Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #17,252 of 35,472
OK, you've sold me on them. If they turn out to be another Ivery IS-1 I'm going to add you to my "do not trust" list for all time.

A little too late, but here's a simple explanation.....

Eventually, they sold the Ivery IS-1's with two different type diaphragms......I have them both!

The positive ratings....
IVERY IS-1/LIBERTY 8mm version -vivid and clear with sub-bass impact

The negative ratings....
IVERY IS-1/HIPUT 10mm version -too warm, they have terrible mid-bass bloat that bleeds into the lower mid-range

.....still love the sound of the Liberty version. They were around $8 dollars at the time?

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #17,253 of 35,472
The Amazon review is not very convincing on the Rock Zircons... "bass is hardly noticeable so don't expect much". Of course I always take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt anyway.

cool.gif
I'm still laughing. Some fool who knows nothing about fitting or rolling Eartips obviously must have written that. These are VERY sensitive to eartip differences, Probably more so than phones Like The Deltas I have with interchangeable nozzles. They have enough Bass that it's scary. DEPENDING on which tip you use. Stock installed tips are a little shallow and lean towards treble. I have Auvio Large, (Sony hybrid clone only heavier material from Radio Shack), with a Wide Bore and they sound Fantastic. However they also sound really good with the Generic Black silicone tips you find included with most KZ Earphones which are Narrow Bore. With These you get a little Treble reduction but retain the Bass.

BTW: Don't let the listed Frequency Range fool you 20-20,000 kHz is a very common Spec and probably an extremely conservative one at that. I know for a FACT it is in this case.

TRUST OLD TWIN. You want these. Great Cheap Earphones. pick up a pair and we will start an appreciation thread, yep I think they are worthy of it.

cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #17,254 of 35,472
I was reading that the M6's have a recessed midrange. Wouldn't that be bad for what I'm trying to do? Idk! I'm open to them, I just need to do some digging.

Any other suggestions? I might just stick with the ttpod t1e's since I already ordered them. Unless there is something way better!

Thanks for the helps guys!

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #17,255 of 35,472

More impressions please... 
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
Leo, They are $13 earphones. Get a Pair and we will start us a Thread about 'em. I'd love to hear your impression as well as everyone else's.

Don't let the price fool you, I think these could actually become the New FOTM.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #17,256 of 35,472
:cool: Leo, They are $13 earphones. Get a Pair and we will start us a Thread about 'em. I'd love to hear your impression as well as everyone else's.

Don't let the price fool you, I think these could actually become the New FOTM.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

$13 can be a fair amount to some folks. Especially if you have a wife like me that spends money like the US government.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #17,257 of 35,472

cool.gif
I bought These based entirely on this Thread. I have had them for about a week.

BUY THESE NOW.

They would be insanely good at a moderate $100 to $150 price range. At $12 or so I'm getting a couple more pairs. One for My Wife and a spare. They are like everything that a Havi would like to be--- INCLUDING way easier to drive. A little extra Bass BUT they are Very tip dependent so you can change the EQ just by Various Tip selection.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I saw them before on taobao website. They sell a lot of different electronic gadgets here in China. They do look sweet, though. I'll give them a shot!

-Thanks for the info 'Twins'.
normal_smile .gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #17,258 of 35,472
Hey guys. Made an account on here purely to see if I could get some opinions. I play live in a band setting 3 times a week using an in-ear monitor system that I mix myself. I play electric guitar and it's more mid-high heavy, although we have around 14 channels that I control levels with using an aviom.

I'd been using Shure se215's but they just broke. I always run one-ear out and pan most of the instruments into the one in my ear, that way I can hear what's in the house.

I'm looking for a sub $100 in-ear monitor specifically for live use. I jump around a lot, so over-ear is essential. I unfortunately ordered some TTPOD T1-E's earlier today but am thinking that was a mistake. I got drawn in by the whole dual-driver thing. I'm considering canceling the order.

Any suggestions? I'm wanting something that looks like the Vsonic VSD3/5 or TTPOD T2. I honestly have no clue what to look for.

The music we play is more light-rock. Hopefully that helps.

I had the TTPOD T1-E for about 6 months before exchanging them due to a broken shell and had them sold.

I would suggest sticking to them. They are some of they best earphones I've used (although I don't have much to compare with, currently using a Aurisonics ASG 1.3) . I also wear them over the ear, just switch the sides around. Make sure you check the T1-E thread for fitment tips. I used them for running and gymming. The only thing you can't use them for is sleeping.

