CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 20, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #16,981 of 31,833
What’s the difference with the special edition?

Only difference (kinda big one) is that it do not have detachable cable.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #16,982 of 31,833
Anybody heard the new VSONIC VS3???

Make lotta time I did not hear anything new coming from Vsonic untill GR07...I own the GR06 in the past. These are suppose to be mid centric so it get me curious.

Perhaps im wrong...but i think its the follow up of VSD3S wich have good reviews here....https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/vsonic-vsd3s.20165/

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #16,983 of 31,833
Anybody heard the new VSONIC VS3???

Make lotta time I did not hear anything new coming from Vsonic untill GR07...I own the GR06 in the past. These are suppose to be mid centric so it get me curious.

Perhaps im wrong...but i think its the follow up of VSD3S wich have good reviews here....https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/vsonic-vsd3s.20165/

I like vsonic stuff. I used to have the GR07, which is a famous audiophile classic (like the IEM equivalent of the HD600). I also have the VSD5S, which is also really good.

The problem with many vsonic is crap build quality. Mmcx connector failures, cables that crumble apart, dynamic drivers that unexpectedly fail (sometimes after just a few weeks or months), etc.

I don’t know anything about their new VS line of IEMs. If they finally got their act together as far as build quality, I’d definitely give them another chance because they definitely do a good job with tuning.

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #16,984 of 31,833
I love my emx500.
just about the right time i also wanna try to jump in, i got my first bud vido on the way, never had proper earbud. is willsound MK2 really that good? better than RY4S, vido, EMX500? what is the best bud under $100?
Im a bud baby, and only have a few buds, but I can tell you by far the best bud I have is the NiceHCK EBX. Its was like $150 but on sale for $75 when I bought it. I believe you can find them around $100 regularly and around $75 during special sales. Finicky fittement as they are worn over ear(but can be worn down). Might be worth a check into reading some reviews to see if they sound right for you.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #16,985 of 31,833
I like vsonic stuff. I used to have the GR07, which is a famous audiophile classic (like the IEM equivalent of the HD600). I also have the VSD5S, which is also really good.

The problem with many vsonic is crap build quality. Mmcx connector failures, cables that crumble apart, dynamic drivers that unexpectedly fail (sometimes after just a few weeks or months), etc.

I don’t know anything about their new VS line of IEMs. If they finally got their act together as far as build quality, I’d definitely give them another chance because they definitely do a good job with tuning.

I also own GR07 long time ago and the left piece no longer working and i couldnt fix it, until they were gone somewhere (i didnt throw them to bin but can't remember also where they are right now) They were good that time, like grandpa of the chifis who can be compared to few big names. I bet they are like ibasso IT01 tier if compared to recent modern chifi?

I love my emx500.

Im a bud baby, and only have a few buds, but I can tell you by far the best bud I have is the NiceHCK EBX. Its was like $150 but on sale for $75 when I bought it. I believe you can find them around $100 regularly and around $75 during special sales. Finicky fittement as they are worn over ear(but can be worn down). Might be worth a check into reading some reviews to see if they sound right for you.

nicee.. will keep an eye for that one too and sure they looked very nice, the cable also great. Wanna try that willsound mk 2 first after my vido arrived. Thank you, ill continue this bud stuff on their dedicated thread

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #16,987 of 31,833
I also own GR07 long time ago and the left piece no longer working and i couldnt fix it, until they were gone somewhere (i didnt throw them to bin but can't remember also where they are right now) They were good that time, like grandpa of the chifis who can be compared to few big names. I bet they are like ibasso IT01 tier if compared to recent modern chifi?

nicee.. will keep an eye for that one too and sure they looked very nice, the cable also great. Wanna try that willsound mk 2 first after my vido arrived. Thank you, ill continue this bud stuff on their dedicated thread
Everyone raves about the Mk2. Makes me want to order one, but im really set at the moment for earbuds.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #16,988 of 31,833
Amongst the other hot iems I have I’m really, really enjoying my TRN IM1s! They just have the absolute perfect fit for me and a sound that I could easily listen to on the proverbial desert island we all consider a possibility.
I’m using them pretty much daily mixed with others I sorta rotate...seems to me like an iem that got lost in the shuffle. I know others like them also but wonder if folks are still interested in them?

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #16,991 of 31,833
anyone have ever compare A MOONDROP ARIA and TENNMAK CRAZY CELLO? i want to buy 1, but then i confuse which one to buy...
I only have the Tennmak Crazy Cello and although I quite used it a lot at the time I think that that the competition offers better IEM's nowadays. I haven't heard the Aria but I'm pretty sure it will be a better buy based on the reviews I've read. Not that the Cello is bad, it's just that I don't think they are special enough to warrant the asking price. It's rather vanilla to me.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #16,992 of 31,833

The same for me basically. I've had the VSD3 and really enjoyed them, even though they were somewhat uncomfortable because of sharpish ridges but they broke pretty quickly. Hopefully the newer ones have better build.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #16,995 of 31,833
anyone have ever compare A MOONDROP ARIA and TENNMAK CRAZY CELLO? i want to buy 1, but then i confuse which one to buy...

I only have the Tennmak Crazy Cello and although I quite used it a lot at the time I think that that the competition offers better IEM's nowadays. I haven't heard the Aria but I'm pretty sure it will be a better buy based on the reviews I've read. Not that the Cello is bad, it's just that I don't think they are special enough to warrant the asking price. It's rather vanilla to me.

My Crazy Cellos required mods to sound good. Out of the box I was unimpressed. As you mentioned, there’s way better stuff available (that doesn’t require mods to be good).

I paid $25 for my CC, which was 50% off the normal $50 price. I think $25 was a stretch, and $50 was insulting. And look what you can get for $25 now.

Tennmak has fallen way behind IMO, and needs to step up their game or they’re just going to be a road sign on the ChiFi highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back