CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 18, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #16,922 of 31,833
Probably as I found them to harsh with silicone tips.

I could have spent more time trying some other tips on the A7 but by then everyone else was getting it a lot cheaper so I was annoyed that I had paid more. Decided it was not worth it at that point. They did seem harsh and at the time I had been enjoying a darker iem. The change was too much.

Now I need to check out these MP80s. I have been busy putting some new music on one of my DAPs so they have been waiting...

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #16,923 of 31,833
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #16,924 of 31,833
Guy, i'm kind of excited about the first real budget IEM from SHOZY....don't know why exactly...perhaps because of the look and all praising about other models that sell for more than 100$?

51661771_349435642328040_601624300342185837_n.jpg

Description

• It is jointly developed by Shozy and the domestic top horn team. It lasted for nearly 3 years. The medium frequency is comfortable, and it is very close to the real and comfortable simulation of vinyl. The volume of the vinly eartip cavity has been accurately calculated, practiced, trimmed, and the tuning filter imported from South Korea (expensive, good consistent, and strict of driver in and out), making the vinyl eartips sound natural and the sound field is regular. It is comfortable and resistant, and the "box taste" will be more concentrated.
  • 33 1/3, which is the speed of vinyl, representing 33 1/3 revolutions per minute. Therefore, Shozy vinyl eartips are named after "33 1/3".

Specification
  • Driver:10mm dynamic
  • Impedance: 16Ω
  • Sensitivity: 107 dB
  • Cable: sony 4n oxygen-free copper
Anyway, I like the look in fact...as a big vinyl fan myself hehe

And I'm excited about too much stuffs too....like the FINAL AUDIO E1000 that are freaking incredible sounding for 30$. Only drawback I can find is construction, wich is made of plastic...but its even more vocal centric than E2000. Less brighter on upper mids region toughs (even if E2000 are far from being ''chifi fowards'')

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #16,925 of 31,833
I think you'll like the piezoelectric sound. I have the Artiste DC1, Elecom CB1000 and ****. Piezo treble is airy, clean and crystalline with no harshness or peaks. Soundstage is three-dimensional and holographic. Incisive transient response with excellent detail. **** is the best of the three.

I am awaiting approval for cancellation now but i will reorder elsewhere when approved. I don’t want to end up with two same headphones :L3000:

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #16,927 of 31,833
I think you'll like the piezoelectric sound. I have the Artiste DC1, Elecom CB1000 and ****. Piezo treble is airy, clean and crystalline with no harshness or peaks. Soundstage is three-dimensional and holographic. Incisive transient response with excellent detail. **** is the best of the three.

This is true until you hit the N3, then a few peaks start appearing. Worse news is the Piezo seems to be the least susceptible to EQ of the three common drivers, (BA, Dynamic, Piezo) in my experience thus far.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #16,928 of 31,833
Well many thanks to @harry501501 for pointing out the amazing deal on Amazon UK for the Monoprice MP80 @ £20 which are clearly just a rebranded Magaosi K3 as spotted by @Slater

Had a little play with them and initial impressions are very positive. Using the included double flange tips, even with the silver bass filters, they sound quite balanced with good detail retrieval and resolution particularly in the mids. Treble is just right IMO too. Looking forward to listening to these more.

The case, tips and cable could be worth the asking price alone.

Love a bargain!

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #16,929 of 31,833
Well many thanks to @harry501501 for pointing out the amazing deal on Amazon UK for the Monoprice MP80 @ £20 which are clearly just a rebranded Magaosi K3 as spotted by @Slater

Had a little play with them and initial impressions are very positive. Using the included double flange tips, even with the silver bass filters, they sound quite balanced with good detail retrieval and resolution particularly in the mids. Treble is just right IMO too. Looking forward to listening to these more.

Love a bargain!

I will also add that I found an Aliexpress seller that has the Magaosi K3 Pro for $67.