T1-E Ex-Blue Team member

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #17,259 of 35,472
Oops sorry for double post. Realised that for your usage the T1-E may not be able to stay put in your ears. I would suggest the aurisonics ASG 1.3 purely due to the super comfortable and secure fit. However the early treble roll-off may not suit your sonic requirements.

The vsd3 seems like a very good choice. They are getting great reviews but I've never used one so I wouldn't comment further.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #17,260 of 35,472
Oops sorry for double post. Realised that for your usage the T1-E may not be able to stay put in your ears. I would suggest the aurisonics ASG 1.3 purely due to the super comfortable and secure fit. However the early treble roll-off may not suit your sonic requirements.

The vsd3 seems like a very good choice. They are getting great reviews but I've never used one so I wouldn't comment further.

Thanks for the input! I'm honestly leaning towards the Vsonic's right now. Would there be a significant advantage for me with the VSD5 vs. the VSD3S? 

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #17,261 of 35,472

I saw them before on taobao website. They sell a lot of different electronic gadgets here in China. They do look sweet, though. I'll give them a shot!

-Thanks for the info 'Twins'.
normal_smile%20.gif

cool.gif
Thanx Clear. Hey, tell me what you think. They certainly surprised the heck out of me. I bought them Because they were Pretty and looked to be well made. I really didn't expect them to sound this good.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #17,262 of 35,472
  Hey guys. Made an account on here purely to see if I could get some opinions. I play live in a band setting 3 times a week using an in-ear monitor system that I mix myself. I play electric guitar and it's more mid-high heavy, although we have around 14 channels that I control levels with using an aviom.

I'd been using Shure se215's but they just broke. I always run one-ear out and pan most of the instruments into the one in my ear, that way I can hear what's in the house.

I'm looking for a sub $100 in-ear monitor specifically for live use. I jump around a lot, so over-ear is essential. I unfortunately ordered some TTPOD T1-E's earlier today but am thinking that was a mistake. I got drawn in by the whole dual-driver thing. I'm considering canceling the order.

Any suggestions? I'm wanting something that looks like the Vsonic VSD3/5 or TTPOD T2. I honestly have no clue what to look for.

The music we play is more light-rock. Hopefully that helps.

Look into the IM series from Audio Technica maybe. I like the IM50 and IM70 better than the VSonic (much more durable and  a better midrange). They aren't going to be perfect for recording, but for use as a live monitor I think you'd like them quite a bit. 

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #17,263 of 35,472
$13 can be a fair amount to some folks. Especially if you have a wife like me that spends money like the US government.

cool.gif
I know what you mean. Yesterday mine walked in with a MUST- HAVE $60 Comforter for the bed.

It's August and 90 Degrees out.....

I NEED a comforter.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 23, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #17,264 of 35,472
Thanks for the input! I'm honestly leaning towards the Vsonic's right now. Would there be a significant advantage for me with the VSD5 vs. the VSD3S? 

The Ttpod's does also have recessed mids as well as rolled off highs. I also believe you'll have a problem witj keeping these safely in your ears for your intended use.

Look into the IM series from Audio Technica maybe. I like the IM50 and IM70 better than the VSonic (much more durable and  a better midrange). They aren't going to be perfect for recording, but for use as a live monitor I think you'd like them quite a bit. 

+1 for the IM50/70. They won't be perfect but they'll be better than the SE215. They're also very well built.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #17,265 of 35,472

cool.gif
I'm still laughing. Some fool who knows nothing about fitting or rolling Eartips obviously must have written that. These are VERY sensitive to eartip differences, Probably more so than phones Like The Deltas I have with interchangeable nozzles. They have enough Bass that it's scary. DEPENDING on which tip you use. Stock installed tips are a little shallow and lean towards treble. I have Auvio Large, (Sony hybrid clone only heavier material from Radio Shack), with a Wide Bore and they sound Fantastic. However they also sound really good with the Generic Black silicone tips you find included with most KZ Earphones which are Narrow Bore. With These you get a little Treble reduction but retain the Bass.

BTW: Don't let the listed Frequency Range fool you 20-20,000 kHz is a very common Spec and probably an extremely conservative one at that. I know for a FACT it is in this case.

TRUST OLD TWIN. You want these. Great Cheap Earphones. pick up a pair and we will start an appreciation thread, yep I think they are worthy of it.

cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Are they any better then Hyperion? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back