Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,771 of 35,472
  My honest opinion is dont waste your $. I have never noticed a difference. 

The only time there will be a difference is if the cable has poor quality, thin wiring, or if the resistance of the cable is different. Any cheap cable that uses OFC is more than plenty, and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between that and a silver cable. Most people are hard pressed to tell the difference between wire and a coat hanger (I've fooled many people doing this).

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,772 of 35,472
Has anyone bought the Corecool V2 from this seller?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1148506666.html

I realize there has been some criticism of them, but I always wanted to try them, and the price is the best I've seen.  I've just never ordered from Alirexpress before, and I'm not sure if these are counterfeit. 

I asked the seller a few questions about them, but the language barrier made communication nearly impossible.  I noticed his listing does not show any retail pacakaging, so I asked if they come in a retail box.  In his response, he said something about customs, but it was otherwise indecipherable.  Do you think they're legit? 

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,774 of 35,472
Possibly real, might just be the headphones w/o wire, case, and other accessories at that price point.
Before you order those, what sound sig are you looking for?

I have the 3eighty5 version (the model 5200), which appears similar, but with lower quality components.  Although that model is bass heavy (much as the V2 has been described here), there's something about them I find less objectionable/offensive than other bass-heavy phones.  I'm just curious to hear what the ultimate version of that design would sound like.  In other words, it's more of a curiosity purchase. 

Not woth $100 to me, but I'll give it a go for $33.  I don't need the packaging, but I would like to know if it includes both cables (I hate cables with built in mics). 

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,775 of 35,472
  Has anyone bought the Corecool V2 from this seller?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1148506666.html

I realize there has been some criticism of them, but I always wanted to try them, and the price is the best I've seen.  I've just never ordered from Alirexpress before, and I'm not sure if these are counterfeit. 

I asked the seller a few questions about them, but the language barrier made communication nearly impossible.  I noticed his listing does not show any retail pacakaging, so I asked if they come in a retail box.  In his response, he said something about customs, but it was otherwise indecipherable.  Do you think they're legit? 

Most likely fake. One way to spot... see where it says it takes 57 days to ship out? Fake.

Corecool themselves sell it for $50
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4011-2830859266.74.lZNk2o&id=18001921788&rn=0e73baad8ebc9e1062b256ce24192e2e

I wasn't impressed with the V2 in the slightest, and I'm a basshead. It's terribly bloated.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,776 of 35,472
Sorry to break it to you but the 385 and the corecool are not the same headphone, other than the housing they are completely different sounds. The v2 have 99999999999x more bass than the 385. If you find the 385 "tolerable" per say, the corecool are definitely waaaaay too bassy.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #1,778 of 35,472
Sorry to break it to you but the 385 and the corecool are not the same headphone, other than the housing they are completely different sounds. The v2 have 99999999999x more bass than the 385. If you find the 385 "tolerable" per say, the corecool are definitely waaaaay too bassy.

I think that's all I needed to know!  I thought the Corecool would be a more refined version of the 385 (i.e. less bass heavy). 

It's too bad because it sounds like there was some potential in the 385. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #1,779 of 35,472
Yeah, I'm pretty fascinated with the Dolphin's. Maybe I need to start collecting portables as well now....

The Piston's are really fun as well you should have a enjoyable evening
smily_headphones1.gif

Got Pistons 2.0, and indeed these are enjoyable!!!! :)  Any suggestions for replacement eartips?  So far found only one out of the included ones with  a good fitment that gives me max bass.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,780 of 35,472

Got Pistons 2.0, and indeed these are enjoyable!!!! :)  Any suggestions for replacement eartips?  So far found only one out of the included ones with  a good fitment that gives me max bass.

Just received the Astrotec AX35, Moxpad X2 and the Pistons and have the same problem with the pistons. Tried to swap around some of the tips from the other models and they seem to fit the earphone but still can't get a good seal. Also stole the tips off my JVC HA-FXD80-Z, again they fit but can't get a good seal. I Have large ear canals so I am always limited, most the tip varieties come in medium sizes. Ordered some double flange tips from Earphones Plus on amazon ( http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00I13H3GC ) . Could not find any reviews on Head-Fi, I'll post my finding once I receive them, should be in the next few days. Also gonna try and review the great headphones I got thanks to this thread.

Thanks everyone! So far the reviews have been bang on!

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #1,781 of 35,472
I can't let go of these Dolphin's.

Just so there's no misunderstanging: If you're looking for a neutral headphone this will not be the one. I'm sure they have dips and peaks in all the wrong places but they're just PURE FUN listening to and sometimes that's enough 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,782 of 35,472
  I can't let go of these Dolphin's.

Just so there's no misunderstanging: If you're looking for a neutral headphone this will not be the one. I'm sure they have dips and peaks in all the wrong places but they're just PURE FUN listening to and sometimes that's enough 
wink.gif

You are right.These are the 1st pair of headphones I dont have to eq. They are exactly what I like.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #1,785 of 35,472
I'm curious on Dolphin's vs Drama so I'm looking forward to your comparison when you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back