By the time you use the $2 store coupon + $5 Aliexpress coupon the final price is $60. That’s a crazy deal for the K3 Pro, as I paid $110 for mine when it 1st came out.

So anyone interested in this IEM, they can save a few bucks over the Monoprice version. Be aware that I don’t know exactly how the Monoprice version is different (cable, tips, etc). I can only speak for the Magaosi version.

Anyways, it’s a great IEM, and as others have pointed out the filters provide versatility in the sound signature.

Here’s the dedicated thread on it. Plenty of details, impressions, etc.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/magaosi-k3-pro-impressions-and-discussions-thread.839011/

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #16,930 of 31,833

Love a bargain!

I have been happy so far with the installed gunmetal filter and Starline tips. I wish so much was not happening at once... my Faaeal Crescent arrived this morning along with my husbands **** (which I have no plans to listen to).

I did some googling and found that possibly (probably?) the drivers and nozzles are not the same as the K3. Maybe we should ask Monoprice... or Magaosi?

I will also add that I found an Aliexpress seller that has the Magaosi K3 Pro for $67.

By the time you use the $2 store coupon + $5 Aliexpress coupon the final price is $60. That’s a crazy deal for the K3 Pro, as I paid $110 for mine when it 1st came out.

So anyone interested in this IEM, they can save a few bucks over the Monoprice version.

It’s a great IEM, and as others have pointed out the filters provide versatility in the sound signature.

Here’s the dedicated thread on it. Plenty of details, impressions, etc.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/magaosi-k3-pro-impressions-and-discussions-thread.839011/

Wait, I am confused...you are saying the K3 is a better deal now? This Monoprice version is £20 which is $26 so it is the better deal. Only a few left though. I noticed a couple more sold while I was sleeping.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #16,931 of 31,833
I have been happy so far with the installed gunmetal filter and Starline tips. I wish so much was not happening at once... my Faaeal Crescent arrived this morning along with my husbands **** (which I have no plans to listen to).

I did some googling and found that possibly (probably?) the drivers and nozzles are not the same as the K3. Maybe we should ask Monoprice... or Magaosi?

Wait, I am confused...you are saying the K3 is a better deal now? This Monoprice version is £20 which is $26 so it is the better deal. Only a few left though. I noticed a couple more sold while I was sleeping.

The Monoprice on US Amazon is $74.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #16,932 of 31,833
The Monoprice on US Amazon is $74.

I think some people have had iems shipped from the UK to the US. What does it tell you if you put a UK one in your basket?

Also do you think the K3 and the MP80 are identical? Might the drivers be different?

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #16,933 of 31,833
This is true until you hit the N3, then a few peaks start appearing. Worse news is the Piezo seems to be the least susceptible to EQ of the three common drivers, (BA, Dynamic, Piezo) in my experience thus far.
I can't speak to the piezo treble (I like it so I didn't try EQ'ing it), but you can get rid of the N3's upper midrange peaks with the 2k and 4k cuts in these EQ settings:
freqdbq
250+1.00.7
500+2.00.7
750+1.00.7
2000-5.03.0
4000-5.04.5
Even if you can't adjust Q values, -5db cuts at 2k and 4k will help enormously.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #16,934 of 31,833

You should listen to the **** they're fab!

The MP80 seem to share the same shell as the K3 pro which are 2ba and 1dd, but the MP80 seem to be 1ba and 1dd, so maybe made by the same OEM with different internals.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #16,935 of 31,833
I can't speak to the piezo treble (I like it so I didn't try EQ'ing it), but you can get rid of the N3's upper midrange peaks with the 2k and 4k cuts in these EQ settings:
freqdbq
250+1.00.7
500+2.00.7
750+1.00.7
2000-5.03.0
4000-5.04.5
Even if you can't adjust Q values, -5db cuts at 2k and 4k will help enormously.

Thanks, I'll keep tweaking it and see what I end up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back