1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. baskingshark
    Thanks for the graphs. I always wanted to compare these three, thanks for the initial impressions.

I found the TFZ no. 3 a bit V shaped initially for the first few days. But after listening for a week or so it became more U shaped for me and the mids opened up. I am undecided about burn in (maybe it is brain burn in for me?) but the TFZ no. 3 got better for me, so I'm glad I gave it a chance.

I don't own either of the moondrops but am considering it sometime in the future if my budget allows. But it seems unfortunate that Moondrop is stopping production of the kansas pro, so we might only be left with the KXXS in the future.

I look forward to your detailed reviews for these guys!

2. HunterT
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. audio123
    My take on the iBasso DC01. Excellent product with outstanding price-performance ratio that makes it a no-brainer. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-07-14_22-12-48.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  4. SuperLuigi
    A 5 page review? That's a silly way to get extra clicks. Than you finish off by saying "The iBasso DC01 is an excellent product with outstanding price-performance ratio that makes it a no-brainer" but not once did you mention how much it cost.

The whole thing reads like a paid advertisement.

5. Slater
  6. FastAndClean
    especially if you have your own site for them and you give links for purchase

baskingshark and SuperLuigi like this.
  7. mbwilson111
    I wish that all reviewers would include the price in the title of the review or at least in the first couple of sentences. I hate spending time reading a long review and then finding out that the iems are two or three times more expensive than I would consider paying. Wastes my time.

8. CoiL
    110% on same page! I also "hate" when I have to spend time finding PRICE of the thing. I gave up searching it from reviews long time ago and first thing I do is copy the name of product and google its price.

9. SuperLuigi
    Price is the single most important thing to the average consumer, yet its rarely mentioned in reviews from these chi-fi review sites.

But that reivew by @audio123 feels especially frustrating. How do you recommend something so strongly, and say things like "outstanding price-performance ratio" but you don't even know the price of it. If you read the comments on the site, the reviewer clearly states they don't know the price point. But they feel okay saying things like price/performance. What an absolute joke.

10. SoundChoice
    "The Audio Tickler 9000, a copy of which was provided to me from the very helpful Marge at Tickler Technologies, is one of the finest IEMs in its class, which I won't hint at by naming other IEMs also in this grouping. 10 years ago, it would have cost $12,995 or the price of a small European car. However, with the phenomenal advances in Chi-Fi and advances in technology gleaned from NASA from satellites and maybe found in a USB drive on the International Space Station, the AT9000 is at the pinnacle of the price point to performance ratio, for its price.1

Rating: an always enthusiastic * * * * *

1 The amazing price will be revealed to you once you put the product in your shopping cart, which I've conveniently assisted with by providing a link HERE

11. thrgk
    Anyone know a good pair of shallow fit IEMs? My IT04 were too large but my NuForce EDM fit perfect. I was gonna get hem6 but figured there might be better option with same she'll type

12. snip3r77
    Thanks for confirming the mh755 is hyped

superuser1 likes this.
  13. alvinlim2010
    I agree. Audio123 reviews sometimes just feel like a compilation of hyped phrases and words that mean little, when you do not even mention specific parts in the song that you are referring to.

Otto Motor, DannyBai and peter123 like this.
  14. audio123
    Firstly, there are no ads on my site so extra clicks do not mean anything. I just feel different pages for different sections are more organized. There was a period in which the reviews are single page only. Secondly, the product SRP may vary due to regions & different distributors. Given how there are variations, I choose to opt it out but it is definitely under a certain price point, hence outstanding price-performance ratio. Finally, you are affiliated with another review site indirectly and the site promotes business ads at the footer. I have my own rationale and unlike someone, I do not impose my opinions on others. Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  15. peter123
    Amen to that! I also read a review there of a pair of IEM's with a filter system without the filters being mentioned, to me this kind of sums up the details (or lack of) reviews over there......

Yet this seems to be a popular site so most people don't seem to care about that.

alvinlim2010 likes this.