Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #9,826 of 9,829
I have the OG Andromeda. Does it make sense to upgrade to the newer versions? Or I go a different line such as the Solaris Stellar Horizon?

The intended use case is with the Chord Poly + Mojo 1 (not the 2).

Btw, I did buy some high-end silver cables for the OG Andromeda, those would fit on the latest Andromeda version also?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #9,827 of 9,829
CFA uses mmcx exclusively on all models.

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #9,828 of 9,829
I’ve got the 2019 Andromeda and recently tried the Supermoon and the Ponderosa. The comfort on the latest Chromatic series Campfire IEM’s is better than the older aluminum shell models in my ears. I think the Ponderosa is very close in sound to the Andromeds but it also benefits from a lower impedance which seems to make them less boomy than the Andro with some of my sources.

The Ponderosa’s can stay in my ears longer without needing a break and I don’t feel the need to use a higher output impedance source with them. You may benefit from them with the Mojo 1.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #9,829 of 9,829
I have the OG Andromeda. Does it make sense to upgrade to the newer versions? Or I go a different line such as the Solaris Stellar Horizon?

The intended use case is with the Chord Poly + Mojo 1 (not the 2).

Btw, I did buy some high-end silver cables for the OG Andromeda, those would fit on the latest Andromeda version also?

Personally, I'd stick with the OG. My favorite IEM is either v1.5 or v2, can't remember which I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back