Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #33,751 of 35,472
Can't trust this banned one since the M2 :rolleyes:

D2 lol... Listening to them right now with Trinity Audio Kombi tips via my X3ii and HA2.

Anyways back on topic...

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #33,756 of 35,472
Here's a good impression of the 4 in 1's from a friend of mine who isn't on Head-Fi:

[COLOR=222222]"So the hype surrounding the **** 4in1 is accurate. Got them a few hours ago, and they **** all over the LZ-A2, LZ-A3s, and (name redacted). To me, and this is my opinion, they hang around with the Pinnacle P1, but they beat the P1 in timbre and bass presence. P1 wins in soundstage, but they have better ss than either LZ IEM's and the E80. Some folks said it lacks imaging, but that's just not accurate. It has solid imaging. Not great, but most definitely above average. It's the timbre and the treble though. Very natural, and weighty without sibilance. That was the issue with the (name redacted). Weighty timbre, but hot treble. The sharpness ruining the 3D imaging and massive soundstage. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]These play in the same ball park as the DUNU DN-1000. Not the DN-2000J or the A83. The A83 murders the 4in1, but again is quite similar in details and SS to the Fidue A73. Bass depth and mid bass bump almost identical. The difference being the 4in1 is more airy and brighter than the A73, which has a darker tuning with less extended highs. That's not to say the highs of the 4in1 are strident. They are not. They are just shy of early roll off, so presenting nice natural timbre without sharpness. Now remember these are impression OOTB. Burn in in progress! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]If I were you, I'd invest the $25 it would cost you to buy a pair, because they are without a doubt the best budget earphones on the market. Let's say the best between $5 and $60. They are King."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]So yes, I'm intrigued. [/COLOR]

Your friend nailed it imo. Very well put.

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #33,758 of 35,472
  seems pretty strict to just close 33000 post thread simply because a new user did not know about the ban. They don't tell us when we sign up

Not close the thread, but lock it temporarily. They've done it before. But I agree with you. I'd never have known about the ban if I was told by @B9Scrambler.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #33,761 of 35,472
Sep 2, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #33,762 of 35,472
What company are the drivers?

Knowles. They make some of the best BAs around. However, in order to get 6 Blananced Armature drivers to work together, not just at the same time, it takes a lot of technical skill.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #33,763 of 35,472
Hi all, I also jumped into the hype of the **** 4in1.

First of all I was looking for a new set of IEM's. I use at the moment 2 IEM's:

1. Bose Triport IE
[img=600,450]https://www.bose.com/images/home_entertainment/products/p_triportie_l_b.jpg[/img]
2. Shure E4c
[img=300,300]http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a0/300x300px-LS-a006781f_B000E5EF70-41jWvcfwNbL.jpg[/img]

The Bose Triport I liked because of the fitting in my ear and the bass response. But it lacked in high and mid for me. Because of that the sounbdstage became to flat/booming, nice for soms bass heavy music but not when you also listen to piano music of vocals. So I bought a few years ago another pair of IEM's. This where the Shure E4c's. I used them a lot, unfortantly the left in-ear died and I didn't want to repair it.

So I started a new search on IEM's. The usual suspect was a new set of Shure's. But someone on a dutch forum noticed me to look also in to the chinese brands IEM's. And there it all started.

I came across this thread, and read a lot of stories/reviews of you guys. I noticed that there were a lot of people here very excited about the **** 4in1. So i pulled the trigger and ordered also a set of **** 4in1, and as a spare I bought the KZ ATE.

I received them yesterday, and used them on my laptop to get an first impression.

The in-ears are great looking, and what I immediately noticed is the weight of the in-ears. They feel like a tank! Good build quality and a decent weight. I can imagine that when you are using the in-ears for running/sport the weight can be a problem.

In terms of accessories the senfers 4in1 are great.

The package contained:

- In-Ears
- 1 MMCX cable (black)
- extra tips
- Storage case (carbon look)

The sound so far (no burn-in yet). The sound comes with a crisp high but not sharp, a decent mid-range with a wide soundstage and a good bass response. The bass and sub-bass is not that heavy as the Bose Triport IE, but it's there. I noticed that the bass response becomes better when you the tips fully fill your ear.

A little comparison to the Shure E4c, I must admit that the **** 4in1 is very good for his price. I think the **** is even better in producing lower sounds that the Shure E4c. When it comes to sound stage the Shure is bit better.

I need to listen more and more, and also the in-ears need there time. But for some fast listening i'm impressed!

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #33,765 of 35,472
two **** questions:
1. to those who have both the 4in1 and dt2, is there enough of a sonic difference to justify having both? (not that logic plays any part in this pursuit)
2. any further impressions on the vt66, which have been sitting in my shopping cart for awhile?

as a related aside, i've spent more time with the dt2 and they remain the pick of the litter under $100. their tuning and balance, to my ears, is just about perfect. among other budget faves the xe800 has superior treble detail/extension and the bk35/hlsx808 have more energy and lowend, but as an overall package the dt2 are the real mofo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back