CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 24, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #6,258 of 31,833
Thank you! They look cool, I will wait for the black version to be in stock @ GB. I see that you have a Cayin N3 like me, how they sound?
I don't think I can give fair comment just yet, coz both are relatively still new. Rt-1 I think only has like 8 hours burn in. And N3 I just got it yesterday. So both burning in at the same time.

On GB, not sure if they will restock it. Better ask George

Jan 24, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #6,259 of 31,833
I don’t know how many other people are experiencing this, but I noticed my Tin Audio T2’s included MMCX cable has been turning green (oxidizing, I believe). I hate the ugly color it’s become and how tangled it is now; I’ve been looking for a replacement cable for the last month or so.

I’ve been testing replacements and I’m fairly sure that the T2 is sensitive to different cables. I wish I knew what type of cable they included with the T2 because I can’t seem to find anything that sounds remotely as good as it. I’ve tried a 4-core 5N silver-plated copper cable by OKCSC, another silver-plated copper cable from Mee Audio, and a cheap $10 one from AliExpress. I can’t seem to get the original sound from any of these cables.

Normally, I didn’t believe cables made a difference in sound, but now I’m starting to really see the differences. The cheap AliExpress cable makes the T2 sound plain and uninteresting. It completely altered and lessened the mids, getting rid of what makes the T2’s mids so beautiful. The Mee Audio cable made things worse. The mids were distant, pushed back, and thin. The treble and bass also suffered sound degradation, but not nearly as much as the mids (I blame this on Mee Audio’s terrible QC on their MMCX cables). The OKCSC cable was the closest to the T2’s original cable sound, but there are still a few major differences that didn’t sit well with me. They *mostly* convey the mids similarly to the originals, but the lower mids seem to be slightly pushed back and not nearly as present as before. The upper mids and treble seemed to noticeably distort at higher volumes, where as the originals extended a lot better. Layering and the overall airiness seemed to take a hit too. The bass took the greatest hit though with OKCSCs. It was very noticeably less in both quantity and quality compared to the original cables; it sounded thinner and considerably less impactful. I made all these observations through close comparisons using a headphone splitter, my Accessport DAC from Advanced Sound, and my iPhone 6s playing lossless audio via Tidal. I tested all kinds of genres of music for at least an hour to make sure I wasn’t going crazy.

TLDR: Green cables are ugly, I can’t find a replacement for them that sounds like the originals. Halp pls.

Can You measure stock T2 cable impedances for L/R/G with multimeter and also other cables You have for T2 ?
If there is noticeable impedance difference in readings, then there is Your "issue".
But this difference should be very noticeable number, only 0.1-0.3 Ohm difference could not affect sound at all.
Your T2 cable probably has higher impedance than others since You mention "more mids", which is usually result of higher impedance cable or impedance adapter. I used ~1.2Ohm cable for Senfer4in1 for example to mellow down sound (especially highs) for example.

Jan 24, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #6,260 of 31,833
Well, my brainwavz b100 arrived, after 20 days.
Felt under whelmed by it. Bass was a little too light for me. Soundmagic e80 still the most comfy and good amoUnt of bass. Xiaomi Pistons v5 is good too(with vent mod). But it’s slightly too large for me. May be I’m a basshead after all?

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #6,261 of 31,833
I have not been frequenting this forum for awhile as i felt the **** 4in1 just hit all the sweet spots for me. The trebles are the best i have heard out of all my earphones, punchy bass but has a pretty weak mid. The trebles are really clear, like i've said the details that it gives to some instruments is on a different level. The bass is quick, punchy but their mids are pretty meh for me. This is probably what people refer to as a V shaped signature which i dont hate, as the spectrum leans towards the brighter side. And my ears are just so used to them alr now the TMP sound so bloated. Btw i changed the tips back to the stock ones as it gives better isolation than the KZ startips.

And so the T2 is on sale again which makes me tempted to get it with the KZ MMCX cable to replace the stock 4in1 cable. Though i dont see the need to get the T2! Its just so tempting as it has been in my cart for like 2 months now xD and coming here helps in convincing myself to get it xD damn it xD

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #6,262 of 31,833
I have not been frequenting this forum for awhile as i felt the **** 4in1 just hit all the sweet spots for me. The trebles are the best i have heard out of all my earphones, punchy bass but has a pretty weak mid. The trebles are really clear, like i've said the details that it gives to some instruments is on a different level. The bass is quick, punchy but their mids are pretty meh for me. This is probably what people refer to as a V shaped signature which i dont hate, as the spectrum leans towards the brighter side. And my ears are just so used to them alr now the TMP sound so bloated. Btw i changed the tips back to the stock ones as it gives better isolation than the KZ startips.

