Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #24,901 of 33,689
I have to imagine the Ti sounds different then No3. I mean I have had JVC FXT100 and JVC FXT200 and the only difference between them was some little titanium rings and they both sounded completely different. FXT200 has thunderous bass, and insanely extended and peaky treble that IMO was just nasty. Same shell, same drivers. Same can be said for the Yamaha EPH M100 and the M200. Same shell same driver, but the M200 has titanium nozzle. The m200 has a more extended treble and a much larger stage with a tighter lowend then the M100. Only difference is that little bit of metal.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #24,902 of 33,689
Seem BGVP is giving refunds for defective DM7:

3w793SI.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #24,903 of 33,689
Well I mean, they don't actually sound like the MH755, I was only speaking very very generally. The tonality is completely different, with the KPE being more balanced and neutral. Yes the MH755 is hyped, but it's only $3. The low cost justifies the hype.

Indeed the low cost does justify the 'hype'. Through a decent DAP (eg DX80) it's sweet as pie with very nice vocals, a nice bass tone and soundstage. Maybe the treble could be a little more present....but it's £4.99 ***.

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #24,904 of 33,689
I received Kinera Sif today. Package is great as always, it looks like a cake lol. :p Shells feel little cheap but they are (30€/$33) and cable is quite decent. Very comfy with Nicehck-foams.

First sound impressions: Warm-ish and quite midbassy, bass is fairly extended and subs seem to somewhat improve with little EQ boost. These have a sense of upper mid forwardness like Idun does which I dont mind but it might start to fatigue on higher volumes in some tracks. Someone mentioned harsh vocals but I dont really hear them like that, vocal sibilance can be detected here and there. Little grainy at times (depends heavily on the track and used tips). Fortunately treble dont seem to have any remarkable harshness or stridency on it. Soundstage is indeed quite good especially when considering the price.

I cant really say are these good or bad yet but at least I cant immediately hate them, I have to listen more.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #24,905 of 33,689
:point_right: My MT100 Planar in-ear earphone review is up! :writing_hand::smile:

P_20190630_190700_1_1.jpgP_20190630_190639_1.jpg

About the MT100:

The MT100 is a planar in-ear earphone with one planar orthodynamic diaphragm drive unit plus one BA armature each side for smooth transitioning between higher frequencies. The earphones are made up of metal alloy housing with detachable left and right cables. Planar earphones are one of the newest and more advanced drivers among high end full-size headphones and are basically open back sounding, which means you’ll get the best listening experience and best sound possible, but with the cost of sound leak coming from the back vents of the ear cups. Though, most in-ear monitors are mostly closed-back with close to no sound leak, the MT100 are slightly open-back replicating the same principles as a full-size planar headphone in this same manner. To give my most honest and fair review possible, I gave the MT100 at least 100 hours of play-time making sure that both the diaphragms and BA armatures were thoroughly broken-in to perform at their best.

O1CN011ESnTTnqG7h3WXl_!!125780351.jpg *PIC is courtesy of Mr. Cao for the MT100

SOUND SIGNATURE:
The sound signature of the MT100, as mentioned above, has an eerily similar sound signature to that of a full-size planar headphone. It demonstrates the full potential of a perfectly neutral and natural sounding sound signature where all frequencies work in perfect harmony to bring you the best of your selected choice of music leaving you wanting more as you listen along.

P_20190630_190142_1.jpgP_20190701_022447_1_1.jpg
P_20190630_190649_2.jpgP_20190630_190748_1.jpg

PACKAGE:
In the package you get a nice, bigger than average, carry case; small-medium-large silicone ear tips, detachable silver/copper cables with a shirt-clip, and two left and right MT100 housing units with the left housing unit “dotted blue” to indicate “left”, and the right housing unit “dotted red” to indicate “right”.

PRICE:
Price may vary according to the store your purchasing from, but do expect to pay from a range estimated from the lowest price point I found of $120 US dollars or more according to Aliexpress online shopping. Unfortunately, on taobao online shopping it starts at a slightly higher price, which is 1,288 RMB or more ($187.28 US dollars or more).

