Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #1,261 of 8,192
@Andykong have you company shipped the first batch of daps to Russian dealer?
First it waited it in June. Now in July’s but without any curtain date.
I sold all my daps and waiting for it))

Have you contacted DoctorHead or Blade about the latest date of availability? We have shipped out the first batch of N6ii to Russia last week and we expect DoctorHead should receive the shipment very soon. We don't know the exact arrival time because Russia dealer arrange the logistic themselves.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #1,262 of 8,192
Google Play installed.

but there is no firmware for n6ii on your download page for now. You mean when it comes?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need to wait for the "next" firmware update which will be coming very soon.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,263 of 8,192
I posted my solutions on the post few back. It worked for me. Go to setting, apps, and allow all permission for 3 apps: google play store, google play service and google input pinyin. After I allowed all permission, my standby battery became normal and not drain itself anymore. Try it maybe it can solve your problems

So you didn't grant any permission to other third party app but grant al the requested permission to the three Google service? Even with irrelevant permissions such as Location, microphone and SMS etc.?

Last edited:

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #1,265 of 8,192
That's because both cables are not shielded or grounded. It is a cable design problem, not a construction problem.

4 wires balanced cable only have L+, L-, R+ and R- connected, the G of 4.4mm terminator is not connected. When you changed to 3.5mm headphone cable, you have connected the L, R, and Ground, the interference disappeared immediately.

Please refer to previous discussion for more test to verify the problem.

Thanks @Andykong - as mentioned previously, I get this issue too but have narrowed it down to just when the WiFi RX is enabled. I’ve not encountered this issue when running balanced on other players. It renders using the balanced out with WiFi enabled pretty much unusable.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,266 of 8,192
My battery is drainning very quick. Yesterday i was listening music before sleep. I take out the iem, turn off the wifi and put him beside my bed. When I woke up after 6hrs the battery goes to 45 to 11%. When I search what use the battery see that google play service drain more than 60% of all battery. Why is this happening?

An update on my battery drain issue-- last night I left the player out with the wifi and bluetooth off only this time I unplugged my headphones. When I woke up in the morning the battery was on the same percent as it was when I went to bed so I think having my headphones plugged in the night before may have been the problem.

Maybe that's because the mode of operation in N6ii. When you unplug the headphone, N6ii changed to digital out mode. It will be either S/PDIF or I2S depends on the setting of the pull down menu. Under this condition, 9x% of the Audio Motherboard is disconnected from power, only the connection between A01 and MCU remains power on. For this reason, even when there are on-going background task on N6ii, it won't drain a lot of battery. When you plug in an earphone, N6ii will detected the connection and all the digital and analogue circuit of Audio Motherboard becomes onlined.

So I woke up this morning and after about 7 hours the device in idle went from 94% charge to 79% with WIFI and Bluetooth off-- is this normal?

Same question applied: headphone plugged in during that 7 hours?

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #1,267 of 8,192
Thanks @Andykong - as mentioned previously, I get this issue too but have narrowed it down to just when the WiFi RX is enabled. I’ve not encountered this issue when running balanced on other players. It renders using the balanced out with WiFi enabled pretty much unusable.

When WiFi Rx is enable, the headphone cable become an RF antenna and subject to interference. When you said other player, can you tell us more about that? Model? 2.5mm balanced or 4.4mm balanced?

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #1,268 of 8,192
When WiFi Rx is enable, the headphone cable become an RF antenna and subject to interference. When you said other player, can you tell us more about that? Model? 2.5mm balanced or 4.4mm balanced?

AK70 & AKSR15, 2.5mm

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,269 of 8,192
Ive contacted XChesser Audio.

We didn't provide N6ii to XChesser Audio, sorry, you need to consult XChesser Audio and seek their clarification. To crosscheck their statement, please consult Doctorhead at the same time so that you can have the complete picture.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #1,270 of 8,192
AK70 & AKSR15, 2.5mm

That's because 2.5 balanced didn't have ground connection at all, but the 4.4 socket are grounded by specification.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #1,271 of 8,192
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #1,272 of 8,192
Maybe that's because the mode of operation in N6ii. When you unplug the headphone, N6ii changed to digital out mode. It will be either S/PDIF or I2S depends on the setting of the pull down menu. Under this condition, 9x% of the Audio Motherboard is disconnected from power, only the connection between A01 and MCU remains power on. For this reason, even when there are on-going background task on N6ii, it won't drain a lot of battery. When you plug in an earphone, N6ii will detected the connection and all the digital and analogue circuit of Audio Motherboard becomes onlined.

Same question applied: headphone plugged in during that 7 hours?

Yes that first night. However I've only had the battery drain issue once. Lately the battery doesn't seem to drain while idling at all-- like maybe 1% over 8 hours-- whether headphones are plugged on or not. As long as wifi and bluetooth are off. Battery life is improving on the whole too. I'm losing about 7-8% an hour playing flacs in medium gain which EQ on...which balances out to around 14 hours playback time, which is awesome. No player at this level should give less than 10 hours playback. 12-14 is awesome and guarantees a full day out and about without having to worry about a recharge.

Also @Andykong do you think a motherboard with tube amplification will be in the works in the future for the N6ii? Loving this player!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #1,273 of 8,192
That's because 2.5 balanced didn't have ground connection at all, but the 4.4 socket are grounded by specification.

OK, thanks @Andykong - is this an issue that users of Sony DAPs frequently encounter then (genuine question, I’ve never used one).

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #1,275 of 8,192
The latest 2.5D trend is really making a lot of problems and the screen protector is just one of them. I really don't see any advantage of the 2.5D screen, just a lot of problem. We have two options: reduce the size of the temper glass protector but that would leave around 1-2mm gap uncovered on each side, or go for hydrogel but that required new machineries and mold in our production line. Not an easy decision indeed.

Haven't come across similar problem so far, I'll mark this done and ask the factory try to replicate the problem. Standard 3.5mm TRS connector? or TRRS with mic? Folder playback? or through Album/Artist tab? how often? happen one to two times per day? happened with different music formats (WAV, FLAC, DSD, ..) ? Happen when change of format? Happen with a particular album? ... Tell me more about this so that we have a better chance to replicate the problem.

I'm using custom earbud with standard 3.5mm TRS Connector without mic. Playing FLAC, inside the folder. I can not give you further detail since I have sold the earbud :).. But I have no problem connecting with my Tia Trio. So maybe issue with the earbud and not with N6ii. Let see if in future I encounter the same problem.

Yes, my workaround for the hydrogel work perfectly for my n6ii..

So you didn't grant any permission to other third party app but grant al the requested permission to the three Google service? Even with irrelevant permissions such as Location, microphone and SMS etc.?
yes, I grant permission for all and solved my problem. maybe if you allow one by one you can filter the exact problem but I don't have patience to try it hahahahaha... I read in hiby r6 forum, location permission could be the one but no problem with me to allow all.. Hiby R6 with its latest software also facing the battery drain problem, and I found the workaround on that forum. (battery drain even when wifi and bluetooth off)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back