CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 26, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #6,316 of 31,837
Folks, I'm looking for a small earphone with headband, basically like this:

Can be ChiFi or a major brand. Basically just looking for stupid small headband type headphone.

I've tried to search on Amazon for various terms, but I just don't know what style that's called or who makes similar style nowadays.

Can anyone help?

edit: add Sony MDR-A35G to the list
edit: and sony mdr w20g
edit: Sony MDR-A34L
edit: Damn i am finding too many. I will PM them to you OK?

You know I always got your back brah. :) I searched for you and came up with a few potentials. "vertical earbuds" "vertical sports earbuds" "vertical headband earbuds" came up with some sporadic hits. Using "sideways" instead of vertical came up with some, but fewer, hits. This is just a preliminary search to get your some ideas. I did not do my full-on, top secret, Hawaiian-power search for pricing yet.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Sonxtronic-X...-Ultralight-Sport-Running-Headband/1836887195
Sonxtronic Xdr8000 Vertical in Ear Ultralight Sport Running Headband. They seem to have at least two models. The 8001 and the 8000.
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-SO...499706&hash=item3f9246c48f:g:OpgAAOSwMkJaZnFU
Genuine SONY MDR-W08L Vertical Earbud in-the-ear Headphones
s-l500.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-686i-Neckband-Headset/dp/B00TRRTO5O
Sennheiser PMX 686i. These are kind of pseudo vertical. See about 1:07 in this video that show a guy putting them on.

31zKpJfVZ5L.jpg

http://www.scosche.com/tunestream-ii-bluetooth-stereo-headphones
Scosche tuneSTREAM II Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.
hz8_open_2000x2000.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #6,317 of 31,837
I've been using the Tin Audio T2, going to the mall with my wife and kid to test it in noisy environment. I Really love it! Noise rejection is good (i can get a good seal) , and because of the tuning (good sub bass and clear mids/treble), i can still hear conversations clear enough while still hearing the music clearly even when the music plays in low volume.

I also tried using it while slightly pulled out the ear, it acts like a great speaker playing background music. Even like this, i can still feel the sub bass

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #6,318 of 31,837
edit: add Sony MDR-A35G to the list
edit: and sony mdr w20g
edit: Sony MDR-A34L
edit: Damn i am finding too many. I will PM them to you OK?

You know I always got your back brah. :) I searched for you and came up with a few potentials. "vertical earbuds" "vertical sports earbuds" "vertical headband earbuds" came up with some sporadic hits. Using "sideways" instead of vertical came up with some, but fewer, hits. This is just a preliminary search to get your some ideas. I did not do my full-on, top secret, Hawaiian-power search for pricing yet.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Sonxtronic-X...-Ultralight-Sport-Running-Headband/1836887195
Sonxtronic Xdr8000 Vertical in Ear Ultralight Sport Running Headband. They seem to have at least two models. The 8001 and the 8000.
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-SO...499706&hash=item3f9246c48f:g:OpgAAOSwMkJaZnFU
Genuine SONY MDR-W08L Vertical Earbud in-the-ear Headphones
s-l500.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-686i-Neckband-Headset/dp/B00TRRTO5O
Sennheiser PMX 686i. These are kind of pseudo vertical. See about 1:07 in this video that show a guy putting them on.

31zKpJfVZ5L.jpg

http://www.scosche.com/tunestream-ii-bluetooth-stereo-headphones
Scosche tuneSTREAM II Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.
hz8_open_2000x2000.jpg

I have the Sony MDR-W08L. Good $10-15 headphone before it was discontinued and used or reconditioned prices went through the roof.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #6,319 of 31,837
Hmm, it seems that they are indeed making a new version of the z5000.

Seller says it will be finished in 10 days, and it will feature a better dynamic driver for low mid and highs.

Should I cancel my order and wait for the new one?

Which Aliexpress seller said there will be a new version of z5000? I asked NiceHCK and he said zhiyin don't have a new version or hinted of one coming soon.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #6,320 of 31,837
Which Aliexpress seller said there will be a new version of z5000? I asked NiceHCK and he said zhiyin don't have a new version or hinted of one.
hotfi

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #6,321 of 31,837
Which Aliexpress seller said there will be a new version of z5000? I asked NiceHCK and he said zhiyin don't have a new version or hinted of one coming soon.

I don't quite trust HotFi. I do not have the ZhiYin Z5000 but I do have the Z3000 which is becoming difficult to find. When I got it I specifically wanted the white one (solid white shell not the white/gold that may still available). HotFi supposedly had it so we ordered there. Then got a message a few days later that there was no white and would we take another color. Told them no and the order was cancelled. Ended up buying what may have been the last white one from Nicechk. Last time I looked Nicechk still had the black/gold and the white/gold. In addition to my white one, there was an all black one a few months ago. I love my Z3000. It sits so flush in the ear that I could sleep on my side with it. Problem is, it is so nice that I do not want to take a chance on ruining it. I have a different cable on mine... I did it for the looks. This cable (MMCX) was lying around here somewhere unused. I am not good at describing sound or comparing earphones but I will say that I can wear these and listen for hours and hours without any fatigue.

