Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #15,451 of 35,472

Thanks! I'm surprised I didn't see the A71. Have you tried it before? I was reading up on it and it seems like they're more mid-bass centric than sub-bass, but they're definitely in consideration. I was also looking at the IM70's but I've read that they have less bass than the IM50's.

You need the DUNU Titan 1s in your life! :wink:

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #15,452 of 35,472
Mar 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #15,453 of 35,472
if anyone interested, MP4N has this bundle offer and 2nd S1 for $19.50..... http://www.mp4nation.net/bundle-brainwavz-s1-earphones-headphone-case-nationite-a1-2600mah-powerbank

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #15,454 of 35,472
Thanks! I'm surprised I didn't see the A71. Have you tried it before? I was reading up on it and it seems like they're more mid-bass centric than sub-bass, but they're definitely in consideration. I was also looking at the IM70's but I've read that they have less bass than the IM50's.

The 70 has deeper and bigger bass. It's more controlled but not necessarily tighter. That is to say, it doesn't bleed anywhere, but still has a big thump and boom to it. Very natural, musical headphone. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #15,455 of 35,472

I have FIDUE A71 and ATH-IM70 which I bought a long time ago. DUNU Titan arrived a week ago, I haven't spend much time on it yet. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #15,456 of 35,472
  my moxpad x3's just arrived, first impressions are - wow, that wire is amazing, it feels so tough! so far I don't really the sound though. the long tips are very uncomfortable. will be putting my trusty diy foam eartips and will test. but for now, will leave it on for burn in.

but as a side note, amazing delivery speed. 9 days from china to uk. with free delivery.

Sound not that Good? Bought  a pair from Aliexpress sale though. looking forward to your review

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #15,457 of 35,472

Sound not that Good? Bought  a pair from Aliexpress sale though. looking forward to your review

don't know what it is, possibly maybe i keep comparing them to my ie80's but i agree with what @ilikeiem said, they must have a good seal to sound good.
to me the pros are:
+ very comfortable
+ not bulky - you can lie down on the pillow with them
+with a good seal, sound isn't bad - it's nice
+ cable is amazing
+ design 

cons:
- you will only get a good sound with a very good seal
- high's are slightly piercing
- bass is no where near strong - probably one of the weakest bass iem's i've used.
- not the best detail
- only kind of suitable to use to listen to music only. (and good quality music that is) if watching a youtube video for example you hear lots on unwanted background muffed sound.  - the same with a lower quality mp3 file.

in conclusion - they are an ok iem in terms of sq. in terms of build quality they are probably the best i've owned.
I got them at the sale for £7.87 which i would is worth the price. for £30 however, i don't think it is.

that's my 2 cents.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #15,458 of 35,472

You need the DUNU Titan 1s in your life! :wink:

I was looking at these as well but wasn't sure on them because of the open design and in twister6's review he says they have less sub-bass than the A83's, which is comparable to the A71's if I'm not mistaken so these are a bit lower on my list.

The 70 has deeper and bigger bass. It's more controlled but not necessarily tighter. That is to say, it doesn't bleed anywhere, but still has a big thump and boom to it. Very natural, musical headphone. 

Ah okay, I take it the IM50 has more mid-bass then which is why people say it's bassier? Other than that red color... How does it stack up against the RHA MA750's?

I have FIDUE A71 and ATH-IM70 which I bought a long time ago. DUNU Titan arrived a week ago, I haven't spend much time on it yet. 

Mind giving me a quick comparison between the three specifically with sub-bass extension and impact, and the veiling of the mids? Thanks!

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #15,459 of 35,472
  I was looking at these as well but wasn't sure on them because of the open design and in twister6's review he says they have less sub-bass than the A83's, which is comparable to the A71's if I'm not mistaken so these are a bit lower on my list.

Ah okay, I take it the IM50 has more mid-bass then which is why people say it's bassier? Other than that red color... How does it stack up against the RHA MA750's?

Mind giving me a quick comparison between the three specifically with sub-bass extension and impact, and the veiling of the mids? Thanks!

The A71 is much more V shaped than the Titans. A71 is very mid bass orientated with the bass bleeding much into the mids making the whole signature very bloomy, in kind of a good way though. It's got a huge peak in the treble making it a little bit sibilant. The Titans are more neutral having quite a linear but elevated bass starting from around 25Hz and doesn't bloat or leak. It's also got elevated treble but nowhere near as much as the A71. Titans are much more resolving and have better imaging and soundstage. IMO, the Titans are much better than the A71 as an overall package. I can only find 2 negatives; isolation and they're made to be worn cable down only.

Haven't heard the A83 yet. Would love to try them though.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #15,460 of 35,472
I'm wondering what specific brand and model the SoundMagic E10/s was patterned or copied after?

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #15,461 of 35,472

The A71 is much more V shaped than the Titans. A71 is very mid bass orientated with the bass bleeding much into the mids making the whole signature very bloomy, in kind of a good way though. It's got a huge peak in the treble making it a little bit sibilant. The Titans are more neutral having quite a linear but elevated bass starting from around 25Hz and doesn't bloat or leak. It's also got elevated treble but nowhere near as much as the A71. Titans are much more resolving and have better imaging and soundstage. IMO, the Titans are much better than the A71 as an overall package. I can only find 2 negatives; isolation and they're made to be worn cable down only.

Haven't heard the A83 yet. Would love to try them though.

Thanks for the info! I don't think the A71's would be for me then as I am slightly sensitive to sibilance since I listen to my music slightly loud for the bass. By "elevated bass starting from around 25Hz" do you mean that's when you can start to hear/feel it? Well I'm going to be using these for outside like hiking, walking to class, etc. So I'd kind of like them to have good isolation, how bad is it in the Titan's? Also how's the comfort? the weird circular design reminds me of an earbud.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #15,462 of 35,472

I think the mid bass is actually a bit bigger in the IM70. The sub bass is definitely better. As far as the MA750, I can't say as I never had the chance to hear them. I thought about them when I was looking at the IM70 and more people seemed to like the IM70. As I understand it, the MA750 is a bit more V-shaped than the IM70 with less midrange and more treble sparkle.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #15,464 of 35,472
  Thanks for the info! I don't think the A71's would be for me then as I am slightly sensitive to sibilance since I listen to my music slightly loud for the bass. By "elevated bass starting from around 25Hz" do you mean that's when you can start to hear/feel it? Well I'm going to be using these for outside like hiking, walking to class, etc. So I'd kind of like them to have good isolation, how bad is it in the Titan's? Also how's the comfort? the weird circular design reminds me of an earbud.

I hear it diferrently.  With FIDUE A71 + silicone eartips + deep insertion,  there is no harshness/sibilance at all in both mids and highs. I can feel the bass starting from 20hz without even trying. 
If you use double flange eartips, bass will be tamed down a lot. Listener who are very sensitive to sibilance should avoid this eartips. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #15,465 of 35,472
  I hear it diferrently.  With FIDUE A71 + silicone eartips + deep insertion,  there is no harshness/sibilance at all in both mids and highs. I can feel the bass starting from 20hz without even trying. 
If you use double flange eartips, bass will be tamed down a lot. Listener who are very sensitive to sibilance should avoid this eartips. 

+1. The A71's are the opposite of harsh/sibiliant. And yes, the bass is very much there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back