CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #21,046 of 31,833
Which cable? Hibiscus? Kanas Pro? KB100?
Yep, FAAEAL HIBISCUS cable is real BADASS.
H9285990a27d14056bc34f2ff1d5a6d5ez.jpg

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #21,048 of 31,833
hum....i see...hum...bass is kinda unique with the Hibiscus too...cant pin point exact emphasis but its neither sub bass or mid bass, punch is weighty but soft, not super fast but well controld so mid range is very clean. I dont like having a big mouth for first impressions cause sometime audio source pairing is game changer...i think my Ibasso DX90 wich have some bass coloring wasnt the greatest pairing, now with Xduoo X3 Hibiscus impress me more. Near neutral with impressive imaging, full but transparent timbre, clean mids, some mid treble emphasis...its sure more sparkly than KB100.

Bass on KP is focus on sub bass, with big deep rumble, texture is very good but not great, control over mid bass is great, very minimum mid bass, in fact i feel they a bit lacking of mid bass, kick drums doesn't sound complete. Bass decay is on slow side with slow but shaking rumble down there. Love my KP but with current state of chifi, some brings more details than KP with cheaper price, bass texture also some IEMs are better, faster decay bass also easily found in other IEMs (which are cheaper).

Yep, FAAEAL HIBISCUS cable is real BADASS.
H9285990a27d14056bc34f2ff1d5a6d5ez.jpg

From the very first I saw Hibiscus, I know the cable is worth the price, really looks like a great cable. Do they sold separately?

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #21,049 of 31,833
Bass on KP is focus on sub bass, with big deep rumble, texture is very good but not great, control over mid bass is great, very minimum mid bass, in fact i feel they a bit lacking of mid bass, kick drums doesn't sound complete. Bass decay is on slow side with slow but shaking rumble down there. Love my KP but with current state of chifi, some brings more details than KP with cheaper price, bass texture also some IEMs are better, faster decay bass also easily found in other IEMs (which are cheaper).

From the very first I saw Hibiscus, I know the cable is worth the price, really looks like a great cable. Do they sold separately?

Okay, i see....so, its not similar to Hibiscus, wich look even leaner than that as if both sub bass and mid bass is very flat. Im afraid Kanas arent my type...i really need mid bass punch for jazz, rock etc, to me it bring energy to whole sound. Still curious about them tough.

And for hibiscus, your right to be intrigue by the cable....we know how crazy expensive can be cable with BS hifi company. Guess what, i just check and YES you can buy it. For....17$. Very good deal IMO!!

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #21,051 of 31,833
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #21,052 of 31,833
oh its a bummer...would really like a 2.5mm MMCX version of those. I guess 3.5mm 2pin they all go into Hibiscus..

Something to note to about Hibiscus is that they are among the best passive noise isolation I have...surely because of thick metal back plate. I get attack by a little stupid dog never heard is yapping until he bite my shoes. This was a good Isolation test. Thanks little berserk dog!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #21,055 of 31,833
Hey guys i am hoping for some insight: Can you tell me which chifi universal iem has the best, deep-seated fit? I want the monitor to sit deep into my ear canal and essentially appear as if i'm wearing a ciem. Preferably chifi in nature, but i don't discriminate. I've seen pics of people wearing the dm6 and love how it sits flush to the ear, not protruding outward hardly at all; in one of HBB's dm6's reviews he essentially said if fits him like a custom iem.. this is what i'm looking for. I wanted to get opinions before purchasing dm6 set

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #21,057 of 31,833
Nov 18, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #21,058 of 31,833
oh its a bummer...would really like a 2.5mm MMCX version of those. I guess 3.5mm 2pin they all go into Hibiscus..

Something to note to about Hibiscus is that they are among the best passive noise isolation I have...surely because of thick metal back plate. I get attack by a little stupid dog never heard is yapping until he bite my shoes. This was a good Isolation test. Thanks little berserk dog!

Then you should do it more often bruh.
:ksc75smile:

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #21,060 of 31,833
Please suggest me an IEM(s) for gaming fps which has good soundstage and imaging required for FPS games.
Budget ideally would be 50$ may push to 100$ if its really worth it else stay within that range.

TRN BA5

mine is still on the way but from review and comparison with v90 they should be better. even v90 and KZ ZSX should be quiet decent. but isolation wise maybe ZSX is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back