CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 25, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #6,301 of 31,839
Thanks BROS :) Will research these...

If I get scolded I can now "honestly" say to my girlfriend that these are replacement cables :imp:

Research done: Bro seems like the best choice for me. Cable is OK, lots of tips But DAMN, they're ugly!
TRN V10 as earphones were just not getting good review. due to treble although their cable seems better.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6,302 of 31,839
Thanks BROS :) Will research these...

If I get scolded I can now "honestly" say to my girlfriend that these are replacement cables :imp:

Research done: Bro seems like the best choice for me. Cable is OK, lots of tips But DAMN, they're ugly!
TRN V10 as earphones were just not getting good review. due to treble although their cable seems better.

hehe, yeah, i'm not a big fan of the big BRO writing on it....SGZ-dn1 is same earphones, but cable is cheaper and price higher...if you don't have any earbuds perhaps it could be interesting to begin with the **** as well...anyway, i'm quite a fan of the BRO. Don't forget to take silver cable...copper cable is PURE CRAP!

For 30$ choice is quite simple: Tinaudio T2....and lot of other like Senfet DT2+ 3 drivers etc...

And yeah, stay away from TRN V10, its just a mess....look like to have been EQ specifically for instrumental music or god know what.

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #6,303 of 31,839
Hehe, funny, just go see some feedback about Z5000 and fall on my ''doppelganger'' hehe
He use exact same memory foam tips as me (red too and they are a little smaller than other one wich make nozzle nearer to eardrum).
Bass line are so well rendered, its kind of crazy really, but more in a background way, like having a sub in your ehad while reste of music play around it ahah yep.
Thank you for your recommendation on z5000. Although only received it yesterday, I can tell that it is special and has satisfying sq.
But one thing annoying me, the driver flex on both side. I have to say this is the worst I have experienced so far in iem. Do you experience the same? Been tip rolling but still cannot get rid of it

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #6,304 of 31,839
Thank you! They look cool, I will wait for the black version to be in stock @ GB. I see that you have a Cayin N3 like me, how they sound?
Maybe I can share my early impression. Bear in mind I'm using KZ replacement cable. Soundstage is above average, very good instrument separation you can clearly hear which goes to the left and right as well as distance. Good sub bass rather than boommy/impact bass. Overall I can say the presentation is quite clear and clean.
Sorry not very good in giving description in audiophile terms hahaha

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #6,306 of 31,839
Thank you for your recommendation on z5000. Although only received it yesterday, I can tell that it is special and has satisfying sq.
But one thing annoying me, the driver flex on both side. I have to say this is the worst I have experienced so far in iem. Do you experience the same? Been tip rolling but still cannot get rid of it

Went through the same thing with Auglamour RT-1 (worst driver flex I've had). I found a way to fix it though, and it works with all tips (best with foams). The key is to go REALLLY slowly, 5-10 seconds of slowly pushing - it's a weird thing knowing that you have positioned them well and have an option to just push them in your canal in half a second but restraining yourself. I am so used to putting my IEMs quickly that this did have some adjustment period.

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #6,307 of 31,839
Driver flex?
Nope, did not have this issue with Z5000....is it more hearable at very low volume or the opposite?
Did you try memory foam tips too?

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #6,309 of 31,839

Try twisting it slowly instead of pushing them straight in. Also lifting the ears back or opening the mouth will enlarge the ear canals slightly so it can enter without creating too strong vacuum

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #6,310 of 31,839
Slater, try "bone conduction" with your search results. I tried it on Ebay and the different ones look similar to what you're after.

bone conduction headphones are different to what @Slater mentioned. it will sound different (and have a different sensation too)

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #6,311 of 31,839
Slater, try "bone conduction" with your search results. I tried it on Ebay and the different ones look similar to what you're after.

I already have (true) bone conduction headphones. Pretty much the highest rated ones currently available.

Let's just say that the technology is fine for military use (its original purpose), but has a long way to go for audio that any HFer would be happy with.

They serve a very specific purpose for me though, so I put up with the mediocre sound.

I appreciate the suggestion though!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #6,314 of 31,839
2cgdYDH.jpg

My sub 100$ collection is "complete".

ZS3: Uncomfortable.
**** UEs: A bit bright.
ATE: A bit boomy.
PFE112: What's that even doing there?
ATR: Gym companion with Starlines.
ATR: Out and about with Symbio MandarinEs.
Fiio Fh1: Just arrived. Good, but not IT01 good.
iBasso IT01: As far as I'm concerned the sub-100$ benchmark which puts everyone else to shame.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #6,315 of 31,839
Received the zs6 and I am disappointed :frowning2: They are pretty uncomfortable and hard to stay on, hurting my ear after a while(don't really know if it was from the cold or just their shape), the treble feels really too much and artificial, making the sound metallic and fatigue(even when using the Ostry OS300).
Maybe after a little burn in they feel better and with some Foam tips to make them more secure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back