CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 20, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #16,966 of 31,833
Whatever is in my ears at the time.... sometimes one of the ones that my husband has made for me...

Do you really think there is one answer to your question?

Maybe... this one so you can see if this commonly used shell fits you and if you like buds... it is a starting point that many are familiar with...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...Y-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds/32887565850.html

or, many people have been loving this one lately.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...rplugs-Earbud-Metal-Earphone/32869066191.html
Ok ok, let's give earbuds one more try. :D

Eyeing the EMX500 now, and the Qian25 and Qian69... or should I really avoid one and try another low budget intro pair?

By the way: switched from the Crescent, ZSN and **** I've been listening much to lately, to the QT2 again yesterday. Wow. Just wow. How I love its full bodied, detailed, wide-soundstaged sound.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #16,967 of 31,833
I will also add that I found an Aliexpress seller that has the Magaosi K3 Pro for $67.

By the time you use the $2 store coupon + $5 Aliexpress coupon the final price is $60. That’s a crazy deal for the K3 Pro, as I paid $110 for mine when it 1st came out.

So anyone interested in this IEM, they can save a few bucks over the Monoprice version. Be aware that I don’t know exactly how the Monoprice version is different (cable, tips, etc). I can only speak for the Magaosi version.

Anyways, it’s a great IEM, and as others have pointed out the filters provide versatility in the sound signature.

Here’s the dedicated thread on it. Plenty of details, impressions, etc.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/magaosi-k3-pro-impressions-and-discussions-thread.839011/

Meh, lack of a single picture on the first post in that thread = immediate lost of interest.

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #16,968 of 31,833
Meh, lack of a single picture on the first post in that thread = immediate lost of interest.
Is it so hard to make one click on any link provided at first post?
I`m more and more amazed how lazy ppl can be...

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #16,969 of 31,833
So my review of NiceHCK N3 is done. If you go to my site there a comparaison with **** (not included in headfi review):https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-n3.23557/reviews#review-21776

I have a bipolar relationship with the N3 depending on type of music I listen to as well as the DAP I use.

Its a very capricious earphones, but when you hit the sweet spot miracle of musicality can happen....not suggested as an all arounder tough.

If your into soft timbre with extra upper highs sparkle playing in an immense and airy soundstage with great imaging, I think it worth a try, but if you search for perfect all arounder, its a pass.....(for a **** perhaps?).
i've continued to spend time with the n3 (love the fit and build), but still can't get acclimated to the tuning--they do present a lot of highend information and can extend quite low, but often sound disjointed, with excessive treble glare. it's as if they're an experimental model which need to be refined in future iterations. that said, there's something about them that keeps me trying to hit that sweet spot

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #16,970 of 31,833
Just when i decided to bite the bullet :frowning2: Its 67.33 now

That is because the batch of MP80s that was being fulfilled by Amazon UK sold out due to the talk in here. It was most likely a pricing error that will not be repeated. The one you see now is coming from the States and is the normal price.

Ok ok, let's give earbuds one more try. :D

Eyeing the EMX500 now, and the Qian25 and Qian69... or should I really avoid one and try another low budget intro pair?

You really need to come to the bud side.... enter the earbud thread:) The ones you are eyeing are all good.. I have them all:) Another combo well worth considering would be the RY4S and the Remax RM-303. I recently got the Remax and find its shell to be extremely comfortable and it sounds great.

My husband and I each got one from here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/REM...arbuds-For-iPhone-Smartphone/32850645863.html

There are several color and cable choices for the RY4S... mine happens to be the 4th option with the UE cable. I think my husband has the red one with the silver cable. We both love ours.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RY4...e-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm/32820438211.html

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #16,971 of 31,833

LOL, no, no, it worked to my advantage, trust me. :D The last thing I need is another IEM.. .or headphone. :smile:

As someone who is visually stimulated, I'm used to threads on a piece of gear having inline pictures -- they almost always do.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #16,972 of 31,833
That is because the batch of MP80s that was being fulfilled by Amazon UK sold out due to the talk in here. It was most likely a pricing error that will not be repeated. The one you see now is coming from the States and is the normal price.

You really need to come to the bud side.... enter the earbud thread:) The ones you are eyeing are all good.. I have them all:) Another combo well worth considering would be the RY4S and the Remax RM-303. I recently got the Remax and find its shell to be extremely comfortable and it sounds great.

My husband and I each got one from here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/REM...arbuds-For-iPhone-Smartphone/32850645863.html

There are several color and cable choices for the RY4S... mine happens to be the 4th option with the UE cable. I think my husband has the red one with the silver cable. We both love ours.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RY4...e-MX500-style-earphone-3-5mm/32820438211.html

just about the right time i also wanna try to jump in, i got my first bud vido on the way, never had proper earbud. is willsound MK2 really that good? better than RY4S, vido, EMX500? what is the best bud under $100?

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #16,973 of 31,833
LOL, no, no, it worked to my advantage, trust me. :D The last thing I need is another IEM.. .or headphone. :smile:

As someone who is visually stimulated, I'm used to threads on a piece of gear having inline pictures -- they almost always do.

Well, we still have to find you a good bud. How is this for a first page...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/

Scroll through... visually stimulated? or, overwhelmed?

just about the right time i also wanna try to jump in, i got my first bud vido on the way, never had proper earbud. is willsound MK2 really that good? better than RY4S, vido, EMX500? what is the best bud under $100?

I don't have the MK2. I do love my MK1 but ordering custom made buds is not the easiest way to start.

Best bud? I can't answer that. Too many good ones... I just like to enjoy my music so I don't try very hard to compare. Start with something you like the look of.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #16,974 of 31,833
Mar 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #16,975 of 31,833
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm looking for an bluetooth earbud about 20$. I will buy from AliExpress and my expectations are here:
1. I want earbud that not sitting in the ear canal. I can't use them.
2. I'm Iooking for a balanced headphone like EarPods. I know they are not the best and not giving the best sound, but I think they give balanced bass-mid-treble. I also have Sennheiser MX475 and I like it's sound too. Their sound characteristics are the best for me.

I have found two earphones by the way. Wavefun Flex 2 and Baseus S16. I don't know them, I just like their look. Do you know about these headphones? Or could you give some advices?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #16,976 of 31,833

Ughh I didn’t feel like reading your whole post.

As soon as I saw “Is it so hard” I just gave up reading the rest because it was way too much work.

Lol

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #16,978 of 31,833
What the heck with this MP80...get me curious...but couldn't find the crazy cheap price you talk about...like 20 pounds??

Fall on FIIO F9 Special Edition for 55$ instead on Amazon.com....and must run away from my laptop. It became unhealty.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #16,979 of 31,833
What the heck with this MP80...get me curious...but couldn't find the crazy cheap price you talk about...like 20 pounds??

After harry mentioned it in the thread, it was only on Amazon UK for a day before they were gone. Now you can only see the normally priced one that ships from the States.... so... too late....

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #16,980 of 31,833

Fall on FIIO F9 Special Edition for 55$ instead on Amazon.com....and must run away from my laptop. It became unhealty.

What’s the difference with the special edition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back