Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #29,086 of 35,472
  I decided to give those cool wood looking Easy T4s (3BA 1DD) a shot and ordered a pair yesterday. I'll give my impressions when they arrive. During the order I shot Easy a message asking a couple questions about the Rose lineup and had an interesting back and forth:

Easy:
Code:
 ROSE IEM ? I suggest you choose dqsm , this sound is much better than rose ! dqsm sound is similar to real k3003, and bass is better k3003

Me:
Code:
 You think the DQSMs are better than the all of the Roses? Those Rose Puddings and Rose Cappuccinos both have my eye, but maybe I'll reconsider if you think the DQSMs are really that good. How about DQSM vs the T4?

Easy:
Code:
 T4 i don't have in hand, but i have rose in hand, dqsm is much much better , i can say ! haha !

Now I'm really looking forward to reading some impressions about these Roses when people start getting them.

Me to, I have the DQSM2 on their way but I would like to hear from some Rose owners instead of the DQSM designer! No offense but if I were selling my design it would be better than theirs as well
rolleyes.gif

I've had these in and out of my cart and almost pulled the trigger on these gorgeous things 5 times now
eek.gif

HTB12lmUJVXXXXbeaXXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

Maybe after I read some reviews on them and hear my DQSM2 first hand it will help (push me over the edge) make up my mind once and for all
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Actually, there is a reason why we are being recommended to hold off on Rose iems. I have been talking to the team behind Rose line up (like the actual Rose tech company - Really cool bunch of guys, they are really down to earth and they want to do good by the customers). But having said I would hold off on ordering the really high end rose iems for just a while more. Trust me it will be worth it :) 

I will be getting the entire high end line up and will give detailed reviews and impressions then, but for now, I think some kinks are still being worked out on their end so I would hold off, until you have a good return policy if you don't like what you are hearing. Thats all I have to say on that matter :wink: 

But they are a good brand no doubt, they have ambition and I have high hopes for them. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #29,087 of 35,472
  I have a feeling the Rose brand is something special. I can't wait for your impressions.
I miss the Mojitos a lot. I've never heard an earbud that can best them. I've never heard the Blox or the 980/985 but the Mojito is truly something special...

I can't wrap my head around the Mojitos. Are they earbuds rather than IEMs? Similar to the VE Zen earphones? They do not protrude into your ear and have any isolation, right? Sorry, I can't tell from the photos. All the discussion about Rose makes me want them, but I cannot stand earbuds as they just fall out of my ears and I can't get them to fit at all. Selling my VE Zens for that reason actually. 

-Collin-

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #29,088 of 35,472
RedJohn456

Cool that you'll get to try them for free. But why hold off on buyin their current offerings? Are they going to be objectively better, or is there a flaw in the current designs or something? I would be happy to try any of the Rose designs...

I can't wrap my head around the Mojitos. Are they earbuds rather than IEMs? Similar to the VE Zen earphones? They do not protrude into your ear and have any isolation, right? Sorry, I can't tell from the photos. All the discussion about Rose makes me want them, but I cannot stand earbuds as they just fall out of my ears and I can't get them to fit at all. Selling my VE Zens for that reason actually. 

-Collin-

Yeah the mojito is an earbud but is second in detailing only to an er4 or stax. Seriously. Plus it is much larger than a normal earbud so the fit is totally different. I've never worn an earbud that took up so much room in your ear which makes them easier to fit IMO

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #29,089 of 35,472
@RedJohn456

Cool that you'll get to try them for free. But why hold off on buyin their current offerings? Are they going to be objectively better, or is there a flaw in the current designs or something? I would be happy to try any of the Rose designs...
Yeah the mojito is an earbud but is second in detailing only to an er4 or stax. Seriously. Plus it is much larger than a normal earbud so the fit is totally different. I've never worn an earbud that took up so much room in your ear which makes them easier to fit IMO

They are working to improve consistency and quality control and maintain level of high quality that they are happy with. Being a small outfit of like a handful of people, they are suddenly inundated with orders. 

In fact I think they are investing in a second lab to get things up to pace, to cope with orders. 

Trust me I won't get to hear any of them for some time yet, probably will be after a lot of people get their hands on them. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #29,090 of 35,472

They are working to improve consistency and quality control and maintain level of high quality that they are happy with. Being a small outfit of like a handful of people, they are suddenly inundated with orders. 

In fact I think they are investing in a second lab to get things up to pace, to cope with orders. 

Trust me I won't get to hear any of them for some time yet, probably will be after a lot of people get their hands on them. 

Thank you for the clarification. Was mostly concerned something was wrong with the current lineup, very glad to hear that isn't the case at all.

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #29,095 of 35,472
   Quote:

Certainly bass heavy for me, I wont say highs are rolled off, but bass dominates. Mids are thin and bit smeared, seems coherence issue between BA and DD. Have been listening to them yesterday at work.

Did you try wide-bore tips? The thinner the bore, the more the bass dominates and inconsistency arises between the DD and BA. Plus, the majority of the time, wide-bore tips does bring out better MIDS.

......by the way, I like the EQ graphs you displayed! Nice!  
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #29,096 of 35,472
Dolphins are the weirdest freaking pair of IEMs I've ever heard. One second they are terrible the next they are great. They've been burning in for 23 hours. Burn in will continue. V-Sonic Dual Flange seem to be the best. I now put these below the K4. I think Twin may have got a freak pair, I cant see burn in fixing the sound sig

EDIT: These are seriously for bass heads only, real bass heads. If you listen to Rap music these are for you. Also, just unfortunately gave in and ordered the HF209 from IPSDI. They said its a more balanced sound. For $6, wth. I can always gift them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back