Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #24,950 of 33,689
I received Kinera Sif today. Package is great as always, it looks like a cake lol. :p Shells feel little cheap but they are (30€/$33) and cable is quite decent. Very comfy with Nicehck-foams.

First sound impressions: Warm-ish and quite midbassy, bass is fairly extended and subs seem to somewhat improve with little EQ boost. These have a sense of upper mid forwardness like Idun does which I dont mind but it might start to fatigue on higher volumes in some tracks. Someone mentioned harsh vocals but I dont really hear them like that, vocal sibilance can be detected here and there. Little grainy at times (depends heavily on the track and used tips). Fortunately treble dont seem to have any remarkable harshness or stridency on it. Soundstage is indeed quite good especially when considering the price.

I cant really say are these good or bad yet but at least I cant immediately hate them, I have to listen more.

Updated impressions: I think im starting to like these, imo they sound better with silicone tips (im using them with Symbio-silicones atm). Foams (like those big Nicehck-foams) make them sound kind of grainy and muddy at least to my ears. They have better clarity and cleaner sound overall with silicones. People dont lie, the soundstage is impressive on these and I raise my eyebrows frequently when im hearing things from distances where I wasnt expecting to hear them. They have also admirably good separation and imaging for a budget in-ear and I havent found a track yet that would cause any serious amounts of congestion or clutter and they seem to handle tracks with multiple instruments pretty easily but I havent really tested their limits yet. There is plenty of midbass which doesnt bother me and sub-bass can be improved to a decent degree with EQ. Only real "flaw" ive found yet is that upper mids and treble can get a bit too in-your-face or sibilant on higher volumes but its very track- and volume dependent and borders uncomfortable listening levels for me personally. I have to compare them to Idun some day and see how they hold up. :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #24,951 of 33,689
Updated impressions: I think im starting to like these, imo they sound better with silicone tips (im using them with Symbio-silicones atm). Foams (like those big Nicehck-foams) make them sound kind of grainy and muddy at least to my ears. They have better clarity and definition with silicones. People dont lie, the soundstage is impressive on these and I raise my eyebrows frequently when im hearing things from distances where I wasnt expecting to hear them. They have also admirably good separation and imaging for a budget in-ear and I havent found a track yet that would cause any serious amounts of congestion or clutter. There is plenty of midbass which doesnt bother me and sub-bass can be improved to a decent degree with EQ. Only real "flaw" ive found yet is that upper mids and treble can get a bit too in-your-face or sibilant on higher volumes but its very track dependent and borders uncomfortable listening levels for me personally. I have to compare them to Idun some day and see how they hold up. :)
male vocals sound thin with them, agree about the treble, not for treble sensitive people, they are so fun though, dat soundstage

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #24,952 of 33,689
male vocals sound thin with them, agree about the treble, not for treble sensitive people, they are so fun though, dat soundstage

Yeah treble can get a bit too much but its tolerable on lower to moderate volumes and voices in general sound little thin. Vocals dont really stand out to me. I think Idun has similar basic problems in the treble and upper mids (maybe to a slightly lesser degree) but to my ears they have more full bodied sound, although im using them with foams which probably smoothens the sound a bit. I have to do another comparison with silicons on both.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #24,954 of 33,689
NS Audio NS5 DreamBridge review.

My blog: LINK
Here: LINK

_DSC2313.jpg _DSC2321.jpg _DSC2331.jpg _DSC2347.jpg

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #24,957 of 33,689
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #24,958 of 33,689
I am really curious if one can comment about MH755 and XB50AP, which I quite liked before my ChiFi journey (and still respectfully appreciate now).

Here is an excerpt from my gear list:

Sony MH755 - orange, pink, green, yellow - all recabled (by HungryPanda)
Sony MDR-XB50AP - blue

I could try to compare a little over the weekend. It is late now and I am tired and forgot to eat dinner.... it happens when my husband is working night shift.. Just earbuds now for me tonight.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #24,959 of 33,689
I'm going to London CanJam on Saturday, and you can pay on the day
He he, please have a pint on me.

There was a recent point made that the single most interesting thing of a review is the price of the reviewed item. When I wrote my first review, my mentor HifiChris was adamant the price should be in the specifications to be found most easily. And it has been in there since.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #24,960 of 33,689
Hence, I present another budget-friendly ($10) but capable single DD alternative: The Sony MH755 have more low-end grunt but these Philips are better balanced and have a wider soundstage (to my ears).

Philips SHE7050.

Here we are. Too early to say much but they are certainly no disappointment. Definitely a good recommendation.

IMG_0518.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back