Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #17,266 of 35,472
Thanks for the input! I'm honestly leaning towards the Vsonic's right now. Would there be a significant advantage for me with the VSD5 vs. the VSD3S? 

Hey I went through the mass of reviews. I've read too much. However I feel that the best iems you'll want to have a look at will be the GR07 BE (the MKII may suffice but there will be less bass, not lacking just less) and the other is the new Fidue A73. @hisoundfi rated these very highly and I'm actually dying to listen to them but that will have to wait. These two are over the 100 limit but I think you should continously upgrade! The curse of head-fi, you'll always find there's something better than the ones of your head.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #17,267 of 35,472

cool.gif
Thanx Clear. Hey, tell me what you think. They certainly surprised the heck out of me. I bought them Because they were Pretty and looked to be well made. I really didn't expect them to sound this good.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

OK, I'll let you know once I get them.
smile.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #17,268 of 35,472
  I was reading that the M6's have a recessed midrange. Wouldn't that be bad for what I'm trying to do?

M6 have recessed mids. M6 Pro don't (but they would have lack of bass for you).

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #17,269 of 35,472
Do you recommend Panasonic RP-HTF600S?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_28?ie=UTF8&refRID=15JDRWR8B9CQC3MMCNH3

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #17,270 of 35,472

OK, I'll let you know once I get them.
smile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
Cool. I own almost every KZ Earphone, These are a cut above. They easily rival the Havi pro1s EQ and Sound Stage, but are easier to drive and have more balls in the Bass dept.

JMHO They get my vote for FOTM.

As they burn in I'm Liking these VJJB Twin drivers too. A little Darker but quite nice.

Right Now I'm currently Burning in:
1 KZ EDSE (wifes)
2 KZ ED10 (wifes)
3 VJJB Twin Driver
ksc75smile.gif

4 Rock luxury Zircon
ksc75smile.gif

5 MOAOL MP850
6 Bette F3 twin Driver
ksc75smile.gif

And I recently got so pissed off at the Earmax ER610 (THE ABSOLUTE WORST EARPHONE I HAVE EVER HEARD), that I cut the Cables into 4 inch pieces and took both Bodies out on the front cement porch and smashed them Flat with a Framing Hammer. It's a shame something that well built sounded SO bad, but they had to die.

I then put them in a Walmart shopping bag and threw them in the Dumpster. They HAD to die.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #17,271 of 35,472
cool.gif
BTW I'm starting to really appreciate the Bette F3 hybrid Drivers (32 Ohm, 10mm driver).

At 35 Hours some serious Low end is developing and getting Tight. These could possibly rival the Dunu DN 2000 or 2000j. I've listened to both, the older 2000s for about a month on loan and the 2000j briefly. But they all strike me as having similar sound signatures, even though the Bette is 2 driver like the DN1000 it has a slightly different EQ.

Too early to tell at this point. But I'm Hopeful.

LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #17,272 of 35,472

smily_headphones1.gif
Cool. I own almost every KZ Earphone, These are a cut above. They easily rival the Havi pro1s EQ and Sound Stage, but are easier to drive and have more balls in the Bass dept.

JMHO They get my vote for FOTM.

As they burn in I'm Liking these VJJB Twin drivers too. A little Darker but quite nice.

Right Now I'm currently Burning in:
1 KZ EDSE (wifes)
2 KZ ED10 (wifes)
3 VJJB Twin Driver
ksc75smile.gif

4 Rock luxury Zircon
ksc75smile.gif

5 MOAOL MP850
6 Bette F3 twin Driver
ksc75smile.gif

And I recently got so pissed off at the Earmax ER610 (THE ABSOLUTE WORST EARPHONE I HAVE EVER HEARD), that I cut the Cables into 4 inch pieces and took both Bodies out on the front cement porch and smashed them Flat with a Framing Hammer. It's a shame something that well built sounded SO bad, but they had to die.

I then put them in a Walmart shopping bag and threw them in the Dumpster. They HAD to die.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

My Earmax ER610 are settling with dust at home, while I still don't know what to do with them yet. Maybe a special project of changing them to dynamics.....still don't know. Evil thoughts did come to my mind like "Hulk Smash"!
.....but maybe not yet.
atsmile.gif

PS. My Chinese co-worker jumped on the Rock Luxury Zircon, as well. We will both receive our package the same day.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #17,274 of 35,472
I had the Earmax ER610 I wanted to like them and gave them every chance but in the end decided the best thing to do was destroy them.
devil_face.gif
satans justice was swift and brutal

I had the MOAOL MP850 but gave them away, they just had to much bass

Iv'e got the VJJB1s and for the price they are excellent and get better with more play time

