CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 26, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #6,347 of 31,859
Even on a galaxy s8 zsr sounded very very muddy I’ve never heard worse earbuds then these I’m very disappointed thankfully I only paid 40$ with shipping
Get tips as big as possible and stuff these ZSRs as deep into your ear canal as possible. This will make the difference.

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #6,348 of 31,859
It’s not the tips that are the problem all the stiff wires on the ends are terrible, the sound is really really muddy on a brand new iPhone

My ZSR is not muddy. I am using the stock tips and I have left the memory wire intact. It helps me keep the wire from getting tangled in my long hair as it goes up and over my ear. I did cut out the wire when I had the ZS3 and regretted it. Had a more difficult time getting the wire out from behind my ear without pulling out a few hairs.

I only use daps or my desktop system as my music source so I do not know what they would sound like from a phone. I will try them with my tablet at some point.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #6,352 of 31,859
Mine sound like the speakers are blown maybe I just got a bad pair or something

Maybe. First, you might want to make sure that the tips have not gone into your ear in such a way that they are closing off the opening..kinda smooshing if you can picture what I mean. That would make them sound blown, muffled or muddy.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #6,353 of 31,859
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #6,358 of 31,859
Slater, hehe, funny coincidence....find these in thriftstore for a buck when I was searching for toys for my kid. Just find a little toy for me finally! Baaaaaad Daaaaad!
and it give two nice thing:
1-a big nostalgia shoot, as I have the same with my sony yellow walkman when I was.
2-a very okay sound, no distortion even with bassy track, and very airy. Did sound too ''grainy'' with Ibasso DX90 but with Xduoo X10 I find the right unlikely couple! Very comfy too, and I don't care to look like a jerk, find everybody look like (too serious) jerks these days.
P1260103.JPG

EDIT:
Euh....160$ on Amazon.com???? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat da fock!?!?
Well, sure don't sound bad....try them with ultra bassy tracks and it can handle it like no earbuds I try. Man, gotta love vintage stuff!
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-W20G-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00005BYER

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #6,359 of 31,859
Even on a galaxy s8 zsr sounded very very muddy I’ve never heard worse earbuds then these I’m very disappointed thankfully I only paid 40$ with shipping

Make sure you don't have them plugged in out of phase chief.

Link is in my signature.

Even if you have them plugged in correctly (ie with the rounded end lined up properly), still test them with the phase testing audio tests. There have been a few cases in the past where stock KZ cables were incorrectly (ie wired out of phase) from the factory (so even though you think they're in phase, they are in reality out of phase).

Having them plugged in out of phase will make them sound like garbage.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #6,360 of 31,859
Slater, hehe, funny coincidence....find these in thriftstore for a buck when I was searching for toys for my kid. Just find a little toy for me finally! Baaaaaad Daaaaad!
and it give two nice thing:
1-a big nostalgia shoot, as I have the same with my sony yellow walkman when I was.
2-a very okay sound, no distortion even with bassy track, and very airy. Did sound too ''grainy'' with Ibasso DX90 but with Xduoo X10 I find the right unlikely couple! Very comfy too, and I don't care to look like a jerk, find everybody look like (too serious) jerks these days.

EDIT:
Euh....160$ on Amazon.com???? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat da fock!?!?
Well, sure don't sound bad....try them with ultra bassy tracks and it can handle it like no earbuds I try. Man, gotta love vintage stuff!
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-W20G-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00005BYER

Yeah, they used to sell for $10-$15 before they were discontinued. $160 is a joke.

It's not that they sound super great. I mainly like that "vertical" style because they are comfortable and sound like earbuds when you stick earbuds in your ears sideways. The difference is that the headband of the vertical headphones holds the earbud parts in place, vs just sticking earbuds in your ears sideways makes them fall out when you move around. Does that make sense?

If you wanna sell them or trade them for some IEMs, PM me if interested. Not for $160 though LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back