAF94CCFA_zpsrms13rnz.jpg

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #33,957 of 35,472
@ajaxender thanks for the reply dude. Considering I usually listen to the billboard 100’s ,edm and some acoustic music which do you think would be better for me?

I have to couch this with - I can't (and won't) say what will be better for you. 
I can say that I think the TFZ would be equal or better for me for those genres - bass for EDM, well presented vocals for pop, and nice timbre for acoustic - and given the considerably lower price and most-likely easier fit, I think it is a safer choice. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back