Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #24,916 of 33,689
Just wondering: Did ZS10 PRO pass it for you?

First impressions aren't that bad from me.

(im shamefull to admit it)

It's an extension of CCA C10. They improved separation and scene. A good balanced sound but the high frequency seems slightly too boosted and give an artificial impression

**** Ash is similar for 20€ but less technical ( 2drivers )

If you like classical, go on A10. It's a treble shape iem but I prefer than zs10 pro

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #24,917 of 33,689
It's an extension of CCA C10. They improved separation and scene. A good balanced sound but the high frequency seems slightly too boosted and give an artificial impression

If you like classical, go on A10. It's a treble shape iem but I prefer than zs10 pro

Yeah...was asking for personal impressions....if ya dig it or not. Ya know.
Don't really care about either CCA or KZ to be honnest, its like fast food for fast enjoyment, some have more flavor, stilll too salty or too sweet.
I feel it lack highs in fact.
But yeah, its listenable KZ stuffs.
If i like classical, wich i am, I go Final Audio Design.
Or Oriolus Finschi most probably.
Or Tinaudio T2.
Anything but KZ-CCA in fact.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #24,918 of 33,689
Yeah...was asking for personal impressions....if ya dig it or not. Ya know.
Don't really care about either CCA or KZ to be honnest, its like fast food for fast enjoyment, some have more flavor, stilll too salty or too sweet.
I feel it lack highs in fact.
But yeah, its listenable KZ stuffs.
If i like classical, wich i am, I go Final Audio Design.
Or Oriolus Finschi most probably.
Or Tinaudio T2.
Anything but KZ-CCA in fact.

Clearly this quick replacement is indecent. For me they are the xiaomi of iem. Few arrangements is enough for kz to sell a new iem. But for 40€ this iem is good for

Kz as16/CCA c16 is an excellent example. Difference are so light...

Tin Audio T3 is Farly better than T2. Technically and on the tonality it just absolutely different. I appreciate them but not the T2

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #24,919 of 33,689

I do not think the ZS10 is a CCA C10 "upgrade". C10 have a wider and warmer presentation with less emphasized treble. Timbre is different as well imho.
About the Ash, i agree. Timbre is ok, but technical performance could be easily overpassed by other IEMs in that price range.
The A10 is simply superb honestly, i didn't think i could like something like the A10 but hey, it'a really undervalued and deserves much more attention as it's being darkened by the hype of other products.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #24,920 of 33,689
Couldn't have said it better. Currently waiting on my MMCX parts so I can turn them into wireless IEMs :)
I am interested in this part. I have seen lot of folks trying to make mmcx earphones wireless and after the first day they all return to wired as the cheap wireless Chinese cables all sound I inferior to the wired sound. I am yet to hear a surprise.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #24,921 of 33,689
I do not think the ZS10 is a CCA C10 "upgrade". C10 have a wider and warmer presentation with less emphasized treble. Timbre is different as well imho.
About the Ash, i agree. Timbre is ok, but technical performance could be easily overpassed by other IEMs in that price range.
The A10 is simply superb honestly, i didn't think i could like something like the A10 but hey, it'a really undervalued and deserves much more attention as it's being darkened by the hype of other products.

For me c10 have more intimate presentation, zs10 pro "fix" this, slightly less bass and up treble, where the c10 is less elevated. Like a corrected Iem upgrade.

For the Ash, you compare to which iem ?

A10 in don't know the hype, just to them and see few opinions, they are appreciate, and me too, for this treble performance at this price. But on metal music, they have lack of detail in mids.
Kbear kb10 seems slightly more bassy and warm

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #24,922 of 33,689
Seem BGVP is giving refunds for defective DM7:

100$ cable for everyone with 1st batch faulty mmcx connector?

LMAO - get real! That cable is worth A LOT less. What a joke.

And then they use it all as "deal" advertisement to further sell their products?

BGVP - get Your QC fixed and stop producing faulty products. Geesh! ;S

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #24,923 of 33,689
100$ cable for everyone with 1st batch faulty mmcx connector?

LMAO - get real! That cable is worth A LOT less. What a joke.

And then they use it all as "deal" advertisement to further sell their products?

BGVP - get Your QC fixed and stop producing faulty products. Geesh! ;S

I don't own any BGVP products, so can't comment on the quality (both sound wise and build wise), but i notice a lot of BGVP products being sold in the for sale section of headfi. Not sure if it is overhyped or the owners found something better.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #24,924 of 33,689
I don't own any BGVP products, so can't comment on the quality (both sound wise and build wise), but i notice a lot of BGVP products being sold in the for sale section of headfi. Not sure if it is overhyped or the owners found something better.
I was also pointing to previous DM6 production issues... now DM7.
And that 100$ "bargain" cable is better than nothing for the trouble consumer must go through because of faulty product... but C´mon? 100$ cable? Sorry, It sounds like 100$ worth of BS.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #24,925 of 33,689
For me c10 have more intimate presentation, zs10 pro "fix" this, slightly less bass and up treble, where the c10 is less elevated. Like a corrected Iem upgrade.

For the Ash, you compare to which iem ?

A10 in don't know the hype, just to them and see few opinions, they are appreciate, and me too, for this treble performance at this price. But on metal music, they have lack of detail in mids.
Kbear kb10 seems slightly more bassy and warm

Okay. Mmmmmm.

You get me curious about A10 now....do you have the Tripowin TP10 to compare them too?? Its 5bas too...and, well, first impressions aren't particularly eulogistic...quite compressed sound. Need give them other chances (unfortunately).

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #24,927 of 33,689
Okay. Mmmmmm.

You get me curious about A10 now....do you have the Tripowin TP10 to compare them too?? Its 5bas too...and, well, first impressions aren't particularly eulogistic...quite compressed sound. Need give them other chances (unfortunately).

Just kbear kb10 but I didn't listen them on a long time.

I see some review on tripowin but clearly not harsh in first time.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cca-a10.23780/reviews

I'm agree on this review for the treble part but I find the bass more toward than c16. Not absent but not very lively. For me they stay relatively correct and alive for electronic music.

I don't know the difference of tuning comparing to A10, but I didn't have any fatiguing listening or peaky treble. I find the treble of A10 very good and natural, with a toward mids and treble. It's a cold tonality iem.

It's different of a overboost of treble frequency

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #24,928 of 33,689
Okay. Mmmmmm.

FWIW, I have the A10, TP10 and KB10 and they all measure identically 100%. I think I can hear some very subtle differences between them but any differences are so small as to be almost insignificant i.e. if you don't like the tonality of one you won't like any of them and likewise if you like one you will like them all.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #24,929 of 33,689
FWIW, I have the A10, TP10 and KB10 and they all measure identically 100%. I think I can hear some very subtle differences between them but any differences are so small as to be almost insignificant i.e. if you don't like the tonality of one you won't like any of them and likewise if you like one you will like them all.

Really? what the heck.....
So KB, KZ and Tripowin are all the same brand I guess....was finding it curious to receive ZS10 PRO with the Tripowin too....
Well, will probably dont like TP10 if sound do not improve with burn in. Find whole sound very congested.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #24,930 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back