Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #1,246 of 8,192
I would guess so, I want to use 4.4mm LO with 4.4mm to dual 3-pin XLR.
I have seen cable in similar with 2.5mm+3.5mm to dual 3-pin XLR for desktop balanced amp.
I thought that 4.4mm LO might need same cable construction, maybe someone can chime in.
Just change the image in the last post. Now I put the correct one 3.5 + 4.4 to 4.4.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #1,247 of 8,192
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #1,248 of 8,192
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #1,250 of 8,192
This is what I am trying... states 9V/1.67A or 5V/2A:

Mine Galaxy S9 charger (fast charger) doesn't gel with N6ii. Had it the other day plugged in for 2-3 hours, and nothing got charged (actually lost some, the usual Android OS drain). I think it's just a different tech, fast charge vs quick charge of N6ii. Right now I'm just using a regular 5V/2A wall charger and no problems.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #1,251 of 8,192
Don't let the word "preview" fool you :wink: https://twister6.com/2019/06/12/preview-of-cayin-n6ii/ - I still have to add a few more things to finish before it goes on head-fi, but it covered a lot of info :wink:

Sorry man I didn't mean my post was poorly worded...I was really wondering at the comparative lack of coverage...your pre-review is excellent and was very helpful in guiding my decision towards the N6ii :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #1,252 of 8,192
try pairing n6ii with beyerdynamic t1.2 ..it is just nice nice nice nice nice x 1000000

Thanks for mentioning. tried it just now with the t1 v1. WOW!!

Full size 600ohm headphone? really can provide a decent playback from N6ii? unbelievable. :beerchug:

Beyer T1 is a very accurate headphone with amazing staging and layering, wander if N6ii can really do this right.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #1,253 of 8,192
Also @Andykong I know I brought this up before, but I still cannot get Spotify and Tidal to output sound to my external DAC/AMP (using IFI iDSD Black Label). Only the Cayin music app will work. Any potential solution in the future?

We confirmed this is a bug and will be resolved in subsequent firmware.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #1,254 of 8,192
@Andykong I feel interference as well from the 4.4 out. I tried different cables (PWAudio 5th aniversary - copper cable - with campfire solaris and Satin Medusa - silver cable - with Noble Kahn) and both cables have interference. When I change to the 3.5 out with the stock cables from the iems the interference disappear. Can be a problem in the 4.4 out ground? Problems with both cables doesnt seem possible. I feel that this interference enhance when the cable touch the back part of the DAP.

That's because both cables are not shielded or grounded. It is a cable design problem, not a construction problem.

4 wires balanced cable only have L+, L-, R+ and R- connected, the G of 4.4mm terminator is not connected. When you changed to 3.5mm headphone cable, you have connected the L, R, and Ground, the interference disappeared immediately.

Please refer to previous discussion for more test to verify the problem.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,255 of 8,192
I'd really like to know if beyer T1 work well with n6ii as I'm after some decent headphones.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #1,256 of 8,192
Nice to hear that you are going with the hydrogel.. The tempered glass that I got was bad.. it would not stick to the screen along the right side.. so I have to buy hydrogel for samsung and cut it myself to follow the n6ii screen size.. my temporary workaround..

btw, sometimes If I plugged to 3.5 headphone output, the player suddenly stop in the middle of the song whether using cayin or hiby app is the same.. after it stop, i press play again but no sound.. I have to unplug and plug it again but it would stop playing in the middle again.. is this software issue? Or mine is broken? I have tried two different earbud and result is the same.. But no problems at all with the 4.4 balance.. anyone face the same issue?

The latest 2.5D trend is really making a lot of problems and the screen protector is just one of them. I really don't see any advantage of the 2.5D screen, just a lot of problem. We have two options: reduce the size of the temper glass protector but that would leave around 1-2mm gap uncovered on each side, or go for hydrogel but that required new machineries and mold in our production line. Not an easy decision indeed.

Haven't come across similar problem so far, I'll mark this done and ask the factory try to replicate the problem. Standard 3.5mm TRS connector? or TRRS with mic? Folder playback? or through Album/Artist tab? how often? happen one to two times per day? happened with different music formats (WAV, FLAC, DSD, ..) ? Happen when change of format? Happen with a particular album? ... Tell me more about this so that we have a better chance to replicate the problem.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,258 of 8,192
@Andykong
How to change fw from Chinese to International?

You can download the N6ii International firmware and install on your player manually, instruction has been provided on our firmware announcement page. Be reminded that you are not allowed to rollback your firmware, you can only update to a newer version, that's the limitation of open Android device with Google Play installed.

UPDATE:

Receive an update from Service Engineer that N6ii cannot be flashed from Chinese firmware to International firmware or vice versa. This was possible with our Android 5.1 based N5ii and N5iiS but not available to the N6ii which is Android 8.1 based.

Last edited:

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #1,259 of 8,192
Very sad to read that. I have older and more than twice cheaper Hiby R6, it got MQA support with firmware update after several month after realize. Can Hiby gays help Cayin to get same feature for N6 ii?

HiBy is Cayin's strategy partner, they'll provide all the help we needed, the delay was caused by the long and detail MQA licensing process. MQA takes partnership and technical licensing very seriously, so it just take a lot of time to go through that.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #1,260 of 8,192
Google Play installed.[/QUOTE]
You can download the N6ii International firmware and install on your player manually, instruction has been provided on our firmware announcement page. Be reminded that you are not allowed to rollback your firmware, you can only update to a newer version, that's the limitation of open Android device with Google Play installed.
but there is no firmware for n6ii on your download page for now. You mean when it comes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back