Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #26,821 of 35,472
  Big shout out to 1more for hooking me up with their new triple driver iem. HOW IS THIS THING 99 DOLLARS??? Just see the damn unboxing pictures and see what I mean!

Even the damn booklet is in color! This is the most impressed I have been unboxing any product (its on same level as the pinnacle P1 which is like unboxing a thousand dollar headphone). 

Initial sound impressions:

- sounds just like the LZ A2, but better treble extension and better bass - tighter and better impact 
- drums sound energetic and clear, female vocals are nice and crisp with lots of texture, lots of detail (not analytical but musical)
- need a good seal to get the full details and soundstage - good instrument separation and layering into a nice and cohesive sound - sounds natural
- bass texture is cray cray - rumbles nice and better presence 
- soundstage - great sense of depth, wider than it is tall, elements of a song seem to float in space thanks to the sense of depth and layering
- actually sounds great out of my iPhone, blackberry and laptop

Again these are early impressions and will go more depth when I clock in some more listening hours. But I am thoroughly impressed out of the box, crazy what 99 bucks gets you these days!

Hmm I'd almost be tempted to get these just for some decent sized tips (14.5mm)!

May 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #26,822 of 35,472
  Hmm I'd almost be tempted to get these just for some decent sized tips (14.5mm)!

i dont think the female vocals are nice on the 1More.
there isnt much emphasis on the upper mids.
may I ask the source you are using?

@RedJohn456

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #26,825 of 35,472

28_04901903647984694.jpg%21360

Any impressions?

I have them for more than 2 years now and they have a very attractive look to them, but they always had a issues with the detachable wires. The sound signature is balanced, but personally got boring at times. It lacked that fun factor and the midrange was lacking and insufficient at times. Unless they made changes to the wires, I would heed the warning!

May 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #26,826 of 35,472

I have them for more than 2 years now and they have a very attractive look to them, but they always had a issues with the detachable wires. The sound signature is balanced, but personally got boring at times. It lacked that fun factor and the midrange was lacking and insufficient at times. Unless they made changes to the wires, I would heed the warning!

thanks mate! hence, there is no need to buy this. build quality a gimmick!

May 4, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #26,827 of 35,472
  Last night, I decided to swap my tips on the Tingo FL800 with the Rock Zircon silicone tips and all I can say is OM Fanfreakintastic!!!

.....the Tingo FL800's are just blowing me away right now!!! This is a MUST TRY!  
etysmile.gif

You mean, IF you can get a good FL800. I can try my Zircon tips on my FL800, but it will still suck. (Well not completely, they have an almost VE Monk airiness on top, but significantly less bass than the Monk.)

May 4, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #26,828 of 35,472

It gives it that "perfect texture" with its' usual sound signature and transparency! .....Who would have known this was going to be a perfect match together! 
ksc75smile.gif

Was looking through the spinfit eartip thread and came across the idea of using spacers on the nozzles to keep the eartips from seating too far down.
Starts from post #549:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/748473/spinfit-eartips-thread-the-cheapest-audio-upgrade/540

After experimenting with eartip spacers for a couple days, they do improve the SQ on IEMs that have longer nozzles like the ED9 brass.  This works on all types of eartips I tried; JVC SDs, Spinfits, and a bunch of silicone ones with stiffer tubes.
Made the spacers by cutting the tubes off silicone eartips to proper length.

May 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #26,829 of 35,472
  You mean, IF you can get a good FL800. I can try my Zircon tips on my FL800, but it will still suck. (Well not completely, they have an almost VE Monk airiness on top, but significantly less bass than the Monk.)

Sorry to hear that your FL800 didn't work out for you, but the FL800 do benefit greatly through Amping them just like the Havi B3's.
......definitely, the bass is there.
cool.gif

May 4, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #26,830 of 35,472
  Was looking through the spinfit eartip thread and came across the idea of using spacers on the nozzles to keep the eartips from seating too far down.
Starts from post #549:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/748473/spinfit-eartips-thread-the-cheapest-audio-upgrade/540

After experimenting with eartip spacers for a couple days, they do improve the SQ on IEMs that have longer nozzles like the ED9 brass.  This works on all types of eartips I tried; JVC SDs, Spinfits, and a bunch of silicone ones with stiffer tubes.
Made the spacers by cutting the tubes off silicone eartips to proper length.

