CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #6,271 of 31,833
Hum.....I have a very specific question and will throw it here to see if anybody can help me.

Its about a very particular eartips model that i'm unable to find and don't even know how to name. One thing sure, its of very good use with too treble or harsh or fowards IEM. It was include with Z5000 from HCK but his store don't sell this eartips.

ANY IDEA WHERE TO FIND THESE????????????????????????
Are these are what you’re for? https://audiobudget.com/accessory/earpads

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #6,272 of 31,833

Unfortunately No, this foam one are for earbuds....the one I search are for iem, its like silicone tips with a foam toque.

A MUST have IMO....but just one 1 pair.

EDIT:
OKAY!
Never serve better than by yourself enh:)
P1240099.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #6,273 of 31,833
Can You measure stock T2 cable impedances for L/R/G with multimeter and also other cables You have for T2 ?
If there is noticeable impedance difference in readings, then there is Your "issue".
But this difference should be very noticeable number, only 0.1-0.3 Ohm difference could not affect sound at all.
Your T2 cable probably has higher impedance than others since You mention "more mids", which is usually result of higher impedance cable or impedance adapter. I used ~1.2Ohm cable for Senfer4in1 for example to mellow down sound (especially highs) for example.
I have absolutely no idea how to measure cable impedance using a multimeter (I also don’t have one to begin with). What you’re saying makes sense to me though, that could easily be the cause of changes in sound from cable to cable. I’d like to know how to measure my cables.

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #6,274 of 31,833
Unfortunately No, this foam one are for earbuds....the one I search are for iem, its like silicone tips with a foam toque.

A MUST have IMO....but just one 1 pair.

hum, will try to put a foam toque on silicone tips to see....
Interesting. I’ve never seen them before; what do they do sonically? Also, Comply’s website says earpads are “coming soon.” So maybe they’ll get some of their own sometime soon.

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #6,275 of 31,833
Hum.....I have a very specific question and will throw it here to see if anybody can help me.

Its about a very particular eartips model that i'm unable to find and don't even know how to name. One thing sure, its of very good use with too treble or harsh or fowards IEM. It was include with Z5000 from HCK but his store don't sell this eartips.

ANY IDEA WHERE TO FIND THESE????????????????????????

Looks like a silicon tip on which they pulled & stretched down a earbud foam on, like the ones on the Monk+ I just received. :confused:

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #6,276 of 31,833
Interesting. I’ve never seen them before; what do they do sonically? Also, Comply’s website says earpads are “coming soon.” So maybe they’ll get some of their own sometime soon.

they make extra sound filtering, so they tame highs a little and for ZS6 I encounter less hissing as well.
Some people put foam into the nozzle, but taking of a grill can sometime cause damage or be irreversible....this foamed eartips surely do a similar job but its easier to test it on any IEM you want:)
Now I know how to recycle all this earbuds foams tips I don't use!

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #6,277 of 31,833
Looks like a silicon tip on which they pulled & stretched down a earbud foam on, like the ones on the Monk+ I just received. :confused:

Got it right, I verify its not even stick on it....ahah. Kids job. Other pics show its very easy to do by yourself too....wich explain it can't be found for sell perhaps. Anyway, feel it can be usefull.
I like to have different type of eartips.
P1240101.JPG P1240100.JPG
Yeah...I like medium and large size so all small and XS really begin to invade my place...like little ants rolling everywhere.
Anybody got small ear hole, perhaps I can give some cause its a shame to collect them (can't put them in garbage, just can't)

PS: Congrats for your Monk+, be cautious about earbuds collection, it begin with a Monk after you try a EMX500 and your brain just can't understand how good 10$ earbuds can sound and after this you got the disease and wanna try every sub-20$ earbuds that promise heaven!
I will receive surely this week 2 more earbuds for my collection: Moondrop Nameless & Panda PK2

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #6,280 of 31,833
Put a hat on it?

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #6,283 of 31,833
Folks, I'm looking for a small earphone with headband, basically like this:

Sony-MDR-W15.jpg

Can be ChiFi or a major brand. Basically just looking for stupid small headband type headphone.

I've tried to search on Amazon for various terms, but I just don't know what style that's called or who makes similar style nowadays.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #6,284 of 31,833

Can be ChiFi or a major brand. Basically just looking for stupid small headband type headphone.

I've tried to search on Amazon for various terms, but I just don't know what style that's called or who makes similar style nowadays.

Can anyone help?

Maybe Sennheiser PMX 686 SPORTS? (Not from China, not <100$, probably not even a band that goes over head but kinda behind and this is probably a bad guess anyways...)

product_detail_x1_desktop_PMX_686G-sq-02-sennheiser.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #6,285 of 31,833

Can anyone help?

does that (the grill side) enters the ears sideways? looks uncomfortable..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back