HTB15w2wXIfrK1Rjy1Xdq6yemFXaM.jpg *PIC is courtesy of Mr. Cao for the MT100

SOUND:
BASS

I must say, when I first listened to the bass, I wasn’t expecting such beautiful, rich and detailed bass. It carries excellent bass tones from sub-bass, bass, and MID bass with no MID-bass bleed, whatsoever! The bass brings good body, texture and fullness as a whole to most, if not all of my selected genre!

MIDs
The midrange carries a lively approach to vocals and even a variety of instruments, especially if you are listening to a prerecorded live performance track. They can really exploit the finest and fullness of male and female vocals with breath-taking natural accuracy.

HIGHS
With the MT100, it only gets better with natural sounding high-pitch details that come across as effortless and wholesome with a touch of transparency, air, and crispiness that falls nothing short of amazing!

HTB1qh5UXU_rK1Rjy0Fcq6zEvVXaB(2).jpg *Planar plus BA armature PIC is courtesy of Mr. Cao for the MT100

SOUNDSTAGE AND RESOLUTION
The MT100 has some of the best soundstage I’ve heard when compared to traditional dynamic drivers and BA balanced armatures probably due to the planar’s involvement and improvement towards the wide soundstage combined with the neutral sound signature across the board, while depth and frontal stage is better than average. The resolution is quite revealing overall with richness, transparency, and details. So, it’s no wonder these are practically a steal for the price!

COMPARISONS:
TINAUDIO T2
vs MT100
Tinaudio T2 is a perfect example of a good neutral sounding earphone for such a low price, when it was such a big hit a little over a year ago among Chi-Fi members. But, the MT100 demonstrates dominancy over the T2 when it comes to accuracy, richness, and details. It’s just better and more mature sounding in all areas, IMHO!

**** vs MT100
Coming from the same company, the **** was making headlines just six months ago for its triple drive system, which contained a dynamic driver, a BA armature, and piezo tweeter each side greatly improving some areas of details in the MID and treble region with excellent results. But, the MT100 reveals even more throughout the whole frequency leaving nothing but pure musicality and brilliancy of your favorite choice of songs!

CCA C16 vs MT100
The CCA C16 is another neutral champion with a nice upper clear range where all the BA’s work together to create nice continues harmony. But, the MT100 brings a touch of accuracy and precision to the table that’s hard to match when no EQ is needed or applied. The MT100 can be considered to be neutral GIANTS, IMHO!

PROS:
Excellent neutral and natural sound signature, well made metal alloy housing, nicely made silver/copper detachable cables with left and right color markers (L-blue, R-red) for easy wear, ...finally, these are planar earphones and very competitive at its price point!

CONS:
Rear vent sound leakage may discourage those looking for completely sealed or noise reduction in-ear earphones, though the leakage is quite minimal!

SPECIAL THANKS:
I want to express special thanks to Mr. Cao for sending the MT100 to me for a special discount in return for an honest review, and a special shout-out to head-fi member, ‘Tamerlan’ for considering the MT100 for review.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you want more information on the MT100 other than what’s specified above, just send me a personal message. I am limited to answer other request on this thread. Thank you for understanding.

Hope this review can be of help towards your next purchase...

-Clear :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #24,907 of 33,689
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #24,910 of 33,689
I was hoping the same thing, but they just keep coming to my door step. :sweat_smile:
you are chosen one, i have only one free review unit (Simgot EM1) and i didn't like it, probably not gonna get review units in the future because i wrote in the title "You can do better" :grimacing:

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #24,911 of 33,689
Indeed the low cost does justify the 'hype'. Through a decent DAP (eg DX80) it's sweet as pie with very nice vocals, a nice bass tone and soundstage. Maybe the treble could be a little more present....but it's £4.99 ***.

Couldn't have said it better. Currently waiting on my MMCX parts so I can turn them into wireless IEMs :)

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #24,913 of 33,689
I wait no3 ti too... I'll compare them to **** topaz and CCA c16. I don't know TFZ for the moment but I think it will be a good discover.

I'm disappointed of kz as16 comparing to CCA c16. They are more brilliant and it have an impact on the bass which is more analytics and less engaging. But the difference is so light that I think it's not a good choice.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #24,914 of 33,689
Just wondering: Did ZS10 PRO pass it for you?

First impressions aren't that bad from me.

(im shamefull to admit it)

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #24,915 of 33,689
Listening to this sound kinda DOPE:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back