CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #21,031 of 31,833
But you can't leave because we would miss you!

leave? nah...i still need those random curiosity purchases :beyersmile:
the great thing about chifi is the tech advancement, they race to get better and better while maintaining low price, so upgrading would still be possible without going up the price ladder (the recent Blon/KZ/TRN, etc are a great example)

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #21,032 of 31,833
My FAAEAL Datura Pro and Hibiscus just showed up today and I hope to give them a listen after I spend more time with my new Venture Electronic upgrade buds with his new copper cables that showed up last week.
A funny thing but I just came back from a week long business trip to the mainland and back and a bunch of my IEMs including the Final E1000 with triple flange tips, the BGVP DM6 and the **** got their butts kicked by a set of cheapo Taotronics TT-EP008 active noise reduction buds. I tried all of them with difference players over two 10 hour flights and the only combo that was the most satisfying and clear was the Taotronics hooked up to an iPod shuffle. Kind of blew my mind. Never realized that the environment was as important a factor to an earbuds sound as the source and earbud fit. And all of these buds has superb noise isolation form outside noise when I tested them on land. Just something to ponder

Nov 17, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #21,033 of 31,833
Thank you for your reply. What is more than 5% better than BL-03 and V90 under $50?

The original post asserted with great authority that spending *more* can only bring a last 5% improvement.

It doesn't work that way at all in my limited experience, and the good question is 5% of what?

V90 and BL-03 are too much bass for me, so the 35€ Tin T2 is a 100% improvement?

I don't like the blurry instruments separation of the bl-03, so the 160€ KPE is a 67.3% improvement?

How do you quantify stuff like that, given everyone has stuff that matters more or less than others?

I might say that the TO400s has around 5% better extension on both ends than the TO200, both being quite comparable, but otherwise the point is moot.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #21,034 of 31,833
How do you quantify stuff like that, given everyone has stuff that matters more or less than others?

Exactly. I have always found it weird that people try to put a percentage on that. Similar to putting a number on pain levels... how?

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #21,035 of 31,833
Nice confirmation bias going on with the dt6pro here. I'm extremely skeptical of **** being competent at tuning anything right but if ppl are happy with crap so be it vOv

Not sure if you're trolling, but how does being sceptical of the **** pro (or **** branded iems) being tuned right, having not even heard it... equate to you being able to call it crap or someone having a bias? Quite a leap.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #21,036 of 31,833
The original post asserted with great authority that spending *more* can only bring a last 5% improvement.

It doesn't work that way at all in my limited experience, and the good question is 5% of what?

My original reply makes no point about spending more, with or without emphasis asterisks. You have successfully refuted a point made by no one. Not sure why you felt the need to be contrarian to my post trying to help someone else, but regardless, have a nice day.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #21,037 of 31,833
Harman tuning (with some sub-bass): BLON BL-03
More bassy V-shaped fun: V90

Get these two and everything else is chasing the final 5%

Sorry if I misunderstood but that's 100% how I read it. Not attacking you personally in any way, I didn't remember who exactly posted that, it just sort of stroke me to read that.

Not sure if that's the case here but there are a lot of people convinced that over 50$ it's "chasing the final 5%", I don't think Crinacle would agree, nor would I allow myself to say that anything more expensive than the KPE is chasing the final %, nor discourage people buying Andromedas, without having heard them.

Have a good day too!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #21,038 of 31,833
These last days I kinda non stop listen to both BQEYZ KB100 and FAAEAL HIBISCUS.

KB100 is so well tuned, everything is there....but upper treble sparkle-decay. Anyway, its very well balanced, the mid range is revealing with great imaging, super clean from any bass bleed. Bass is flat, very well controled, we hear the sub bass line clearly even if we do not ''feel them''. Timbre is transparent, slightly thin but far from being dull as it have soft texture to it. About mid range, man, okay i'm a fool believe in cable change cause their were just a slight blink of upper sibilance (im extremely sensible about this, so its to take with grain of salt) and with the CRAZY GREAT TOTL 5N LITZ 4 STRANDS 8 CORES HIBISCUS CABLE, this problem is solved and now KB100 sound super natural.

Yep, KB100 is sincerly uderatted...but the one who know. Know.

