Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #30,197 of 35,472
  Coming up this week!

1. My overall reviews between the HLSX BK50, BK35, 808, and 8.

2. My KZ-ZS3 review

3. My listening audition with the 1MORE Capsule hybrid! (not to be confused with the Xiaomi Capsule dynamic drivers)

Gotta' love some in-ear earphones! 
biggrin.gif

1. Can't wait xD

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #30,200 of 35,472
I don't see the Te02n available in the US? Any idea how they compare to the A&D D2?

I bought them through a German website Musicstore.de (I live in the Netherlands).

I prefer them personally over the A&D D2. As another Headfi member wrote the D2 sometimes really sounds good and on some songs not that good at all. I have the same thing. Its' treble also is uncomfortably spiky at times, to my ears at least. Another thing is that because of the nozzle placement it's sometimes very hard to get a good seal, something I don't have that often with other IEMs. The Fostex is cleaner in output it seems, some may call it 'dry', but I prefer them over the D2 personally which I will keep as my backup sports IEM. The D2 is still real good value for money though but I prefer the Fostex.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #30,201 of 35,472

Back to the topic at hand, I wish we would find a good fullsize headphone, better than the tak Pro 80, at a decent price point. The IEM market is booming, but the full size market is just not there at all. Anyone find anything interesting on taobao or aliexpress?

+1. The SM HP150 are probably going to keep me content for quite a while as far as full size closed headphones (AMAZING through tubes..), but I'd love to have some really good open full size headphones. Ordered the Somic V2 from Gearbest, I'm hoping that they will be good.. :)

Quote:
I keep saying it, but dude the Xiaomi Headphone and Meizu HD50 are both legit good. I would prefer either one over the Pro80 (even with HM5 pads)

I'm sure they are good, but personally, I can't stand on-ears..

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #30,202 of 35,472
Sorry I caused a bit of hype in the beginning. Dat bass knocked a few screws loose! With EQ the bass can easily be tamed. I don't use EQ so I gave it to my buddy who loves the bass from them

Lurk you were definitely right about the Bass, it's just everything else is a bit off,my ears would like the mids a little more forward and treble is a little hissy,and not much clarity (based on ootb) burn in may change some of these issues and perhaps some tip rolling . Also on my set the left earpiece is actually the right and vice versa. So QC is off as well. It will however serve its purpose for me as a handsfree beater pair to save my puros from being damaged.

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #30,203 of 35,472
So a follow up about an IEM previously mentioned where I'm having some buzzing. I discovered that although no other of dozens of IEMs have the buzzing on my laptop through Fiio Q1, only this D2-D2002. But, if I unplug my laptop from the wall, I don't have the buzzing. I assume, because no other IEMs have this problem, this still counts as a problem with this IEM.  Opinions?

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #30,204 of 35,472
So a follow up about an IEM previously mentioned where I'm having some buzzing. I discovered that although no other of dozens of IEMs have the buzzing on my laptop through Fiio Q1, only this D2-D2002. But, if I unplug my laptop from the wall, I don't have the buzzing. I assume, because no other IEMs have this problem, this still counts as a problem with this IEM.  Opinions?

You've got other IEMs with BA's in them right?

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #30,206 of 35,472
Yes, and this IEM is the only one, BA or not that has this problem.

Hmm, weird stuff. I honestly don't know what to do. Laptops/computers and weird sounds can be quite unpredictable in my experience.

I don't remember : do you have problems with other sources as well?

Jun 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #30,207 of 35,472
Hmm, weird stuff. I honestly don't know what to do. Laptops/computers and weird sounds can be quite unpredictable in my experience.

I don't remember : do you have problems with other sources as well?

Not on my phone. If I plug straight into the laptop, I hear it a little bit, but not as much as through the Fiio Q1 attached to the laptop when laptop plugged in. So I think it is a combination. The laptop is not perfectly grounded. (The laptop, like many modern laptops, doesn't even have a third grounding prong on the charging cord.) However, I think IEMs should not be perceptible to transferring the grounding issue into sound, considering all of ~50 IEMs do not have this problem except for this one, and only in one side.

I really don't use other sources that plug into a wall..

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #30,209 of 35,472
  Not on my phone. If I plug straight into the laptop, I hear it a little bit, but not as much as through the Fiio Q1 attached to the laptop when laptop plugged in. So I think it is a combination. The laptop is not perfectly grounded. (The laptop, like many modern laptops, doesn't even have a third grounding prong on the charging cord.) However, I think IEMs should not be perceptible to transferring the grounding issue into sound, considering all of ~50 IEMs do not have this problem except for this one, and only in one side.

I really don't use other sources that plug into a wall..

I've had this. I just bought some USB powered mini speakers, and if I charge them while they are plugged in, they make that kind of noise. Also when I have tried listening to my NX1/clip+ combo while charging both from the computer. IIRC, only when both were connected though. I think it's some kind of bad ground on my computer - if I plug them in directly to the mains via a 230v->USB, I don't get this at all..

Maybe it's just a more sensitive IEM than the others you have?

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #30,210 of 35,472
Yeah, unfortunately I think it's difficult to say that it's the IEM's "fault" as long as it only happens with one source......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back