Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #30,407 of 35,472

I'm a little confused with this configuration (30017 + 31116 + 31116) × 2 +1 Sennheiser DD (I checked this on hck twitter). If the 31116 BA is for low frequency, and dynamic driver?

There could be maybe crossovers that "split" certain frequencies between them? Dunno, those uber-multi-stuffed chinese IEM`s are kind of mystery to me, in a bad way
rolleyes.gif
 To me, 2BA+1DD setup seems enough if it`s correctly implemented. 5+ BA setups are for me high-end stuff which I would buy rather from known brands with great QC. Latter mentioned Rose seems to be another rising one - hope they don`t F things up like banned IEM mentioned lately.

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #30,408 of 35,472
I think with china crossing the 200 usd mark and fueled with all the hype, im going to move back to west :) when im spending so much, i don't think I'm going to pay for the drivers alone, the tuning, the cross over everything else comes into play as well.

Think of a phone, You can buy the hardware but at the end of the a ****ty software is going to make you cringe.

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #30,411 of 35,472
  Trinity Master4 might be another good choice , pushpull + 2ba. Their previous products had good reviews.

I've (like many else here) got one on order. I'm super curious to see how they hold up against some of the Chinese options in the $200 price range (which I believe is the MRSP for the M4).

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #30,412 of 35,472
I think with china crossing the 200 usd mark and fueled with all the hype, im going to move back to west 

Well...I`m actually suspecting that many "west" products  also use china manufactured DD`s and BA`s... just QC is what it should be and product support/shipping also. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #30,414 of 35,472
  I hear you.

Late last year I took the plunge for a 4 BA at about $100 from Taobao and they were total crap. Can't enjoy them in anyway unfortunately.....

Seller assures me they'll be good after 100 hours....Had 10 on them so far. Well let's find out.

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #30,415 of 35,472
FWIW I've got  a number of two and three driver units IEM's from China as well as one 6 driver. Except from the 4BA one I mentioned a few posts up I've been very satisfied with the rest of them.

I'm really hoping that Trinity will be the Western based brand that manage to put up a fight against all these Asian offerings. It's about time someone does and if they manage to do so I'm sure they'll take a great postition in the market. 

The winners in the end will be us, the customers 
beerchug.gif

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #30,416 of 35,472

I'm really hoping that Trinity will be the Western based brand that manage to put up a fight against all these Asian offerings. It's about time someone does and if they manage to do so I'm sure they'll take a great postition in the market. 

I hope so too. I`ve been looking at their Techne and Master4 many times but been caught up by price of chinese IEM`s. Well, I`m really happy with my HLSX808 RAW-mod though... but since I tasted BA+DD configuration, I don`t want to try only dynamic driver based IEM`s anymore, so, techne is kind of out for me. That leaves me with Master4 but still waiting for impressions on production units by no-review sample users.

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #30,418 of 35,472
Well, my KZ-ZS3 has arrived.  First thing that immediately occurred to me is when connecting the cable, give it a solid push.  I mean, really get in there.  Initially I pushed it to where it felt secure, the amount of pressure I'd use attaching my 2 pin cable to my Mojito, but audio kept cutting out any time the 3.5mm jack rotated due to movement.  Also, it's a fairly microphonic cable, even considering the over-ear configuration.  Comfort-wise, I always hope an IEM will disappear so I don't even feel like I"m wearing something, and with the shell of the IEM that's true, but the nozzle & tips retain a feeling of pressure on the canals, and I'm using the smallest included tip.  Most of my tips that I'd normally try out are either too big or too little, so I'm just going to keep stock tips on for now.  I do not see these being comfortable enough for me for a several hour listening session.

Keep in mind all that's to come is with zero burn in as I just got these in the mail before I headed off to work for the night, so this is that fresh out of the box sound.  Sound-wise, there are here for bass.  I remember for awhile, JVC was the route to go for a $20 bassy IEM, but I think I like this sound more...  although my JVC has been in a box for awhile and we all know how good memory holds up for sound.  It reminds me of the Sony XB500, but with better mids.  As far as those mids are concerned, the vocals aren't bad, but they can and will be overshadowed by bass if it's present.  Detail-wise, I'm not impressed...  it might be roughly middle of the road, but I"m unsure.  It's a fun IEM, but it's by no means analytical.  For orchestrated music some instruments seem to get lost in the background.  The treble sounds fine so far, and I haven't heard anything piercing so far.  I'm by no means treble sensitive, so gear that some have gotten rid of due to high treble I haven't been bothered by.  All in all, so far I'm liking them more than the KZ-ATE and ER2, and I never gave my ED9 a listen as I bought it purely to steal filters for the earphone that can share them.  I should remedy that soon.

As far as the recall goes, I'm not noticing anything wrong with it so far, but again these are fresh out of the box so who's to say what will go wrong in the next week, month or not at all.

Edit:  Much to my surprise, Nobuo Uematsu's Distant Worlds album actually sounds pretty enjoyable on the ZS3.  I typically listen to it with analytical earbuds/iems but the extra bass is paying off without feeling like I'm losing too much detail.

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #30,420 of 35,472
That really sucks crabdog! Jim is ridiculous for that 100 hr statement but entertain it then send it back. Have him send you the LZA2s as an equal trade.

After this though, I'm no longer buying from HCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back