Cheap but Great Sound Quality Headphones
Jul 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mistarobotics

100+ Head-Fier
Well I'm planning on buying my friend a pair of headphones for her birthday. I don't want to spend a lot of money so probably around $20-$30. She doesn't want Earbuds. She's been mostly looking at on-ear headphones. I want it to have good sound quality and good isolation for the price. Please help! 

Thanks

-mistarobotics

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 11
Jul 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 11
The Philips offers some good sounding on ear headphones in that price range.

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
thanks. i saw some sennheiser hd202 ii and hd201 on amazon. Know which I should choose out of those?

I think the HD201 is awful. Tinny sounding, no base, very long cable and not very efficient. The 202 sounds much better, maybe even better than the JVC, but is uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so - too much pressure on the ears and also has a long cable. The JVC is an around ear so it is very comfortable - like a much less expensive version of the Bose AE. All of this is my own opinion, of course.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I think the HD201 is awful. Tinny sounding, no base, very long cable and not very efficient. The 202 sounds much better, maybe even better than the JVC, but is uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so - too much pressure on the ears and also has a long cable. The JVC is an around ear so it is very comfortable - like a much less expensive version of the Bose AE. All of this is my own opinion, of course.

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I'll look into the JVC

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 11
I find the Koss KSC75 to be a great sounding headphone and an exceptional performance for price buy, they are clip-on headphones and are an exceptional value and quite a steal as they sell for only $14.76 on Amazon, MRSP is $19.99. I dont have a lot of experience in this price-range of headphones, but I do own the Koss KSC75 and I find it be of exceptional sound quality for the price, and some people even prefer it to the $35-40 Koss PortaPro (MRSP $50).

You may want to check out THIS GUIDE here on Head-Fi for some help choosing headphones.

Taken from the headphone guide:

Clip-On
  1. 1 - Koss KSC75 [$13-$15]: Best bang for buck phones anywhere. Very good for modding.
Portable
  1. 1 - Koss PortaPro [$35]: Grado-like sound at a cheap price. KSC75 clips improve sound and portability.

Hope I could help

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
I find the Koss KSC75 to be a great sounding headphone and an exceptional performance for price buy, they are clip-on headphones and are an exceptional value and quite a steal as they sell for only $15.57 on Amazon, MRSP is $19.99. I dont have a lot of experience in this price-range of headphones, but I do own the Koss KSC75 and I find it be of exceptional sound quality for the price, and some people even prefer it to the $35-40 Koss PortaPro (MRSP $50).

You may want to check out THIS GUIDE here on Head-Fi for some help choosing headphones.

Taken from the headphone guide:

Clip-On
  1. 1 - Koss KSC75 [$13-$15]: Best bang for buck phones anywhere. Very good for modding.
Portable
  1. 1 - Koss PortaPro [$35]: Grado-like sound at a cheap price. KSC75 clips improve sound and portability.

Hope I could help,
Michael

If you want, there are instructions on removing the clips from the KSC75s, and mounting them on the headband of a $2 headphone from partsexpress.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #10 of 11
another great bang for the buck i have been reading around here ,not listened by myself is the koss proDj100 ,a steal for 50 dollars,maybe a little over your target,thought...

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back