And so the T2 is on sale again which makes me tempted to get it with the KZ MMCX cable to replace the stock 4in1 cable. Though i dont see the need to get the T2! Its just so tempting as it has been in my cart for like 2 months now xD and coming here helps in convincing myself to get it xD damn it xD
I hear the cable that comes with the T2 is very nice (aside from recent reports of oxidizing).

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #6,263 of 31,833
QKZ KD9

Look familiar? $50!!!!! Haha. You can get the ASK's for less that $20.

QKZ-KD9-Hybrid-Earphone-Hybrid-Pro-HD-In-Ear-Earphone-with-Microphone-For-Mobile-Phone-Xiaomi.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #6,264 of 31,833
Felt under whelmed by it. Bass was a little too light for me. Soundmagic e80 still the most comfy and good amoUnt of bass. Xiaomi Pistons v5 is good too(with vent mod). But it’s slightly too large for me. May be I’m a basshead after all?

This is what I was afraid about, no, we don't need to be bass head to enjoy good amount of low wich give a more dynamic sound by adding thick punch, if I listen to jazz I wanna hear all the bass line, not just the slap.
What about soundstage and air between instruments????
If they are mid centric, how vocal are presented too???

Need more different toughs about B100 (as well as any IEM in fact!)

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #6,265 of 31,833
Hehe, funny, just go see some feedback about Z5000 and fall on my ''doppelganger'' hehe
He use exact same memory foam tips as me (red too and they are a little smaller than other one wich make nozzle nearer to eardrum).
Bass line are so well rendered, its kind of crazy really, but more in a background way, like having a sub in your ehad while reste of music play around it ahah yep.
Capture d’écran (82).png

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #6,266 of 31,833
QKZ KD9

Look familiar? $50!!!!! Haha. You can get the ASK's for less that $20.

QKZ-KD9-Hybrid-Earphone-Hybrid-Pro-HD-In-Ear-Earphone-with-Microphone-For-Mobile-Phone-Xiaomi.jpg
I don,t get the sens of humor of QKZ.....never laugh at there JOKES!
I always wonder who's dumb enough to buy there cloned crap.
Oh...me! I buy 3 years ago Yamaha EPH-100 clone that broke in my hand when I open the box and try to change eartips, so, like, 1 minutes of life spent: WOW! Finally got to listen to the crap, wasn't even worth 1 minutes of listening and i'm still stock with these as I will never give them to anybody, i'm not a terrorist!
Even the QKZ W1 Pro are cloned shyt for sure, just don,t remember from who.....as some years ago there were lot of version of it and headfier talk about them more.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #6,267 of 31,833
This is what I was afraid about, no, we don't need to be bass head to enjoy good amount of low wich give a more dynamic sound by adding thick punch, if I listen to jazz I wanna hear all the bass line, not just the slap.
What about soundstage and air between instruments????
If they are mid centric, how vocal are presented too???

Need more different toughs about B100 (as well as any IEM in fact!)

I haven’t listened long enough, but early impression really put me off. The vocals are fine, as I listen to jazz, I’d like to hear the bass being plucked, but it’s just lacking in this iem. I’m still new to this, so my terms maybe be a bit newbie hehe

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #6,268 of 31,833
The Soundmagic's bass is probably much muddier (The E10's bass is a swamp). I love the fluidity and coherence of the B100 and its bass is just fine. If you are a basshead, you are not after realistic reproduction of music - which is fair enough.

I find the mentioned Xiaomis incoherent sounding compared to the B100.

Here reviews of the B100...acording to which I ordered them:
https://primeaudio.org/brainwavz-b100-review/
http://headflux.de/brainwavz-b100/

Unfortunately, the fabulous Kopfhoerer Lounge (which also has a great review of the B100) has disappeared completely - confirmed by the owner.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #6,269 of 31,833
I just received the famous Monk+ and as someone who has had my enthusiasm curbed and not expecting much, I am pleasantly surprised that earbuds can sound that way (IEM since 2005 when many had earbuds!).
There's surprisingly a good quantity of bass although sub bass might be missed a bit. Their clarity is a lot better without the included foams for me. Definitely worth my 5eu!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #6,270 of 31,833
Hum.....I have a very specific question and will throw it here to see if anybody can help me.

Its about a very particular eartips model that i'm unable to find and don't even know how to name. One thing sure, its of very good use with too treble or harsh or fowards IEM. It was include with Z5000 from HCK but his store don't sell this eartips.

P1240098.JPG

ANY IDEA WHERE TO FIND THESE????????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back