CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #16,936 of 31,833
This is true until you hit the N3, then a few peaks start appearing. Worse news is the Piezo seems to be the least susceptible to EQ of the three common drivers, (BA, Dynamic, Piezo) in my experience thus far.
That's interesting, I never use EQ though. What is impressive in the **** is the consistency of tonality across the three different drivers.

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #16,937 of 31,833
I think some people have had iems shipped from the UK to the US. What does it tell you if you put a UK one in your basket?

Also do you think the K3 and the MP80 are identical? Might the drivers be different?

I’m not sure about the drivers. It’s possible there are differences. For example the K3 Pro comes with 2 sound filters vs the Monoprice with 3. And there’s a Magaosi K3 “HD” that looks exactly the same but has slightly different treble tuning than the regular and Pro K3.

So the only way to know if it’s identical tuning or not would be for someone to directly A/B compare both.

As far as the UK to US shipping price, it was £4.88, so I went ahead and ordered a set of the Monoprices. Why not? Once it arrives, I’ll be able to directly compare the Monoprice with the Magaosi. Plus I’ll have some extra filters that I can swap between both IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #16,938 of 31,833
As far as the UK to US shipping price, it was £4.88, so I went ahead and ordered a set of the Monoprices. Why not? Once it arrives, I’ll be able to directly compare the Monoprice with the Magaosi. Plus I’ll have some extra filters that I can swap between both IEMs.

Cool... I noticed that a couple more of the MP80 sold this afternoon. Only 4 left in stock. I bet if they restock it will not be at that price.

So around $33 for those in the US to buy it from Amazon UK...may vary depending on the exact exchange rate that they use.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #16,939 of 31,833
Cool... I noticed that a couple more of the MP80 sold this afternoon. Only 4 left in stock. I bet if they restock it will not be at that price.

So around $33 for those in the US to buy it from Amazon UK...may vary depending on the exact exchange rate that they use.

Yes, with the exchange rate and currency conversion fee, my Visa was charged $34.28.

That’s a great price for an aluminum multi driver IEM with mmcx and 3 filters. Even if it’s not 100% identical to the Magaosi K3 drivers. For $34 shipped il happy to take a gamble and check it out.

Because if it DOES turn out to be exactly the same as the Magaosi K3, that’s a deal so good it should be illegal. My K3 Pro are worth every penny of the $110 I paid a few years ago.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #16,940 of 31,833
Even if it’s not 100% identical to the Magaosi K3 drivers. For $34 shipped il happy to take a gamble and check it out

Maybe it will be even better... :)

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #16,942 of 31,833
What's the link to those double-flanged eartips (or any other good alternative to go with a bulky pair of KZ earphones)?

If you search Aliexpress for

double silicone eartip

you’ll see a million.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #16,944 of 31,833
Looks like the stock of the Monoprice MP80 is dropping as I just bought one and added on the free months worth of prime :)

Wow, I just checked... only two left. Prime is great... somewhere along the line we seem to have ended up with Prime all the time and now we are really spoiled. Don't forget to cancel it if you do not plan to pay to continue.

@harry501501 will be surprised how many people have jumped on this deal.... all because of his recommendation:)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #16,945 of 31,833
Wow, I just checked... only two left. Prime is great... somewhere along the line we seem to have ended up with Prime all time and now we are really spoiled. Don't forget to cancel it if you do not plan to pay to continue.

@harry501501 will be surprised how many people have jumped on this deal.... all because of his recommendation:)

I will keep an eye on it so I won't forget to cancel as I have had prime before and never really used it.

£19.99 is a cheap price so I thought why not lol. Also I have not bought any earphones / iem's in a while.

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #16,946 of 31,833
I bit the bullet and bought an MP80 from Amazon UK. $52 CAD is the most I've ever spent on IEMs, so I'm hoping the value I get for my money will keep me happy to not buy any new IEMs for a while. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #16,947 of 31,833
I bit the bullet and bought an MP80 from Amazon UK. $52 CAD is the most I've ever spent on IEMs, so I'm hoping the value I get for my money will keep me happy to not buy any new IEMs for a while. Fingers crossed!

I think you got the last one using that deal... now Amazon UK is only offering to import it from the USA for around £70.

When I bought mine shortly after harry posted about them there were 13 of them...

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #16,948 of 31,833
I think you got the last one using that deal... now Amazon UK is only offering to import it from the USA for around £70.

When I bought mine shortly after harry posted about them there were 13 of them...

Ah, when I bought them first thing in the morning today, there were apparently still 4 available. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if the rest flew away soon after given all the buzz here. I consider myself lucky, even, that there were any left for grabs when I woke up.

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #16,949 of 31,833
Ah, when I bought them first thing in the morning today, there were apparently still 4 available. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if the rest flew away soon after given all the buzz here. I consider myself lucky, even, that there were any left for grabs when I woke up.

ah... because you had just posted I thought you meant you had just bought it... others were watching...all day....

Here is mine with two others that just arrived in the past few days. Actually, the one on the right (FAAEAL Crescent) arrived today and I have not had a chance to listen to them yet. I hope those cute tips work for me. The one on the left is the QT5. Loving what I have heard so far... have not yet decided for sure about tips.

I am pretty sure I will keep the KZ Starline tips on the MP80... using the gunmetal nozzles I feel no need to increase the bass so probably will only try the silver nozzle if I decide to try some Spinfit tips... or something different.

The pouch that comes with the MP80 is really nice but I prefer this type of case for iems. The pouch will be used for something else. I have another just like it that holds my Ruizu A50 dap which is the same size as a Shanling M1.

If you tap on the photo you can zoom in on details it you want.

10260713.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #16,950 of 31,833
ah... because you had just posted I thought you meant you had just bought it... others were watching...all day....

Here is mine with two others that just arrived in the past few days. Actually, the one on the right (FAAEAL Crescent) arrived today and I have not had a chance to listen to them yet. I hope those cute tips work for me. The one on the left is the QT5. Loving what I have heard so far... have not yet decided for sure about tips.

I am pretty sure I will keep the KZ Starline tips on the MP80... using the gunmetal nozzles I feel no need to increase the bass so probably will only try the silver nozzle if I decide to try some Spinfit tips... or something different.

The pouch that comes with the MP80 is really nice but I prefer this type of case for iems. The pouch will be used for something else. I have another just like it that holds my Ruizu A50 dap which is the same size as a Shanling M1.

Looking good! Interesting that the case would fit the Ruizu A50! I'll have to try it out if my package arrives safe and sound! Hm... do you know if KZ Whirlwind tips fit alright on the MP80? I hear the nozzles of the MP80 are short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back