CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #6,286 of 31,833
does that (the grill side) enters the ears sideways? looks uncomfortable..

I used to jam the original Apple earbuds in my ears "sideways". It sounded a lot better because it was firing into the ear canal, instead of 90 degrees like earbuds are usually worn.

Also, I'm sure that Sony model comes with foams. But probably, like most manufacturers, they take photos of earbuds without foam covers for some reason (they probably think it 'looks cooler' or some such guff). I don't know anyone that wears earbuds without foam covers, yet manufacturers keep doing it for some reason (like this):

2.jpg 1.jpg

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #6,288 of 31,833
I used to jam the original Apple earbuds in my ears "sideways". It sounded a lot better because it was firing into the ear canal, instead of 90 degrees like earbuds are usually worn.

Also, I'm sure that Sony model comes with foams. But probably, like most manufacturers, they take photos of earbuds without foam covers for some reason (they probably think it 'looks cooler' or some such guff). I don't know anyone that wears earbuds without foam covers, yet manufacturers keep doing it for some reason (like this):

beauty shots :o2smile:

there are some earbuds that can get away using them without foams and not loosing bass response, but usually i would still find them a little loose on fitting and also prone to driver flex if i push them too flush to my ears...so i always ended up using the foams
i even put some earbuds foam on my iems that are prone to driver flex, because it seems they help a little to let the air flow a bit when pushing it in the ear (not too much vacuum). it will flex too sometimes, but significantly lesser times

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #6,289 of 31,833

Finally someone who wears earbuds like I do. This sideways insertion actually points the driver better towards my canal but half of it gets blocked, the best would be somewhere in the middle which can only be achieved by holding them with hands. This sideways insertion also sometimes requires me too loop cables over ear.

I actually wear Auglamour RX-1 without foams because it almost forms a seal in my ear with that smaller driver (almost, bass is still better with foams but not significantly so like with MX buds)

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #6,290 of 31,833
Finally someone who wears earbuds like I do. This sideways insertion actually points the driver better towards my canal but half of it gets blocked, the best would be somewhere in the middle which can only be achieved by holding them with hands. This sideways insertion also sometimes requires me too loop cables over ear.

I actually wear Auglamour RX-1 without foams because it almost forms a seal in my ear with that smaller driver (almost, bass is still better with foams but not significantly so like with MX buds)

Yeah, I know if earbud lovers would try them sideways they would be hooked. It's like the best of both worlds between an IEM and an earbud.

Back when I used to wear earbuds sideways, I thought about various ways to make them stay in place. Although I never followed though with it (because I got into IEMs instead), my idea was to use something like the Radians earplug silicone putty kit. Insert the earbuds in the ears sideways, and then form the putty so it fills in the ear.

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #6,292 of 31,833

I saw those a while back, and while they looked interesting I ultimately decided against trying them.

How they make those is when the silicone is wet they "sprinkle" them with the little fibers. I was afraid that those little fibers would rub off in my ear canal (no thanks). Especially since silicone is naturally non-stick, I believe the little fibers would have a hard time staying stuck to the silicone after using them for a few uses.

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on those :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #6,293 of 31,833
Jan 25, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #6,294 of 31,833
20180125_155614-01.jpeg

It arrived! 9 days... That's rather fast
I put earbud foams on the nozzle, put some tac on the bass vent, and using my go to-favorite wide bore tips (similar size to the stock ones, but softer).

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #6,295 of 31,833

It arrived! 9 days... That's rather fast
I put earbud foams on the nozzle, put some tac on the bass vent, and using my go to-favorite wide bore tips (similar size to the stock ones, but softer).

Are those Samsung Galaxy IEM tips?

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #6,296 of 31,833
Are those Samsung Galaxy IEM tips?

i don't know, i purchase them from my local online store for about half a dollar per pack of three, and fortunately, they are my most comfortable eartips ever that i use them on almost all my iems. They are similar to the Einsear T2 stock ones

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #6,297 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #6,298 of 31,833
I've been thinking of buying 2 pin and mmcx cables in the 20eu range for IT01 & KZ but I wonder if there are any sub 50 IEMs worth getting for their cable?

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #6,299 of 31,833
I've been thinking of buying 2 pin and mmcx cables in the 20eu range for IT01 & KZ but I wonder if there are any sub 50 IEMs worth getting for their cable?

Depends on the stock cable. If it's terrible, for example the KZ ones, you have no choice but to upgrade it.

Btw, the $8 KZ upgrade cable is good enough for KZ iems.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #6,300 of 31,833
For mmcx silver cable with great durable earbuds for 14.50$
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Earplhone-Earplug-With-MMCX/32752982333.html
Or for 20$ with Nicehck BRO:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...3941-42d5-ba31-fc2a219ce286&priceBeautifyAB=4

For 2pin, its better to buy it without IEM....was searching for black cable that came with TRN-10 but find silver on for very cheap:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...nning-Sport-Earphone-Earplug/32846399339.html

If you don't want over ear cable...this is another story, mmxc isnt over ear tough.
Lot of great choice and great deal for cheapies with great cable.....for example **** pt-15 cost about 6.50usd +8$ cable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back