I will leave it to someone else who has them to describe the sound. As it has a completely different form factor than that of the Z5000, I would be surprised if they are similar in any way.

R0013015.JPG
R0013021.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #6,322 of 31,837
I have the one in black and rather like the sound, it is easy to lie down wearing them due to the flat form factor. I did have to pop open my left shell as it cut out. It was a bad solder job on the mmcx socket, the wire was adrift. Some solder and glue and they are back in working order

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #6,323 of 31,837
I have the one in black and rather like the sound, it is easy to lie down wearing them due to the flat form factor. I did have to pop open my left shell as it cut out. It was a bad solder job on the mmcx socket, the wire was adrift. Some solder and glue and they are back in working order

Lucky you have the skills:)

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #6,324 of 31,837
Ali-express shows all free delivery to take 19-39 days. I am wondering how many days actually it takes from HongK. to US.
I would like to buy this. any idea about how it is sounding?
Hey man....to Canada it take must of time 2 months, for US it should be about 1-2 months too. Some seller are faster.
If there the option of EPACKET for like 1-3$ more it worth it, will take 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

And finally, not to make you paranoid even if on Aliexpress its good to be, but I buy from another seller a 6BA iem that is the exact copy of what you link and it was supreme CRAP, so, hum, this 6BA model is a no go for me and I do not suggest them. Another aspect, even if well implemented, this 6BA model will not produce bass in a way it can be feel and perhaps no sub at all, so if you need bass in your music you should look somewhere else. For 80-150$ there LOT of incredible multi drivers IEM.
Like this one that I dream to try, mustly sell above 150$ at other store:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...r-Earphone-DJ-HIFI-Earphones/32825158212.html

As it have a Dynamic drivers too, I think it will handle bass nicely. Some headfier try it and impressions aren't negative like the 6BA you link.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #6,326 of 31,837
I don't quite trust HotFi. I do not have the ZhiYin Z5000 but I do have the Z3000 which is becoming difficult to find. When I got it I specifically wanted the white one (solid white shell not the white/gold that may still available). HotFi supposedly had it so we ordered there. Then got a message a few days later that there was no white and would we take another color. Told them no and the order was cancelled. Ended up buying what may have been the last white one from Nicechk. Last time I looked Nicechk still had the black/gold and the white/gold. In addition to my white one, there was an all black one a few months ago. I love my Z3000. It sits so flush in the ear that I could sleep on my side with it. Problem is, it is so nice that I do not want to take a chance on ruining it. I have a different cable on mine... I did it for the looks. This cable (MMCX) was lying around here somewhere unused. I am not good at describing sound or comparing earphones but I will say that I can wear these and listen for hours and hours without any fatigue.

I will leave it to someone else who has them to describe the sound. As it has a completely different form factor than that of the Z5000, I would be surprised if they are similar in any way.

Hum....you get me curious there guys....Z3000 is quite cheap at 19$. But the Gold color is so.....
200.gif

For Z5000, will know if Hotfi is trustworthy cause I order a second pair from there shop.

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #6,327 of 31,837
The Rythmos Super SD7 is a terrific iem
Really???

Hotfi have quite a terrific price...don't understand its like 40$ cheaper than other store....since one month still this price and it yeal me TOTL IEM man, look at me! 1DD+4BA man, got bass, soundstage and details buy me buy me.
But for now, just cannot. 130$ is real money, but SD7 will stay in my must buy list.

In fact its now time for me to sell some of my not use enough iem and invest in a 100-150$ one.

Can you tell me how SD7 bass is?
And do you consider the full 170$ to be still a good value as well?

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #6,328 of 31,837
Hum....you get me curious there guys....Z3000 is quite cheap at 19$. But the Gold color is so.....
200.gif

I know...that is why I wanted the all white Z3000. I also could have had all black but my husband already had that. Seeing the comfort of his is why I wanted my own. We rarely get something that is the same. If we do, we get different colors if we can.

If you get one and don't like it, you would at least end up with a spare MMCX cable :)

The shell is plastic so you know the gold part will not be metal. I wonder if you could paint that part...

If you use it for sleeping, no one will see the color in the dark:)

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #6,329 of 31,837
The SD7 has very good bass. Note there are 2 versions Super SD7 & Super SD7 Plus (all BA) which is more expensive

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #6,330 of 31,837
Hello, I was recommended to purchase a KZ ZS3 here some time ago and they've just broken on me.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend me a wireless version with similar sound for use when running/in the gym?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back