Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #6,722 of 9,829
The more i listen to this combo, the more i like it.

Andro is a bright IEM but the copper cable brings lower ends and power to the Andro without losing much sparkle.

Nice music chose, I really enjoy listening to OST from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso with the Andros

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #6,723 of 9,829
The advantage of having a good relationship with a great dealer: when he goes on vacation you get to borrow some of his demo units. (The Andromeda are mine)

20190222_185315.jpg

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #6,724 of 9,829
The advantage of having a good relationship with a great dealer: when he goes on vacation you get to borrow some of his demo units. (The Andromeda are mine)

Your Dealer probably knows you better than you know yourself and reckons you'll be financing his holiday and selling body organs in order not to have to give those iem's back

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #6,725 of 9,829
Your Dealer probably knows you better than you know yourself and reckons you'll be financing his holiday and selling body organs in order not to have to give those iem's back
Lolz! Soooo.... which organs are hot right now?

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #6,726 of 9,829

I'm in the throes of a love affair with the Atlas at the moment but someday I'm hoping to pick up either a Solaris or an Andromeda to complement them.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #6,727 of 9,829
I'm in the throes of a love affair with the Atlas at the moment but someday I'm hoping to pick up either a Solaris or an Andromeda to complement them.
If you like bass but want a larger soundstage and more details then get the Solaris.

If you want detailed sound get the Andromeda.

For me I have all three and will probably be selling my Andromeda as the Solaris is the love child of the Atlas and Andromeda. Good deep clean bass of the Atlas with the soundstage and details of the Andromeda.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #6,728 of 9,829
If you like bass but want a larger soundstage and more details then get the Solaris.

If you want detailed sound get the Andromeda.

For me I have all three and will probably be selling my Andromeda as the Solaris is the love child of the Atlas and Andromeda. Good deep clean bass of the Atlas with the soundstage and details of the Andromeda.

Are you a fan of the Atlas? Would you say the Solaris replaces it or complements it?

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #6,729 of 9,829
Are you a fan of the Atlas? Would you say the Solaris replaces it or complements it?
I love the Atlas and it's a great complement to the Solaris.

For me I switch between them based on my mood, what gear I'm using and the music.

Feb 26, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #6,731 of 9,829
I've started getting this annoying clicking sound in the right ear with my Andromeda S. It happens every time there is a movement of the iem relative to the ear. With how heavy the Andro-S is, this means that it happens "every step I take", when I turn/tilt my head, etc. Based on the tests I've tried, it seems to be triggered when the pressure inside the shell decreases, e.g. with the Andros inserted, if I press lightly on the top plate towards my head and then release it, the click happens on the release.

I'm not sure if this has always been there (hard to believe) or if it's a new development but it has become really distracting to the point I can't really enjoy my music. The headphones sound as great as ever otherwise. Already contacted CA about it, but I'm curious if anybody else experienced something like this. Thanks!

I've had this exact problem. Campfire rebuilt them for me and they're on their way back. I'm not terribly happy with the fact that it happened, but they fixed the problem so I guess I can't complain. If it wasn't for it being the S they would probably replace them.

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #6,732 of 9,829
I've had this exact problem. Campfire rebuilt them for me and they're on their way back. I'm not terribly happy with the fact that it happened, but they fixed the problem so I guess I can't complain. If it wasn't for it being the S they would probably replace them.
Did they explain what the problem was?

Feb 28, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #6,733 of 9,829
Regarding hiss with ZX-300 - I see it depends on records. Some records doesn't hiss at all. But some does and even with Balanced high gain, hiss starts noticeable after volume 80-90 or more. Also, hiss is less if you use direct sound, but the tone is a little high.

Regarding condensation - at the moment using comply to prevent it. But will try silicon Spiral dots later, that time I will just leave it to dry on a USB dehumidifier every night.

This is embarrassing - probably I am the first to encounter it. The MMCX connectors never been easy, used my Andros for 6 months or more, needed to remove cable total 3 times so far. But the last time, they weren't coming out no matter what and I broke my nail! Then I used a plus to remove and one connector form the shell got broken. I just sent those to support for shell repair.

Most IEM manufactures uses MMCX connectors. But if these are such painful why still use? I do feel to take an upgrade from Andro and try 64 Audio this time at least they don't use painful MMCX.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #6,734 of 9,829
Regarding hiss with ZX-300 - I see it depends on records. Some records doesn't hiss at all. But some does and even with Balanced high gain, hiss starts noticeable after volume 80-90 or more. Also, hiss is less if you use direct sound, but the tone is a little high.

Regarding condensation - at the moment using comply to prevent it. But will try silicon Spiral dots later, that time I will just leave it to dry on a USB dehumidifier every night.

This is embarrassing - probably I am the first to encounter it. The MMCX connectors never been easy, used my Andros for 6 months or more, needed to remove cable total 3 times so far. But the last time, they weren't coming out no matter what and I broke my nail! Then I used a plus to remove and one connector form the shell got broken. I just sent those to support for shell repair.

Most IEM manufactures uses MMCX connectors. But if these are such painful why still use? I do feel to take an upgrade from Andro and try 64 Audio this time at least they don't use painful MMCX.
Wow! I haven’t been able to use Andromeda that loud on high gain and balanced mode! I usually use it on balanced regular gain st around volume 20-45. If I use high gain balanced I can’t go past 25!

Maybe older recordings with little compression like some classical music might need much more volume.

What type of music are you listening to?

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #6,735 of 9,829
Did they explain what the problem was?

They didn't say exactly. I suspect an armature was loose or something. I've also had some problems with the MMCX connectors. Again, ALO fixed everything, but not terribly happy to have problems in the first place. I had to send them back twice actually. Seem good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back