Oh, and by the way, i begin Video Reviews, mostly DAP's but i do unboxing and first impressions review of the Faaeal Hibiscus. Still in experimental approach and i discover that 480p video might be way lighter but well, its crappy looking a little. HIBISCUS remind me of Final Audio E2000-E4000.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #21,039 of 31,833
50AF38F0-21BC-4055-A712-F39E8DAF989D.jpeg
Exactly. I have always found it weird that people try to put a percentage on that. Similar to putting a number on pain levels... how?

So we need one of these but for audio

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #21,040 of 31,833
These last days I kinda non stop listen to both BQEYZ KB100 and FAAEAL HIBISCUS.

KB100 is so well tuned, everything is there....but upper treble sparkle-decay. Anyway, its very well balanced, the mid range is revealing with great imaging, super clean from any bass bleed. Bass is flat, very well controled, we hear the sub bass line clearly even if we do not ''feel them''. Timbre is transparent, slightly thin but far from being dull as it have soft texture to it. About mid range, man, okay i'm a fool believe in cable change cause their were just a slight blink of upper sibilance (im extremely sensible about this, so its to take with grain of salt) and with the CRAZY GREAT TOTL 5N LITZ 4 STRANDS 8 CORES HIBISCUS CABLE, this problem is solved and now KB100 sound super natural.

Yep, KB100 is sincerly uderatted...but the one who know. Know.

Oh, and by the way, i begin Video Reviews, mostly DAP's but i do unboxing and first impressions review of the Faaeal Hibiscus. Still in experimental approach and i discover that 480p video might be way lighter but well, its crappy looking a little. HIBISCUS remind me of Final Audio E2000-E4000.

The KB100 is great in its own right but man, that lack of sparkle in highs made it sound really dead for me, like a rainy sunday in autumn.

That hibiscus gets me more and more interested, for everyday carry to not risk my KPE.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #21,041 of 31,833
The KB100 is great in its own right but man, that lack of sparkle in highs made it sound really dead for me, like a rainy sunday in autumn.

That hibiscus gets me more and more interested, for everyday carry to not risk my KPE.

Yep, i underline this cause put some sparkle in there and man its near perfection. even if bass is soft and flat, its strangely clear and well articulate. I can accept the lack of upper treble cause from lower mid to mid treble the KB100 are genius. In fact...dont know if everythin remind me final audio lately, but the KB100 are perhaps even more similar to E2000 plus a bigger deeper soundstage and better imaging.

How is the bass of Kanas Pro? As they both use DLC drivers im curious if they sound similar so sure it would be interesting if you give them a try. The cable worth the purchase, you will fall from your chair...best cable of my whole collection No BS.

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #21,042 of 31,833
How is the bass of Kanas Pro? As they both use DLC drivers im curious if they sound similar so sure it would be interesting if you give them a try. The cable worth the purchase, you will fall from your chair...best cable of my whole collection No BS.

Yeah I've seen your video, the cable looks gorgeous.

For the KPE, hard to describe a bass, but to give you an idea it sounds like a much more controlled BL-03 bass, whith maybe a bit less sub extension. It bleeds a bit in the low mids, making it a fairly warm signature. It's not basshead levels, but not something that goes unnoticed either. It's my most "groovy" bass.

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #21,043 of 31,833
Yeah I've seen your video, the cable looks gorgeous.

For the KPE, hard to describe a bass, but to give you an idea it sounds like a much more controlled BL-03 bass, whith maybe a bit less sub extension. It bleeds a bit in the low mids, making it a fairly warm signature. It's not basshead levels, but not something that goes unnoticed either. It's my most "groovy" bass.

hum....i see...hum...bass is kinda unique with the Hibiscus too...cant pin point exact emphasis but its neither sub bass or mid bass, punch is weighty but soft, not super fast but well controld so mid range is very clean. I dont like having a big mouth for first impressions cause sometime audio source pairing is game changer...i think my Ibasso DX90 wich have some bass coloring wasnt the greatest pairing, now with Xduoo X3 Hibiscus impress me more. Near neutral with impressive imaging, full but transparent timbre, clean mids, some mid treble emphasis...its sure more sparkly than KB100.

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #21,044 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back