Maybe I will try out those Rock luxury Zircons

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #17,275 of 35,472
  I had the Earmax ER610 I wanted to like them and gave them every chance but in the end decided the best thing to do was destroy them.
devil_face.gif
satans justice was swift and brutal

I had the MOAOL MP850 but gave them away, they just had to much bass

Iv'e got the VJJB1s and for the price they are excellent and get better with more play time

Maybe I will try out those Rock luxury Zircons

cool.gif
satan, I see we have similar tastes. BY ALL MEANS get the ROCKS. You will love them. They are really tip-dependent for SQ. Almost like interchangeable nozzles sensitive. I like wide bore Hybrids on them. PLUS they are very high Quality in their construction.

Surprised the crap outta me.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #17,276 of 35,472

My Earmax ER610 are settling with dust at home, while I still don't know what to do with them yet. Maybe a special project of changing them to dynamics.....still don't know. Evil thoughts did come to my mind like "Hulk Smash"!
.....but maybe not yet.
atsmile.gif

PS. My Chinese co-worker jumped on the Rock Luxury Zircon, as well. We will both receive our package the same day.

cool.gif
Let me know what you think as soon as you have a handle on them. OTB they were excellent, with a few hours they are merely superb. Let me know so I don't think I've:  A. Lost my mind or B. Have lost my ability to hear correctly.

I'm at that age you know where both choices are distinct possibilities.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #17,277 of 35,472

@TwinACStacks,

How do the Rock Luxury Zircon compare to the KZ ATE. It's so hard to picture the RLZ being that much better.

Are they more similar than different?

cool.gif
I like them better. The ATEs are darker overall and not as distinct as the Rocks. They are crystal-clear, and with correct tips have tremendous lows, but not overpowering the other frequencies.

PLUS although I like the ATEs, they are over-Ears and I prefer downcabling just for convenience of insertion on the fly.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #17,278 of 35,472
:cool: I'm still laughing. Some fool who knows nothing about fitting or rolling Eartips obviously must have written that. These are VERY sensitive to eartip differences, Probably more so than phones Like The Deltas I have with interchangeable nozzles. They have enough Bass that it's scary. DEPENDING on which tip you use. Stock installed tips are a little shallow and lean towards treble. I have Auvio Large, (Sony hybrid clone only heavier material from Radio Shack), with a Wide Bore and they sound Fantastic. However they also sound really good with the Generic Black silicone tips you find included with most KZ Earphones which are Narrow Bore. With These you get a little Treble reduction but retain the Bass.

BTW: Don't let the listed Frequency Range fool you 20-20,000 kHz is a very common Spec and probably an extremely conservative one at that. I know for a FACT it is in this case.

TRUST OLD TWIN. You want these. Great Cheap Earphones. pick up a pair and we will start an appreciation thread, yep I think they are worthy of it.

:cool: :rolleyes: TWIN

Dammit! I promised myself to go easy and not get all haywire in this thread... Oh well, ordered me a pair and also a pair of KZ ATE... My dream of a pair of Shure se846 is just going further and further into the horizon...

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #17,279 of 35,472
Dammit! I promised myself to go easy and not get all haywire in this thread... Oh well, ordered me a pair and also a pair of KZ ATE... My dream of a pair of Shure se846 is just going further and further into the horizon...

Nah! Don't feel so bad. Maybe these might just save you a bunch.....!!!

Found them on sale "right now" at Aliexpress website Sold By Anna Outdoor Club China (Mainland)

AKG K3003 (3-way hybrid) by **** going for only $74.10 US dollars!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

Also at 'TwinACStacks -I believe you were waiting for these to go cheaper. Ha!  
tongue_smile.gif

.....these are my top hybrids with the red tuning ports.

Also, check out the rest of their earphone products. There prices are insane!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Earphone/1188276_502231659.html

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #17,280 of 35,472

Nah! Don't feel so bad. Maybe these might just save you a bunch.....!!!

Found them on sale "right now" at Aliexpress website Sold By Anna Outdoor Club China (Mainland)

AKG K3003 (3-way hybrid) by **** going for only $74.10 US dollars!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

Also at 'TwinACStacks -I believe you were waiting for these to go cheaper. Ha!  
tongue_smile.gif

.....these are my top hybrids with the red tuning ports.

Also, check out the rest of their earphone products. There prices are insane!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Earphone/1188276_502231659.html

1clearhead, have u ever compared these to our big boys like A83 or Dn2k? if yes, whats your take on them ? planning to jump on these diy k3003 but wanna know more abt them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back