Good to hear! .....thanks for sharing! 
etysmile.gif

May 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #26,831 of 35,472

Sorry to hear that your FL800 didn't work out for you, but the FL800 do benefit greatly through Amping them just like the Havi B3's.
......definitely, the bass is there.
cool.gif

Well, using a Fiio Q1 amp, it still takes 20 Db EQ on the bass for it to just sound flat without being bass forward. So I definitely think they changed the driver since you got yours. Mine are otherwise balanced in channels, so I don't think it would be just a single driver malfunction.

May 4, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #26,832 of 35,472
Could you do a quick comparison between these three? :)

Yep, but it'll be quick :wink:

Havi: Amazing soundstage in all directions and separation that better many much more expensive offerings. Good thight bass and good extension but lacking a bit of impact in the subbass. Great timbre to the notes. Very natural sounding vocals.

PMV-A01: Great clarity without being harsh. Fantastic quality /quantity ratio in the bass and neve feels as if it's lacking but still could have even better extension. Very good soundstage width and height but lacks a bit in depth. Could also have some better timbre/more warmth. Probably the most even across the frequencies between the three. Very airy presentation. Amazing with female vocals. Perform best with a warm /full source.

Zero: Overall big bass presence without getting boom. Creamy, liquid and warm. A bit more mid bass than subbass. Smooth and full vocals. Lacks a bit of sparkle in the upper midrange but has amazing timbre to the notes. Doesn't really excel in any area but still makes a very enjoyable listen. Presentation is pretty intimate and lush. Perform best with a clean and clear source.

All based on my preferences and ymmw yada yada :wink:

May 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #26,833 of 35,472
Yep, but it'll be quick
wink.gif

Havi: Amazing soundstage in all directions and separation that better many much more expensive offerings. Good thight bass and good extension but lacking a bit of impact in the subbass. Great timbre to the notes. Very natural sounding vocals.

PMV-A01: Great clarity without being harsh. Fantastic quality /quantity ratio in the bass and neve feels as if it's lacking but still could have even better extension. Very good soundstage width and height but lacks a bit in depth. Could also have some better timbre/more warmth. Probably the most even across the frequencies between the three. Very airy presentation. Amazing with female vocals. Perform best with a warm /full source.

Zero: Overall big bass presence without getting boom. Creamy, liquid and warm. A bit more mid bass than subbass. Smooth and full vocals. Lacks a bit of sparkle in the upper midrange but has amazing timbre to the notes. Doesn't really excel in any area but still makes a very enjoyable listen. Presentation is pretty intimate and lush. Perform best with a clean and clear source.

All based on my preferences and ymmw yada yada
wink.gif

Peter, are these the Zero's you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-ZH-BX700-CD-Stereo-Headphones-Doppio/dp/B00GPB59EA/ref=pd_sim_23_38?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ce4EUHe2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1AD4311SAVAQXSJ08JQK

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #26,834 of 35,472

Peter, are these the Zero's you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-ZH-BX700-CD-Stereo-Headphones-Doppio/dp/B00GPB59EA/ref=pd_sim_23_38?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ce4EUHe2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1AD4311SAVAQXSJ08JQK

beerchug.gif

definitely no. its shozy zero. quite obvious hehe.
doppio cant excel in vocals at all. slightly recessed.
beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #26,835 of 35,472

definitely no. its shozy zero. quite obvious hehe.
doppio cant excel in vocals at all. slightly recessed.
beerchug.gif

Sometimes nothing is obvious 123, but I must remember I'm in the Chinese thread and should have figured for sure. Not to mention $50 sounds way better than the Doppio price
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back