Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 15, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #24,886 of 33,689
Hype train slowing down... but not stopping as I`m sure No.3 is improvement over IT01 for only 10$ more :)
Pity that moondrop pulled plug on KPE... imho they should have just improved its housing to KXXS level of quality as some still think that KPE isn`t inferior to KXXS, just slightly different tuning being sidegrade. Btw, if someone didn`t notice, my latest notes about KPE tape-mod from Moondrop thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...ressions-thread.894139/page-240#post-15063386
I really really hope my no.3 ti which is coming in a matter of days is an improvement over the regular no.3. I will find out soon as I will have them to compare against my oxygen/kpe and will notice how the stage and vocals keep up.

But what I am really trying to find out is if front vent modded kpe is exactly the same sounding as kxxs since the kxxs is a little bit bass boosted version of kpe.

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #24,887 of 33,689
Hype train slowing down... but not stopping as I`m sure No.3 is improvement over IT01 for only 10$ more :)
Pity that moondrop pulled plug on KPE... imho they should have just improved its housing to KXXS level of quality as some still think that KPE isn`t inferior to KXXS, just slightly different tuning being sidegrade. Btw, if someone didn`t notice, my latest notes about KPE tape-mod from Moondrop thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...ressions-thread.894139/page-240#post-15063386

It's fun reading impressions the BGGAR thinks it's an upgrade instead of a sidegrade.
lmoOwF5.png

Since the KXXS' driver voice-coil is also different than KPE's driver, the changes in tightness/smoothness must be something slightly different than KPE. But... the lack of lip on the nozzle and full metal shell are a red flag for me nowadays, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #24,888 of 33,689
Jul 15, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #24,889 of 33,689
But what I am really trying to find out is if front vent modded kpe is exactly the same sounding as kxxs since the kxxs is a little bit bass boosted version of kpe.
Not only... it seems to have little better extension up from 4.3+kHz that some may like.
It's fun the BGGAR thinks it's an upgrade instead of a sidegrade.
Since the KXXS' driver voice-coil is also different than KPE's driver, the changes in tightness/smoothness must be something slightly different than KPE. But... the lack of lip on the nozzle and full metal shell are a red flag for me nowadays, unfortunately.
And then he also thinks Ti version is not really different from No.3... go figure.

Like they say - YMMV :wink:

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #24,891 of 33,689
Oh no wait... Don't tell me you have received yours already! You will be the first person aside from hbb to have both side by side but I am way more interested in your thoughts as we both have oxygen/kpe and like them alot.

I don't care much for the regular one tbh but the Ti is on another level IMO, at least as good as the O2 I'd say.

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #24,892 of 33,689
Did you find the no.3 to have a small stage and little bit recessed mids like some say?

not so small and intimate, they are average or above average but i cant consider as large. KP is larger in soundstage for comparison.

I have been using the TFZ No. 3 for 2 weeks and the soundstage is average for an IEM. The lower mids are slightly recessed but the upper mids are actually boosted, so female vocals are more forward than male voices usually.

this is correct, mirror my impression of no 3

The stage is fairly intimate but the mids don't really feel recessed to me, although they do sit behind the bass depending on the song.

yes, mids actually aren't that recessed, just they're being overshadowed by bass sometimes

I don't care much for the regular one tbh but the Ti is on another level IMO, at least as good as the O2 I'd say.

wow you got yours already, better than O2? or still the tanchjim above them? would like to hear your detailed impressions

note : im using JVC spiral dots on my No3 : to tamed mid bass bleed and maybe soften that 8khz peak so i dont find it harsh, and might made soundstage a little bigger.

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #24,893 of 33,689
Very very glad to hear that! In what ways do they differ? I'm particularly interested in vocals and soundstage. I would love an oxygen sounding iem with more liveliness, slightly more stage and maybe a bit more clarity.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #24,894 of 33,689
wow you got yours already, better than O2? or still the tanchjim above them? would like to hear your detailed impressions

Well they aren't polite like the O2, tuning is different, but purely on technicality they are at least as good as the O2 IMO. I haven/t listened to the O2 (or KP for that matter) in a while so maybe take this with a grain of salt, probably just placebo effect due to price, expectation bias and the terrific looks of both the earpieces and cable.

Very very glad to hear that! In what ways do they differ? I'm particularly interested in vocals and soundstage. I would love an oxygen sounding iem with more liveliness, slightly more stage and maybe a bit more clarity.

Due to being more v-shaped than O2, you'll sure get all that but male vocals are a bit behind I think and aren't particularly thick, despite the strong bass, brightness is quite dominant (as with the other TFZs I have).

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #24,895 of 33,689
And then he also thinks Ti version is not really different from No.3... go figure.
Like they say - YMMV :wink:

Well, I do remember someone suggested to him to "record" the Ti vs stock so we could spot the differences but apparently, he kind of forgot about that.

I would love an oxygen sounding iem with more liveliness, slightly more stage and maybe a bit more clarity.

Out of curiosity, what tips are you using on your O2? IMHO using JVC Spiral Dots the stage got about 15-20% wider and the clarity that I was missing it was due to the filter. For $10 on Penon you can get 3 sizes (for an extra slam, you can mod them into hybrids) definitely it worth a try if you're feeling that "almost" there feeling.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #24,896 of 33,689
Well they aren't polite like the O2, tuning is different, but purely on technicality they are at least as good as the O2 IMO. I haven/t listened to the O2 (or KP for that matter) in a while so maybe take this with a grain of salt, probably just placebo effect due to price, expectation bias and the terrific looks of both the earpieces and cable.

Due to being more v-shaped than O2, you'll sure get all that but male vocals are a bit behind I think and aren't particularly thick, despite the strong bass, brightness is quite dominant (as with the other TFZs I have).
Thank you! This does seem like a typical tfz thing. The way you explain It reminds me a bit of the tfz queen I have but a much better version. The male vocals being behind would be a problem (probably should of went for the kxxs instead aha) but lets see once it arrives. Appreciate your response.

@Makahl Thanks for the advice! I will definitely get a pair of those eartips and hopefully all goes well. My only main issue with the oxygen is that it is too gentle and dark sounding for me but everything else is absolutely spectacular.

Btw I'm using the grey silicone tips that came with my toneking t4. It gives all my iems a little bit more bass and thicker mids and also for some reason with that particular eartip I feel more stronger imaging aswell making the soundstage more realistic.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #24,897 of 33,689
Glad to see you enjoying the No.3 Ti. It is just on another level compared to the No.3. Enjoy!

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #24,898 of 33,689
Glad to see you enjoying the No.3 Ti. It is just on another level compared to the No.3. Enjoy!

i assure you ,will feel and hear the difference :)

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #24,899 of 33,689
Thanks for confirming the mh755 is hyped

Well I mean, they don't actually sound like the MH755, I was only speaking very very generally. The tonality is completely different, with the KPE being more balanced and neutral. Yes the MH755 is hyped, but it's only $3. The low cost justifies the hype.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #24,900 of 33,689
Just popped in here to give an update from about 4-5-6 years ago when I was in my iem shop-a-holic prime...

What I still listen to and consider great finds are (from cheapest to most expensive). I gave them a small grading aswell;

Tingo IE/FL800 (broke last week...) ($11)
Havi B3 ($50)
TFZ Exclusive series 5 ($65)
Magaosi K1 ($75)
DQSM D2 (crapstorm / banned sellers and never to speak about them again but they are fantastic in my book!) ($115)
Mee Audio Meelectronics Pinnacle P1 ($145)

What I´ve pretty much discarded;

Anything KZ (sorry, I have about 10 different KZ iems and they all sound off to me...)
All ****...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back